The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod
Post any suggestions here!

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I would suggest making the beginning a bit clearer what you do with your characters cause you don't really know what to do until you're sorted, no offense. :)

message 3: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Yeah, I tried to make it more clear. Pretty much you can RP anywhere but the House common rooms until you're sorted. I'll try to fix it a bit more...

message 4: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Anything specific you want me to add to make it easier to understand?

message 5: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Hmm... What exactly do you do in the classrooms?

message 6: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Um, well, like what happens during class at Hogwarts. You learn, the Professors teach. Usually you RP what happens in class, and since we don't have any Professors yet, you don't have to include them in the RP.

message 7: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Ok, sorry if I seem a bit dim witted. I'm really not! Haha :)

message 8: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

No, it's fine :)). Sorry, the way I worded it was kind of rude...

message 9: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 25, 2012 04:03PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Here's an idea!

Include a section for letters/diaries/journals! So our characters can write to loved ones, and record their inner most thoughts!

If you like this idea, maybe you can make this part of the ten post requirement! Like letters and dairy entries count too! So they can record thoughts about each of the houses or something?

How's that?

message 10: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I like that idea Sarah! And it's fine Sofia, I didn't think it was rude. :)

message 11: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Sarah wrote: "Here's an idea!

Include a section for letters/diaries/journals! So our characters can write to loved ones, and record their inner most thoughts!

If you like this idea, maybe you can make this par..."

Yeah, okay (sorry I had to log out for a bit) that sounds good. And yes, since it's in-character, that counts. I'll add that as a topic now...

message 12: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Here's an idea!

If you like this idea, maybe you can..."

Yay~ Thanks!

message 13: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

I called it 'Owlery', but it's mainly just for letters.

message 14: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "I called it 'Owlery', but it's mainly just for letters."

What about a place for journaling or something?

message 15: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Hmm...okay. I'm not sure where I'll put it, though.

message 16: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Hmm...okay. I'm not sure where I'll put it, though."

hmmm...I don't know, but there's probably a way to solve this problem.

message 17: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) What if you made a place labeled "My journal" and we just wrote in it for our charrys?

message 18: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Ginger wrote: "What if you made a place labeled "My journal" and we just wrote in it for our charrys?"

Good idea!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, a lot of us are rp-ing in the same classes and differed times, maybe you should make a. Schedule?

message 20: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Sure...like for each individual character or for everybody?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Whichever, but if you eat the rp characters to meet maybe you should do everyone together

message 22: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Xhorxhia wrote: "Whichever, but if you eat the rp characters to meet maybe you should do everyone together"

Yes, I think I'll do the same for everybody, since we don't have many RPers yet...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, I'm gonna start the schedule tomorrow, it would make more sense for me :)

message 24: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Xhorxhia wrote: "Ok, I'm gonna start the schedule tomorrow, it would make more sense for me :)"

Okay.

message 25: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Maybe you can make that the first years aren't sorted right after they get here, there could be a dormitory for unsorted first years.

You know, like the professor in charge of sorting study the new students' behavior for a few days before sorting them, hence the ten posts. But in character, just explain it as a professor observing the behavior of new students.

This will make our group slightly different from the other Hogwarts rp groups.

message 26: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I think that we should have special games to decide something, like if two people want to be the same position in quittich, a special game to decide.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw, you picked seeker too...

message 28: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Ginger wrote: "I think that we should have special games to decide something, like if two people want to be the same position in quittich, a special game to decide."

That's a good idea! It is, luckily I have no competition! :P

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky you! I have Ginger to compete with! This may be tough!

message 30: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Or maybe there could be an Alternate player incase Ginger or you get hurt! I mean, it's bound to happen! They should have back up players so that, they could step in for the main player for a while! And the alternate players would attend the practices too, so it's like you're on the team too!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I know but no one actually wanted to be an alternate player now do they?

message 32: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Xhorxhia wrote: "I know but no one actually wanted to be an alternate player now do they?"

Well, I'd say it's better than nothing...so there could be a game to decide who the main player is, and the one that loses will become the alternate...lol

message 33: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Dec 29, 2012 02:35PM) (new)

I like that idea, but how would we decide who would be the best in the competition? Both people would want to RP themselves winning...and we could definitely do alternate players, but I think that would be better if the team was full first...

message 34: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 29, 2012 02:38PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "I like that idea, but how would we decide who would be the best in the competition? Both people would want to RP themselves winning..."

In my other group, we have the rule where we just rp us attempt make a shot, block, or dodge, and a referee decides if the character actually succeeds, maybe we could do that.

Example:

Me
Clarisse attempts to dodge the bludger

Referee
Clarisse attempt fails, she was hit in the face, and falls off her broom!

And I could react to that!

message 35: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Oh, that would be a fair thing to do...but how does the referee decide?

message 36: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Oh, that would be a fair thing to do...but how does the referee decide?"

Just you know, at random, no biases! Like she/he will let them succeed or not succeed, it's random and there's no pattern. The referee isn't a real character, I mean what the referee decides would be OOC(Out of character)

message 37: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Ok. And Sarah and Alexandra, do want to be the Quidditch team captains? Since you're the only ones in your Houses, I mean.

message 38: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Ok. And Sarah and Alexandra, do want to be the Quidditch team captains? Since you're the only ones in your Houses, I mean."

Ummm...sure! I never rped one before, but it might be fun!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

This is not really a suggestion, but everyone is rp-ing in different topics at the same time with the same character, it's really confusing :(

message 40: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Xhorxhia wrote: "This is not really a suggestion, but everyone is rp-ing in different topics at the same time with the same character, it's really confusing :("

I've been noticing that too...you can't do that, though, one character can only be in one place at once...

message 41: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Sofie wrote: "Ok. And Sarah and Alexandra, do want to be the Quidditch team captains? Since you're the only ones in your Houses, I mean."

I'd love to. Sounds like a lot of fun. And Sarah, game on

message 42: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) On other locations, could there be a library?

message 43: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Alexandra wrote: "On other locations, could there be a library?"

Sure.

message 44: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Xhorxhia wrote: "This is not really a suggestion, but everyone is rp-ing in different topics at the same time with the same character, it's really confusing :("

I've been noticing that too...you c..."

What if you already are? My other group just lets use, pretend each location they're at it's a different day. So they're never at the same place at the same time.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes but it's confusing for others as well, especially when they pretend to rp on different days as you on the same topic, it would make more sense if your in one place at the same time.

message 46: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Xhorxhia wrote: "Yes but it's confusing for others as well, especially when they pretend to rp on different days as you on the same topic, it would make more sense if your in one place at the same time."

I agree with Xhorxhia. It makes more sense to tell when you're leaving someplace.

message 47: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Xhorxhia wrote: "Yes but it's confusing for others as well, especially when they pretend to rp on different days as you on the same topic, it would make more sense if your in one place at the same time."

Yea, but I am already in more than one place, it's not like I could just delete my other posts! What am I suppose to do?

message 48: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Just say that you're leaving...

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Rp that your leaving? Something like that, so looks like your going into one class to another.

message 50: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ...I am in the middle of doing something in some of them, that won't work.

« previous 1