Rockism 101 discussion

positive vibrations > personal paradox

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (last edited Dec 25, 2012 01:30PM) (new)

Jack | 52 comments I'm at a holiday gathering with people that I know on a casual basis. I don't want to get drunk. I don't want to drink even. Everyone seems to be having a good time but I feel out of place somehow. I could just stand around and watch people or I could try approaching someone and making a conversation. Either way, I know this is going nowhere. So I should just leave.

But if I leave I'll have nothing to do. I've be bored and lonely. Or worst yet I'll sit in front of the idiot box and watch something that will be a total waste of my time.

Why do I feel like I have to do something? Why can't I just sit by a window and stare outside? Maybe I'll see a squirrel make an amazing jump from one tree to another.

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 218 comments Mod
Jack wrote: "I'm at a holiday gathering with people that I know on a casual basis. I don't want to get drunk. I don't want to drink even. Everyone seems to be having a good time but I feel out of place someho..."

I always feel that way on New Years Eve. Usually I do not like being around a lot of drunk people, but I won't ever leave because I feel like sitting at home alone watching the TV is lame especially on New Years Eve.

message 3: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments Jack wrote: "I'm at a holiday gathering with people that I know on a casual basis. I don't want to get drunk. I don't want to drink even. Everyone seems to be having a good time but I feel out of place someho..."

You felt out of place because you weren't liquored up. You should have went to the bathroom and had a pep talk with yourself, which would have included liberal slaps to the face. lol.