The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod
Any questions? Ask them here, and Erin and I will try to get back to as soon as we can.

message 2: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Do we have to pick two other elective classes? Can we pick only one other elective class?

message 3: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Dec 25, 2012 01:25PM) (new)

If you really only want 1, that's fine. 2 or 3 is our maximum.

message 4: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I have one more question, if we are suppose to ten posts in character about what house our character wants to be in, what happens if they are not a first year and is suppose to already be in a house? Do we still post like they haven't got sorted yet?

message 5: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Yes, and when in the Great Hall, you have free seating :). Then once your character is sorted, you can pretend your character was always in that House, and the Sorting RP was like, a flashback. Just stay out of the Common Room topics for now.

message 6: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Oh, so you mean flashback to when they were still first year students? That makes sense! :)

message 7: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Yeah. But still write it like it was in present...if that makes any sense. And will you be doing both Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures? Or just one?

message 8: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 25, 2012 01:47PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Yeah. But still write it like it was in present...if that makes any sense. And will you be doing both Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures? Or just one?"

I think I know what you mean, like write in flashback, but the writing itself should be in present tense? I think I will just do both, I was hesitant at first, but yea! I will do both!

message 9: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Do the classes, introduction, application, etc count as some of our 10 posts.

message 10: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

No. Well, when you RP in the classrooms it does, anyway. Not in the sign up topic or anything. The 10 posts include only role-plays. You can role-play pretty much anywhere but the House common rooms.

message 11: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) In the Introduction thread, you said we could change our names by clicking edit profile which is one of the options after you click the arrow by your name, but what if you don't actually want to change your name? Is there anyway to do what you did? Like have your character name in gray by your goodreads name?

message 12: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

That's a group setting for mods - sorry. It doesn't allow members to do that.

message 13: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "That's a group setting for mods - sorry. It doesn't allow members to do that."

awww...okay...

message 14: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Each member can only have one character right? Just making sure.

message 15: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

No, you can make as many as you want. Just don't make so many that you can't handle them all.

message 16: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "No, you can make as many as you want. Just don't make so many that you can't handle them all."

oh okay! Makes sense!

message 17: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I'm going to make a million!!!!!! Just kidding haha I'll probably stick with one. I'd mix them up. Haha :)

message 18: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Or idk, maybe I'll make a small character like an elf or ghost or teacher. :)

message 19: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Lol. Yeah, I was thinking about making a ghost...

message 20: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Ok, I made my first rp in the green houses. My character didn't talk much cause their aren't really anybody to rp with yet, but I think I might have done ok. Check it out and tell me ok? Maybe some other student can say the same issue but from their view. :)

message 21: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

I like your RP, and Sarah's too. Good start!

message 22: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Is there a Quidditch team? If so, can we choose our positions?

message 23: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

There will be a Quidditch team, but you must be Sorted before it, so you can be in a House team. And since we don't have many members yet, you can currently choose your position if nobody else has claimed it yet. We'll begin a list of taken positions soon.

message 24: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) What are you supposed to do in the dorm rooms?

message 25: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

You can RP with your other House members there.

message 26: by Kathy ♡ (new)

Kathy ♡ (dattebayooo) On the Sorting Hat place, it says you can only post here if you have made 10 character in-posts. What does that mean?

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments What does Suzume do while she has no house if she goes to the feast? Like, where does she sit?

message 28: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Kathy (Miss Random) wrote: "On the Sorting Hat place, it says you can only post here if you have made 10 character in-posts. What does that mean?"

You have to rp as your character in ten posts before you are sorted.

message 29: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Andr ~ Endertan! wrote: "What does Suzume do while she has no house if she goes to the feast? Like, where does she sit?"

Just don't be specific, just say that she sits down at a table with her peers. Try to not be specific about what house you're in.

message 30: by Kathy ♡ (new)

Kathy ♡ (dattebayooo) Sarah wrote: "Kathy (Miss Random) wrote: "On the Sorting Hat place, it says you can only post here if you have made 10 character in-posts. What does that mean?"

You have to rp as your character in ten posts bef..."

Ohh, ok! Thanks!!! :DD

message 31: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Kathy (Miss Random) wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Kathy (Miss Random) wrote: "On the Sorting Hat place, it says you can only post here if you have made 10 character in-posts. What does that mean?"

You have to rp as your character in..."

No problem! :)

message 32: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) How do you become a Quidditch team captain?

message 33: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) What do the teachers do with their offices?

message 34: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Alexandra wrote: "How do you become a Quidditch team captain?"

Well, I haven't decided yet. But since you and Sarah's characters are the first ones on their House Quidditch teams, I thought you could each be Captains. If you want to, I mean.

message 35: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Ginger wrote: "What do the teachers do with their offices?"

Well, normally they talk with students, write papers, meet with people, etc. Like in the books, where they often went to Professor McGonagall's office when they were in trouble. But you can RP almost anything there, I guess.

message 36: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Sofie wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "How do you become a Quidditch team captain?"

Well, I haven't decided yet. But since you and Sarah's characters are the first ones on their House Quidditch teams, I thought you c..."

Oh, okay cool. that sounds like fun. There's just not much of a team to be captain of :)

message 37: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Sofie wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "How do you become a Quidditch team captain?"

Well, I haven't decided yet. But since you and Sarah's characters are the first ones on their House Quidditch teams, I..."

I know :). Until we get more athletic Ravenclaws...

message 38: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Can I switch from Arithmancy to Ancient Runes? I really have no idea what it is.

message 39: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Can I switch from Arithmancy to Ancient Runes? I really have no idea what it is."

Sure.

message 40: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Can Derek Holmes be a wolf animagus?

message 41: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Can Derek Holmes be a wolf animagus?"

As long as you give a history of how he figured out to be one, yes.

message 42: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Where should
I write that? Here?

message 43: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 01, 2013 07:15PM) (new)

In 'Background' on your Character app.

message 44: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "There hadn't been any casualities; well, apart from the Hufflepuff girl and the wimpy Ravenclaw boy who'd been hit..."

Hufflepuff girl meaning Clarisse? I'm just wondering! It would be fun to be apart of that incident.

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 02, 2013 03:18AM) (new)

I'm OK with that! I hadn't intended it but sure, yeah! Oh, and Sofie, can I make Jared a Metamorphmagus?

message 46: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 02, 2013 03:13AM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Were they really injured though? Because I think you said "injured" using the quotation marks or it was more like 'injured', so I'm not sure if you meant it literally or like they weren't actually that badly hurt.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

A little bit injured, but not injured injured. The worst casualty was a twisted ankle.

message 48: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Shahdia wrote: "A little bit injured, but not injured injured. The worst casualty was a twisted ankle."

Then Clarisse could have the twisted ankle because I don't know what kind of injury you get from firework prank things.

message 49: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Shahdia wrote: "I'm OK with that! I hadn't intended it but sure, yeah! Oh, and Sofie, can I make Jared a Metamorphmagus?"

Sorry, but we already have one, and it's supposed to be mega-rare, and anyways, I think Jared is interesting enough. :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

But it'd be better! He'd be able to prank without Headmistress Sage knowing who he was!

« previous 1 3 4