The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Classrooms > Herbology

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I walked into the greenhouse and almost puked, it smelled like dirty socks, wet dog, and bad breath. Our teacher welcomed me and a few of my other class mates in, they held their nose too, muttering about the smell. I sat down and covered my mouth and nose with my shirt so I could breath.
"What is that?!" One of the boys asked with a disgusted look on his face.
"Trafflepugs! Their tears make what you know as love potion. Just like salt makes things sweeter! You smell here what you think is the grossest smell in your mind, just like the love potions make you smell what you like!"
"Won't be hard hard to make them cry, just let them smell themselves!" The boy from before muttered. I silently agreed but pulled the lid off of a plate in front of me. The smell in the room intensified and we all started working on them. They looked like miniature trees, but fat and short, with long dreadlocks that if you looked close enough, you could see leaves entwined in them. it had stubby paws. Their eyes were tiny, beady and angry looking. I took a needle that was lying with other sharp supplies. I felt guilty but said "sorry" softly to the little plant and poked it softly with the needle. It roared a high pitched yelp and takes it's pointy nails across my arms. I screamed and looked at my arm. It was bleeding. It didn't look to deep but it stung like a bee. I glared at the plant thing and it hissed a little bit, I think it was a laugh.
"Don't worry, the trafflepug scratch stings a bit, but it's not poisonous!" Our teacher said cheerfully.
"Great." I muttered. I looked around the room and was glad to see I wasn't the only one who'd gotten scratched. A few other of the kids were holding their arm in one hand and the sharp object in the other, needles, chopsticks, knifes, and other random objects. Nothing seemed to be working. All the plants were snickering. I turned back toward mine.
"Stupid little plant." I muttered to the plant. To my surprise it looked shocked an it looked like it was blinking back tears. I was surprised...what if... So I gave it a shot. "Bug brain! I bet your mother's uglier than you! We're you dropped on your head as a twig? Oh wait, you are a twig!" Some of the kids around me looked at me funny. But it started to work. The plant was now bawling it's eyes out. My mouthed curved into a smile as I continued to throw insult after insult after it. I grabbed a vial that was next to the sharp supplies and let the tears pour into it. I filled up three vials before the plant shriveled up and set fire to itself, turning itself to ash. I was a bit shocked but I handed the vials to our teacher. Our teacher smiled a me and told me good job. She took out her wand and healed my scratches. I thanked her and went back to sit down. A few of the other kids were following what I had done and finishing up. I tucked my ruby red hair behind my ear and started wondering if trafflepug tears smelled as bad as the trafflepug. Because that would make a great prank.

message 3: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 25, 2012 08:52PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I could never do what they are doing to the trafflepug...even if it did scratched me...they were probably just trying to project themselves... Clarisse thought glancing around looking at what her classmates are doing, especially the girl that was across from her. The girl had seemingly did what the Professor expected of her, and her injury was healed. She looked at the scratched on her own arm from previous attempts at collecting the tears of trafflepug. Really? Should I really do this? She glanced at the trafflepug in front of her, still not convinced that she should throw insults at them to make them cry. "Is there not other ways to collect their tears?" Clarisse muttered to herself and sighed at the plant. The students were following the girl's example, but she just doesn't want to do it. She didn't like hurting people's feelings, even plants are just the same. She resolved to think of a different method to get the classwork done, thus many classmates finished before her.

After much thought, Clarisse smiled at the trafflepug in front of her. Might as well start with an introduction first, he would probably like to know my name and if I'm actually going to harm him or not! "Hi, I'm Clarisse!" she cleared her throat and said, "I'm not going to hurt you! I just need some of your tears, can you cooperate with me?" She asked gently to the plant who looked at her with his beady eyes. "Let's see! What should I call you? How about Grumpy? You have a Grumpy face don't you?" Clarisse said giggling. "Are you ticklish?" Clarisse asked as if the plant would respond to her, but no. The plant just sat and stared seemingly confused. Clarisse reached out her hand and slowly started tickling the plant. She wasn't scratched because the plant might have thought Clarisse pose no threat, it started hissing and shaking. Was that their way of laughing? So little Grumpy here is ticklish! Clarisse thought and smiled. The plant start hissing and shaking harder, and soon tears started trickling out of his eyes. She grabbed the vial and collected some tears, she stopped tickling the plant. "Thank you!" she said to the plant, and went to the professor. "Is this enough, Professor?" She asked holding up her vial.

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I looked at the girl who had been sitting a few seats away, she hadn't done anything for a while and she looked thoughtful. I had finished a while ago and our teacher was handing out more trafflepugs. I felt really guilty about blowing up my last one even though it had scratched me. I looked around the room at all the other kids insulting and blowing up their trafflepugs. Nobody else seemed too ashamed to blow up these plants. There was a small bulb left from the remains if my last trafflepug. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. I turned around to the noise of lots of hissing snapping noises, the girl who had been looking thoughtful...I think her name was Claire...or Clarisse, yes. That's what it is. She was a fourth year, a year ahead of me. Clarisse was now collecting tears from a shaking trafflepug. It wasn't exploding. How did she do that? She went up to the teacher and showed her a few of the bottles she had attracted. She looked happy and came to sit back down.
"How did you do that??" I asked her quietly, avoiding the trafflepug that was waving it's arms around, trying too scratch her.
"Tickle it." Clarisse replied, smiling.
"Genius..." I whispered quietly. She didn't reply but she smiled. I reached forward avoiding the waving arms and when it raised it's arms I reached forward and started tickling it. It froze at first, looking startled like earlier. But it started hissing and shaking like I'd seen Clarisse's do. I collected several vials of it's tears until I had around five, and it still hadn't exploded. My arms were tired from tickling it so I took a break and brought my vials to the teacher. She smiled to me and said
"You learn something from watching others don't you? Maybe tomorrow we'll study nargles!" I smiled back at her uneasily as everyone started clearing up their stuff. I followed everyone out with my stuff and stopped on the trail for a moment. There was still spots of grass showing through the snow. I walked off the trail a bit just outside the forbidden forest. I waved my wand on a patch of grass and it unfroze and a small hole was made. I made a couple holes in the ground and planted a few off the trafflepug bulbs I'd picked up the covered them up with the warm dirt. I hoped they'd grow back. I stood up and ran back to the trail and ran into Clarisse.
"Sorry! I was just...never mind, you're Clarisse right? Thanks for telling me another way too make them cry, I felt really bad about blowing them up."

message 5: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Everyone was getting up to leave, so that means she should. The professor have been pleased with her method of collecting tears, this was good. Plant life are not much different from the magical creatures I keep seeing! They're usually just trying to protect themselves! She allowed this thought to enter her mind, it was something new she learned today. She decided that she would like Herbology, and hopefully this also means that she will do well in this class. She was so very energetic, there was very little classes she can do well in, and not have the Professors get irritated at her. She was walking and thinking at the same time, she looked back at the little creature she was playing with. "Until next time, Little Grumpy!" She said with a grin, that's when the girl from earlier bumped into her all of a sudden.

"Sorry! I was just...never mind, you're Clarisse right? Thanks for telling me another way too make them cry, I felt really bad about blowing them up."

Clarisse laughed, "No need to apologize! It was an accident!" The girl went on about how awful she felt about what she was doing to the little creatures. "Yea...that was a shame, but I'm sure if you had thought of another way, you wouldn't have resort to doing that, right? I mean, for some time, I thought that was the only solution to collect the tears too!" Clarisse said looking at Ginger. She put one hand on Ginger's shoulder, "Don't worry." She said simply with an assuring smile.

message 6: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) It was nice talking to Clarisse, we both shared most of the same views about classes and magical creatures. She helped me take care of the seeds I had buried and soon more trafflepugs were born, they were still pretty ugly and smelly but I felt proud of raising them and was a little sad too see them go once they were ready. Once, our herbology teacher saw me and Clarisse taking care of them and she awarded us about 30 house points each! Once she left me and Clarisse high-fived each other and talked excitedly about it.
"So are you going anywhere for Christmas break?" I asked her one day.

message 7: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((I'm assuming in somewhere when they were hanging out, Ginger had already told Clarisse her name.))

"So are you going anywhere for Christmas break?" Ginger had asked her.

Clarisse thought about this, it was so strange. She hadn't put much thought to this, she had forgotten to write to her family about the exact plans for Christmas break. She hesitated not sure how to answer this question, "Ummm....well...I guess I will be staying here, I mean I haven't really put much thought to it. It will be the first time I stayed over, might be fun! How about you?" Clarisse looked at Ginger thoughtfully waiting for an reply.

message 8: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I paused at the question, i would enjoy seeing Dad and Grant again...but Dad would probably be too busy and Grant...he probably wouldn't want to see me...I looked down at my boots glummly. "No...I'll probably stay here. I'll buy some presents for them in Hogsmeade or something." I fiddled with my green hat and waited to see what her answer would be.

message 9: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) ((Sorry I took so long, I didn't see you'd replied." :) ))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sorry I'm late!" Isa yelled, running into the classroom. She had taken her time coming from Charms class and went to the toilet, she had a nice chat with one of the old ghosts as well, she was being very friendly today.

message 11: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) ((Is this going to be the second day?))

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

((I don't know, I'm just carrying on from the charms class))

message 13: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) ((ok, I'll make a teacher for this class and we'll start, you can continue roleplaying for a while, just pretend like the teacher's talking to you or something, make her stay like the one who I used earlier here. I'll be back soon.)) :)

message 14: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as: Briella Doorian
"Ah, you must be Isa, welcome dear, we've just begun our class about the nargles that live in mistletoe! What do you think about the subject?"

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 29, 2012 10:10AM) (new)

"Oh, well, I think it's great, and I can't wait to learn about the properties of bubotuber pus and how to collect it" she said nervously, not wanting to sound like a geek.
"Safely of course" she added, smiling at the professor.

message 16: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as Ginger:
A girl ran in a little out of breathe and after talking to the teacher she sat down next to me. I though about what the teacher had said yesterday. we were really learning about Nargles?? But...I didn't t think they were real... ah well. I turned to the girl who had ran in late, the Mrs. DoBrian said her name was Isa I think. "Hello, I'm Ginger. you're Is a right?" I whispered..

message 17: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) ((Isa sorry, autoccorrect)) :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa turned to the girl, Ginger, and smiled.
"Yes, have you been sorted yet?" Isa asked, beaming at Ginger with happiness.

message 19: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary looked away from the teacher and smiled at Isa and Ginger, "Can you believe we're talking about Nargles? They're not even real. Anyway, what are you guys talking about?"

message 20: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as Ginger:
I know right? We're talking about our sortings. I was sorted into Gryffindor. How about you two?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa beamed.
"I'm in Gryffindor too! Lets be friends!" Se demanded playfully.

message 22: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I laughed. "Sure! I need friends anyways, I don't know if I'll be going back..." I faded out "But never mind, we're going to get in trouble if we don't pay attention. I'd like to talk to you more later alright?"

message 23: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Sounds like a plan, by the way I'm in Ravenclaw." Clary said in a whisper.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa grinned at both of them before turning her attention back to the teacher.
And then she had an idea, ok, more of a thought, maybe more of a demand.
"Clary, you're really smart right?" She asked.

message 25: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "I guess so, why are you asking?" Clary said, unsure where this was going.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Would you mind tutoring me? I'm not that bright as others, but I do want to do well in my OWLS" she stated, lifting her head up proudly at the thought of her passing all her OWLS.

message 27: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Sure, I didn't know you were a fifth year. What subject do you need the most help on?" Clary had never tutored anyone before, but was excited to try. "We could meet in the library sometime."

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh I'm a fourth year, I'm just preparing myself" she stated, feeling proud that she cared this much.
"I met this women down in the town that's used to go to Hogwarts, she told me its best to prepare for your OWLS before you have to start worrying about them" she said, trying to remember everything the women had said.

message 29: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "That's good advice." Clary said, remembering her grandmother giving her the same advice over the summer. "So, when did you want to start?"

message 30: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I listened to their conversation. Half thinking of it and half listening to the teacher. But hearing Isa ask about tutoring jolted my mind back to the conversation. "Can I join? I'm not doing anything later, and that sounds like a good idea!" I whispered loudly.

message 31: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Sure, I guess we''ll meet in the library whenever everyone is free."

message 32: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek wasn't really listening to the lesson, it was about something unimportant like Nargles. Instead he was zoned out thinking about feasting with his friends in the Great Hall tonight.

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments Suzume entered the grenhouse.

message 34: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as Professor Doorian:
"Alright, class dismissed, I want two paragraphs on what you learned about the nargles. Have a nice day!! Ah, Suzume, nice to see you dear, what's on your mind? Better hurry off to your next class!"

((Can you guys actually write two paragraphs and post them in my office? I think that would be really fun/cool))

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments "Eh? I thought this is my next class...." Suzume said, checking her watch. "Oh, sorry professor Doorian, I got my timetable wrong. I have my sorting now! Wish me luck Professor!" Suzume said, smiling and running.

message 36: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Good luck my dear!" I started humming a song as I packed up my class room things.

message 37: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as Professor Doorian:

I walked into my classroom and faced the room of children. "Settle down!" I cried and smiled "Now who wants to guess what we're going to learn today?"

message 38: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek raised his hand. And spoke without being called upon.
"Something do with magical plants?"

message 39: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Haha, very good guess and you are correct! Now does anybody know what a Blibbering Harhoul is?"

message 40: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary raised her hand tentatively.
"Is it the venomous plant shaped like a turnip that grows on trees? Isn't it purple?"

message 41: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Correct Clary! Except for one thing. It's more of a dark blue color. and what does it feast on?"

message 42: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Spiders, and beetles mostly. But sometimes grasshoppers?"

message 43: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Seems like you've got the Blibbering Harhoul confused with it's cousin the Blubbering Foulhoul. The Blibbering Harhoul eats mostly small mice and rabbits but when it gets it's chance it loves to eat small children." I smiled at her to let her know that she was doing well.

message 44: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Small children? That's one violent plant Derek whispered to the student standing next to him.

message 45: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as Ginger "Yes, but obviously we're quite safe here seeing as the book said small children meaning only a few years old, that's why they're allowed at Hogwarts stupid." I winked at him to let him know I was joking.

message 46: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "I don't know, you are kind of short." Derek said, standing on his tiptoes to gain a few more inches on her.

message 47: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I laughed and shoved him which made him unbalanced.

message 48: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek toppled into Clary who, having very good balance, shoved him back at Ginger.

message 49: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I was so busy laughing at him I didn't notice Clary shove him back over at me and we both toppled over, I landed on my face.

message 50: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Oh my gosh! Are you guys okay?" Clary rushed over and helped Ginger up.

« previous 1