The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Classrooms > Potions

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod

message 2: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 29, 2012 10:39PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) This was by far Clarisse's worst subject, and it wasn't because she really was clueless about following the directions on the book too. She was bad at brewing potions because she always could resist the temptation of putting the directions aside and started adding whatever catches her fancy at the time. Sometimes, she added stuff that was obviously not on the list of ingredients because the color looked pretty, or it smelled interesting.

She was sure that the professor would have a headache knowing that Clarisse was among the students she/he had to teach.

Clarisse tried to behave, but often found it too boring to follow the directions word by word. She looked forward to this class only because she liked to mess around and see what happens after her "potion" was done brewing. In her second year, she had manage to brew a pink potion that sent of clouds of pink smoke. She was directly in front of her pink potion, so the pink smoke engulfed her whole head and left her whole face pink including her hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and ears. The pink finally went away after about two weeks. Those around her either tried to escape, some met the same consequence.

She had been chastised for this, and received detention helping with cleaning up the mess in the classroom.

She waited for the class to begin, she would try to behave again until she find it too difficult.

message 3: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as Ginger:
Ugh, potion. I hate potions. It makes my hair frizz up like crazy and it always smells awful, as if they dumped a gallon of trafflepug tears in here.
"Professor, what's the next ingredient on the board? I can't...er...see it, because of the smoke in here." I lied. I didn't want anyone too know I was dyslexic. It made it already hard without the teasing.
"Four cups slug slime, Oakwood." He answered, scowling at my "redundency" I felt my face and ears turn red as I added the ingredient. I could never get these right because no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the ingredients right! I was a fail at potions. It also didn't help that our professor was a rotten flobberworm!! I turned to Clarisse, who was sitting on the bench across from me and whispered
"Hey, what's the next ingredients after the slug slime?" I hoped she wouldn't get distracted and told me something else, I know she gets distracted a lot in potions, a lot of people do. One time, in my first year, she sent up clouds or pink poof and it made her whole face pink for two weeks! Luckly, I was sitting far enough away from her so I didn't get pink but a few others did...it was pretty funny.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary heard Ginger asking Clarisse what the next ingredient was, but it was clear that she either hadn't heard or was zoning off.
"It's two cups porcupine quills, crushed into a powder. If you need any more of them read, you can ask me. That teacher's rather nasty."

message 5: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "Hey, what's the next ingredients after the slug slime?"

Ginger had asked, Clarisse smiled at her and said "No idea!" with a pleased smile as if this was something to be happy about.

"Porcupine quills?" Clarisse asked and grabbed at something that looked interesting, but it looked nothing like quils. Follow the directions! You don't want to get in trouble again! Clarisse looked at the ingredients in her hand curiously.

"I never seen this before, I wonder what would happen if..." Clarisse said with a mischievous smile. She took a pinch of the black powdery stuff, and dropped it into her brewing potion. The next thing she knew, the potion was bubbling and making loud popping sounds. "Oops...but wow! Neat, isn't it?" Clarisse said to both Clary and Ginger.

She looked toward the professor, surely the professor had heard it. "What did I just add in my potion?" Clarisse asked full of interest now.

message 6: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "From the brief glimpse I got of it, I think you just added Peruvian Darkness Powder." Clary said when Larissa asked what she had added to her now hissing and bubbling potion. "What else did you put in there?" She said, remembering the pink potion incident. She had been one of the victims and ever since pink had been her least favorite color.

message 7: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "What else did you put in there?"

Clarisse smiled sheepishly, "I can't really remember, but look! The potion looks more interesting than the one we're ask to make, isn't it?" Clarisse said grinning.

Clarisse picked up another interesting looking bottle, "I wonder what this does?" Clarisse said curiously.

message 8: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "True, it does." Clary conceded. "Wait, wait, no! Don't do it Clarisse!"

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Rae watched, frowning, at the other group as she brewed her potion independently. A black-purple colored potion fizzed with colorful smoke.

message 10: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "Wait, wait, no! Don't do it Clarisse!"

Clarisse tipped the bottle of substance into her brewing potion, "I'm sorry, what was that? I don't think I quite caught that?" she teased, she stirred her potion.

The potion became a dull brown and really sticky. Clarisse attempted to take out the stirring utensil she was using, but the potion was stuck to the utensil like gum. Clarisse pulled on it hard, and it finally unstick itself and flew out of her hand.

"Ooops..." Clarisse said with a slightly stun look, I think I'm in trouble... Clarisse thought looking at the professor's expression.

message 11: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Ugh, Clarisse, come on. Why did you do that? Remember the pink potion?" Clary said as the teacher advanced on Clarisse's potion.

message 12: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I laughed at what Clarisse had done, it did look more fun then what we were doing here, I smiled mischievously at Clary who was biting her fingernails warning Clarisse to stop. "Look at this one!" I smiled and dumped a whole bottle of blue sparkly stuff into my potion." I looked at what the bottle's label said and laughed "blue pixie glitter." It read. "What's that for?" I asked Clary, who seemed to know a lot on the subject. I put my spoon carefully in the pot but spilled some on my arm. I started giggling. Then laughing very loudly, then guffawing!!! I couldn't stop! I fell out of my seat and rolled on the floor. "HAHAHA!!DERHARHEERHAHAHERHWRHAAHAAHEEHEEEEE!!!!!" A girl from Slytherin glared at us but I just laughed at her. Our teacher came over and yelled at us but I just laughed at him, rolling into him and knocking him over.

message 13: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 31, 2012 06:00PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "Ginger! I think you made a laughing potion!" Clarisse said through laughter. She looked at the expression on the professor's face, "Are we getting detentions for this?" she asked the professor. Just then, the bell rang. "Ah! We have to go to our other class professor! Great potions class, I've learned a lot!" Clarisse said, and gave Ginger a meaningful look that suggest that she should go too. Clarisse bolted out like she was trying to escape the police, after a few hallways and stair cases away. She slowed down toward her next class.

message 14: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I saw the look on Clarisse's face and coughed out a blue glob of sparkly goop. My google slowed down and I smiled feebly at the professor. "Have a nice day, sir!" I shook his hand, forgetting about the blue glob and gulped, "heehee..." With that I ran after Clarisse.

message 15: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) ((Sure, what's the next class?))

message 16: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) ((Ok, posted in Ancient Runes))

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Rae sighed and headed for Arithmancy.

message 18: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Today had been an interesting Potions lesson Derek thought, two people had potions explode in their faces, another one accidentally brewed a Laughing potion. Hysterical. This had been even better than the class when Clarisse had turned half the class bright pink!