The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Classrooms > Transfiguration

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Today we will be transfiguring mice into flower pots. These will then be taken to the greenhouses, so try to do well."
Clary was so excited, Transfiguration was her favorite subject.
"The wand movement is very similar to the Levitation Charm, swish and flick. Now, who knows the incantation necessary for this?"
Several students raised their hands.

message 3: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse felt a burst of relief, she had just learned the levitation spell, and practiced the wand movements. She was sure that she could perform the spell well, Transfigurations was not her favorite class by far, but she fairly okay in the subject.

"Now, who knows the incantation necessary for this?"

Clarisse turned her head to face the professor. I think I actually know the spell... She thought uncertainly and raised her hand.

She seldom raised her hand at all in class, she was sure the professor would be surprised to see that she raised her hand.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) The professor picked Clarisse out of the crowd.
"Well, Miss Keenan, what is the answer?"
I opened my notebook to write down the answer, after all, I didn't know it.

message 5: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse's throat went dry as she hadn't expected the professor to really call on her, "Um...isn't it...Vera Verto?" Clarisse asked trying to steady her voice.

She looked around to see if her classmate would give her any hints of rather she had the correct answer or not.

message 6: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse's throat went dry as she hadn't expected the professor to really call on her, "Um...isn't it...Vera Verto?" Clarisse asked trying to steady her voice.

She looked around to see if her classmate would give her any hints of rather she had the correct answer or not.

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Very good," the professor praised Clarisse on eraser answer and I wrote it down. " The charm is similar to the one that transpires an animal into a goblet. Clary and Clarisse, will you pass out these mice to everyone and then we may begin casting." I stood up and took a box from the teacher.

message 8: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 02, 2013 03:33PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse was pleased that the professor was happy with her answer, and wrote down the spell as well.

Clarisse stood and went to pass out the mouse like the professor asked, "Close call..." Clarisse whispered to Clary.

"Ouch!" Clarisse yelped when a mouse bit her hand, Clarisse grabbed the mouse from the floor before it get away. It was probably scared...

She placed the mouse in front of a student that didn't have a mouse yet, and proceeded to passing out more mouse.

message 9: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Good for you Clarisse, I didn't know that one." Clary said as she passed out more mice. Clarisse squeaked as a mouse bit her and Clary giggled behind her hand.

message 10: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek laughed as Clarisse was bitten by a mouse, last time someone was bitten in this class it was him, by a snake. Admittedly it wasn't poisonous, but wouldn't it be cool if it was?!

message 11: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 02, 2013 03:44PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse ignored the laughter, and continues passing the mouse out. It's seriously not that funny though... She thought embarrassment threatening to creep up her face, after she was done passing the mouse out she went back to her seat.

message 12: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "I'm sorry Clarisse, I shouldn't have laughed. Will you forgive me anytime soon? I really hate being on your bad side."

message 13: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 02, 2013 03:56PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse sighed and shook her head, "It's alright! Really!" Clarisse offered a smile. She didn't know what she would have done if Clary was the one bitten, so she let it go.

"It's forgotten!" Clarisse said, "I was lucky I wasn't bitten by a snake, it would probably be worse if I was!" Clarisse said jokingly glancing at Derek.

message 14: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek looked up, hearing his name said in conversation.
"Ah, I see you remember my snake incident well. I do. As if it were yesterday..."

message 15: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 02, 2013 04:01PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((hearing his name said in conversation?))

Clarisse smiled, "Sure I remember, it created quite a stir in class!" Clarisse said quietly to Derek, so that she wasn't disrupting the class.

She didn't really want to go into a deep discussion about this, because she had hope to actually be attentive in class. She turned her attention toward the professor, and left the discussion hanging.

message 16: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek sensed that the conversation was over and turned his attention to the professor. She was demonstrating the wand movement in case anyone had forgotten. Then the class was given an opportunity to turn their own mice into pots. Derek turned to his desk only to find that his mouse was escaping!
"Accio Mouse." He whispered and it came zooming back to him.

message 17: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Clarisse handed my a mouse and wished me luck. I smiled and nodded. I repeated the spell over and over in my head. Finally I said it aloud with the wand movements. I blushed as my mouse turned into a neon orange...uh...goblet? It wasn't exactly. It was a bit wider than a goblet but at least I got it into a holder of sorts...oh...it had ears...

message 18: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek said the spell and watched as his mouse transfigured. It was rather cool to watch and he imagined that this is what it would be like to watch himself turn into a wolf.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Professor Nyx's sharp eyes immediately noticed Alexandria, but he durn comment.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Nyx watched as his class left the room.

message 21: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse left for her next class having been in a half asleep daze after trying to focus and take notes, he hand was still writing down what the professor was saying, but her mind was beginning to wander. When the bell rang, she bolted out of class like her life depended on it.

message 22: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I sighed as the bell rang. I had finally managed to get rid of the ears but besides that it was still the same. I jotted down one more note and left quickly.

message 23: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary walked into the Transfiguration classroom. She sat down at an empty desk in a mostly empty classroom and pulled her wand out of her messy bun where it had been functioning as a chopstick. She pulled out a notebook and a pot of ink.

message 24: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Ash ran into class. Transfiguration was his favorite class. He sat down and pulled out all of his stuff. He smiled at what they were doing that day. It was so exciting!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Professor Gavan Nyx walked into the classroom. The chattering died down instantly. "Settle down," he said idly, going to his desk.

message 26: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary straightened in her seat as Professor Nyx came in. She dipped her quill into the ink well and wrote the date at the top of her notebook.

message 27: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Fiona recollected her conversation with her sister, and silently sighed. Why did Rosaline have to be so - so... Rosaline-ish. Several times, Fiona was convinced she was someone else's twin sister - not Rosaline's. But no - she decided - this wouldn't drag her down. Like Rosaline, Fiona was going to make some friends today.

"Hello," She said to the girl sitting next to her. "I'm Fiona = Fiona Quinn."

message 28: by Alexandra (last edited Feb 16, 2013 07:43AM) (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Hi, I'm Muse, Clary Muse." Clary extended a hand to Fiona. "Sorry, I just couldn't let an opportunity like that pass by. James Bond is too awesome. Anyway, hi! I like your name, Fiona. It just sounds so cool and exotic if you say it weird, Fee Own Uh. Sory, I ramble to much. How's life?"

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Nyx gave Clary and Fiona a look, but didn't comment. "Today we will work on something a little more advanced. Miss Muse, take this box of mice and pass them out."

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Just then Hayden hurried into the room. "Sorry I'm late, sir, I-" Nyx cut him off. "Lateness is inexcusable. This is the third time. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor. Sit." Hayden scowled, but sat down next to Clary.

message 31: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Ash listened to Clary's and Fiona's talk and Hayden come in late. He took a mouse from Clary's when it came around, he'd already managed to transfigure it before.

message 32: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Feb 16, 2013 09:18AM) (new)

Alexandra wrote: ""Hi, I'm Muse, Clary Muse." Clary extended a hand to Fiona. "Sorry, I just couldn't let an opportunity like that pass by. James Bond is too awesome. Anyway, hi! I like your name, Fiona. It just sou..."

Fiona smiled. "Thanks. Good, I suppose. I like your name better - is it short for something? Oh, and I think we should whisper. Nyx just gave us the stink-eye."

message 33: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "No, it's not short for anything." Clary whispered as she got up. She walked to Professor Nyx and took the box of mice. She passed them out to everyone. When Clary returned to her seat, she found Hayden sitting next to her empty chair.

message 34: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Just Clary, then? I like that." She turned to Professor Nyx, and raised her hand.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Nyx raised one eyebrow. "Yes, Miss Quinn?"

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Hayden took the mouse Clary gave him and held it up. He liked animals of all kinds.

message 37: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

- -¤--^] å§måå [^--¤- - wrote: "Nyx raised one eyebrow. "Yes, Miss Quinn?""

"What exactly are we doing today?" Fiona asked eagerly.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"We will be using a silent spell to turn these mice into teapots. Now, no whispering. You have to think the spell, not say it. Now, who remembers the spell?"

message 39: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Ash raised his hand quickly.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Nyx nodded at Ash. "Yes?"

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Hayden set his mouse down and began to doodle on the edge of his parchment. He was a great artist, and soon he had drawn a mouse, a Snitch, and a Beater's bat.

message 42: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary watched as Hayden drew various things on his paper. ''Wow,'' she whispered, ''You're really good.'' Out of the corner of her eye she saw Hayden's mouse escaping. Clary caught it and returned it to Hayden's desk.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hayden glance up at her and flashed a quick smile, feeling suddenly self-conscious. Being nearly the youngest in a huge family, Hayden never got a lot of attention. Not that he minded. His family was amazing. But getting a genuine compliment was rare.

message 44: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) ''I could never draw something like that,'' Clary continued whispering. ''You must have a true gift for it.''

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"Thanks," Hayden whispered back, smiling. He wasn't usually shy, but like most artists, he was too critical of his own work. "Do you draw?"

message 46: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) ''Only stick figures, and not very good ones at that.'' Clary said. She thought of a particularly pitiful stick figure she had drawn for her grandmother. Sure, it had all the arms, legs, and the head, just no torso, or feet.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"That's how I started out," Hayden told her. "You just have to practice."
Nyx said in his cold voice, "Mr. Zeller. Miss Muse. My class is not a free period for you to chat."

message 48: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) ''Of course it isn't. Very sorry Professor Nyx, but as I already know how to successfully cast this spell silently, I presumed that it would be fine to engage in an extremely scholarly discussion about Hayden's artwork, especially as I am very good at multi-tasking and was listening to both you and Hayden. So, even though we were discussing, we were still thinking on an intellectual level. It won't happen again.'' Clary said.

message 49: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Ash told her the spell and then deliberated in his, correctly turning it into a teapot.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Nyx turned away from Clary. Trust a Ravenclaw to give an answer like that, he thought, amused. He nodded approvingly to Ash. "Well done."

« previous 1