The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Classrooms > Charms

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod

message 2: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Professor Darius Leech picked up one of the extra-large erasers they were going to levitate for that class and examined it carefully. Professor Leech was the kind of man who did such things regularly - things like examining erasers. He was a nervous, always doing something with his hands, something small. He looked up as the first students headed into the classroom, and hastily dropped the eraser.
"Welcome," He said to everyone. "Today we will be reviewing the Levitating charm."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hello professor!" Isa cheered, running into the classroom with a big grin on her face.
She took her seat near the front of the class and eagerly placed her hands on her desk, ready to learn.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Everyone in the room turned to look at Isa for disturbing the peace. Everyone loved Professor Leech's class, myself included, but I just turned to look at Isa who was sitting next to me and smiled at my friend.
"Late again? We should get you a watch."
She just smiled and turned towards the lesson. Professor Leech's eraser was levitating now pandas it sunkback towards his desk he explained the wand movement and incantation to use. This was an easy class for me and Isa sowed while levitating the erasers, we talked some more.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa smiled at Clary.
"I didn't realise I was that late, and I didn't miss much anyway" she stated before turning her attention back on the professor.
Charms class was Isa's favourite class ever, she loved to learn new things in this class, and the professor wasn't bad either.

message 6: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Hello professor!" A girl Darius didn't recognize said to him. Darius squinted at her through his eyeglasses. "Hello...Um," He turned back to the class.
"As I was saying," He began. "Once again, we will be doing the Levitating charm. The incantation is as follows:" He raised his wand at the eraser. "Wingardium Leviosa!"
He looked at the girl who had greeted him during the beginning of class. "You there -" Darius glanced down at the class roster. "Miss Baldwin - will you pass out the erasers, one to a student?"

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ok professor!" Isa said eagerly. She was about to get up and get the erasers when she had an idea, a lightbulb type of an idea.
"Wingardium Leviosa!" she chanted, her wand pointing at the stack of erasers.
"Is this ok professor?" she asked, the stack of erasers now floating in the air.

message 8: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Miss Baldwin!" He sputtered. "You would think that you would not be as lazy as to use magic for passing out erasers! And besides, as nice as your Levitating charm may be, I hardly think you know how to summon them and pass them out. I' m sorry, but I'll have to take three points away from your House for pure laziness and ignorance." ((Don' t worry, we haven't started the Point system yet, and besides, you Don' t have a House yet
.))

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa frowned.
"But professor, I'm not being lazy, I'm just showing you what I learnt from your lesson" she replied, setting down the erasers back on the desk.
"And I believe the spell for summoning objects is Accio" she stated, remembering it from a book she was reading during Christmas break.

message 10: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Well then," Darius said, looking at her sternly. "I congratulate you for studying, but you must pass out the erasers - no magic involved. Do you understand me, Miss Baldwin?" He looked her up and down, ignoring the stares he was getting from the other students. He called up a Slytherin boy to help her.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa huffed, standing from her seat and went to the front desk with the Slytherin boy. She took half of the erasers and began to pass them to each student on one side of the room.
"No magic! Is this not a school for wizards!" she thought to herself, bewildered.

message 12: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Darius shook his head at Isa, muttering about how children were getting more stubborn by the day.
"Once you have your eraser, please pick a partner and practice the Levitating Charm with them. You have thirty minutes!" He then started to pace around the classroom, observing the student's (both successful an and unsuccessful) attempts to make their erasers levitate.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa paired up with the Slytherin boy that helped her hand out the erasers. They did a marvellous job, well, she likes to think she did, she doesn't know about the Slytherin boy.
"Professor! Can we use the charm to summon the erasers now?" Isa asked after she ha finished using the charm.

message 14: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 28, 2012 05:51PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse was sitting near the middle of the classroom, a few seats back. She did not like sitting in the very front, but she did not like sitting in the last row of seats either. She favored the seat that is right at the center, too close and too far from the professor. A student was having somewhat of an argument with the professor, she watched amusingly. She covered her hands, so she wouldn't laugh out loud. She knows it's not right to laugh in someone else's expense, but she almost couldn't help herself.

"Wingardium Leviosa! Wingardium Leviosa! Wingardium Leviosa..." she muttered the incantation to herself a few times, practicing without her wand. She had learned that proper annunciation was quite important, through many years of screw ups.

She looked around at her peers, she did not know who to partnered up with. She figured she'd ask the students sitting around her if they would like to pair up with her. "Would you like to pair up with me?" Clarisse asked both students sitting on either side of her. The boy sitting her left had already paired up with another person, but the second student she asked agreed.

Clarisse tried her luck at making the eraser fly. Clarisse picked her wand and said the incantation the way she had been practicing while pointing the wand at the eraser, but it didn't move at all no matter how she tried. "What am I doing wrong? Isn't it Wingardium Leviosa?" She asked her partner.

Her partner just shrugged, "that's how I've been saying it! Mine didn't move either! This is so hard." her partner complained.

"We will figure this out, I hope. We must be doing something wrong! Hold on, I will ask for some help!" Clarisse turned to the professor.

"Professor Leech? My eraser is not moving at all? Am I saying the incantation right? I tried loads of times, but it won't budge!" Clarisse said, hoping her professor wouldn't be annoyed.

message 15: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Professor! Can we use the charm to summon the erasers now?" The stubborn girl, Isa, asked Darius. He just sighed and turned away. He caught sight of another female student, who was trying to levitate her erasers uncorrectly. He smiled. This, he told himself. Is what I have experience with.
"Professor Leech? My eraser is not moving at all? Am I saying the incantation right? I tried loads of times, but it won't budge!" She said.
"Yes, of course, Miss Keenan." He watched her say the spell again. "One problem is your wand movement. You swish and flick." He demonstrated with his own wand.
Darius glanced at the clock. Only ten more minutes remained.

message 16: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 28, 2012 08:29PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse watched carefully as the professor demonstrated, "Swish and flick!" She repeated and nodded. She picked up her wand again, and swished and flicked exactly like she'd seen the professor do it and said the incantation.

The eraser floated slowly into the air, Clarisse smiled. "It worked, it worked!" Clarisse yelled happily slightly too loud.

Her partner looked at her longingly, "Oh, right! Here, just do what the professor just did!" Clarisse moved the eraser to her partner. Finally, both her and her partner had done the spell successfully.

She was pretty pleased with herself, she'd got it by the 20th time to her count. She practiced one last time before their time to practice was about up. "We did pretty well, I'd say! We didn't make anything explode after all!" Clarisse said and smiled at her partner. (I liked Seamus Finnigan because he does make things blow up though! lol)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa huffed as the professor ignored her and went to help a student who didn't know how to do the charm.
"Your really impatient, do you know that" the Slytherin boy said, laughing at the expression on Isa's face.
Isa pouted.
"I'm not impatient" she disagreed, sitting down in her seat before she carried on speaking.
"Charms is my favourite class and I want as much as I can get out of it".

message 18: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Wingardium Leviusa, Liveosa, lovisa, agh!! I can't get this!!" I threw my wand on the table and crossed my arms. My red hair fell in front of my face and I blew it back with a huff. My partner stared at me funnily and I said "Shut up!"
"I didn't say anything!" He replied.
"Sorry, I just can't get this to work!"
"Try repeating after me."
I sighed but obliged.
"Wingardium."
"Wingardium."
"Leviosa."
"Leviosa."
"Now say it together and swish and flick."
I did what he said and to my delight my marker flew into the air. "Yes!! Thank you!" He smiled and made his fly into the air too. Our teacher smiled and nodded at us. I started levitating a bunch of other stuff into the air, a book, a chair, a plant, our teacher...oops...I giggled and let him down, this was so cool! But I was in trouble now...

message 19: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Darius was watching some of the other students carefully, advising them on how it's best to draw the "o" in Leviosa extra long when he found himself slowly ascending into the air. The source turned out to be Ginger Oakwood, one of the students that was previously struggling with the charm. Darius, wand still in his robes, performed the simple spell to get him down. For a few seconds he just looked at Ginger, then managed a small smile.
"That was a very successful attempt, Miss Oakwood. But please stick to the erasers from now on."

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa gasped.
"So she uses the charm to make you float in the air and all she gets is a 'stick to erasers', but when I actually do stick to erasers but move then with magic I get '5 points' taken away!" Isa exclaimed.

message 21: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Darius shook his head at Isa. "You're witty. And headstrong. Traits of Gryffindor, you see." Darius looked at Is a with me interest. By the clock caught his attention.
"Class!" Darius called. "It is almost time to leave. Please put your erasers in this bin-" He pointed to a large container by his desk. "-and for homework, please practice the charm, and write a nine paragraph essay on how pronunciation and wand movement is vital to perform spells."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa huffed, secretly she was quite glad he had the traits of a Gryffindor, but she wasn't going to show it.
She took the erasers and put them in the bin by his desk.
"Goodbye professor" she said, giving him a small nod before leaving the class room.

message 23: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Have a good day, Miss Baldwin. I am curious to see what kind of witch you will be."
Once she had left, Darius turned back to the erasers. In a few minutes, he would have his first break. So he sighed and made his way to the Staff room.

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments Suzume walked into the classroom past the leaving students.

message 25: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Darius was almost out the door when he saw another student enter the classroom. He looked at her curiously. "Yes, is there something you need?" He asked politely.

message 26: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I breathed a sigh of relief, no trouble! How lucky was I! But it was time to leave, so I did one more spell and put my eraser into the bin on the desk and ran out, catching up with my partner from earlier and started talking to him, as we walked out another girl passed us and I tried telling her class was over, but I don't think she heard me because she kept on walking. But I just shrugged and kept walking.

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments "Er, I need some help on the subject, can you please refer me any books that could help me?" Suzume said to Darius.

message 28: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Yes, well, I assume you already have The Standard Book of Spells, don't you? That is a wonderful reference."

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments "Well, yes, I do have the book, but are there any references only specific to charms?"

message 30: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Yes, the majority of those spells are charms."

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments "Oh, I see. Thank you professor." Suzume said, slightly bowing, and leaving.

message 32: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 01, 2013 06:24PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse packed up her things, and said a goodbye to her partner before heading toward the exit, she then hesitated. She turned back to the professor, "Thank you for helping us with the spell professor! It all became a lot easier once you explained what to do." She said politely to the professor.

She was always thankful when her professors are patient with her because she wasn't stupid after all. She hated when her teachers thought this just because she was always asking questions or asking for assistance. She did not think that asking a lot of questions means that a student or child is not bright.

After thanking the professor, Clarisse hurried out the door to her next class down in the greenhouse.

message 33: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Spectacular, Mr. Piper!" Professor Leech said as they watched Link raise two erasers into the air. "Superb!"

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» "Show-off," Aeris muttered, as she carefully floated her eraser. She hadn't picked it up immediately, during the first year, but with as much as she had practiced, this was a spell she could do in her sleep. She cast Link a slightly condescending glance, but remained silent.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Benjamen Martin sat quietly in a corner with a Ravenclaw girl a year younger than him. They both had understood the spell for a number of year, but it was a nice review. He looked wistfully out the window, and saw a number of first-years learning to fly on brooms for the first time. The memory still made him queasy. As his concentration lapsed, his eraser thwacked his desk with a sharp sound. He flushed and lifted the eraser again off his desk.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Aeris rolled her eyes. "Oh please. After six years of practice I would think you an idiot if you couldn't–" Her neighbors erasers started to float with a few quick words from her, and proceeded to go speeding around the room. "–make a little eraser do a few tricks." The erasers returned to their respective places and she shot Link a dark look as she brushed eraser crumbs from the back of her hair.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Benjamen put his hands, lifting his face only to give his partner a dismal look. "I don't know these people."

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» "Perhaps not," Aeris said, clearly irritated by Link's animagus ability. "But I wouldn't be so quick to claim supremacy, were I you." She gave him another glare, and proceeded to ignore him.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Aeris laughed. "Of course, sweetheart. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Aeris put her stuff in her small shoulder bag and moved over towards Link. "One day you should teach me how to do that," she muttered, giving him a rare smile. "Though I must say I could not see myself as a fox."

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Switching to corridors.))

message 42: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Professor Leech opened the door for the students stumbling in, for today's lesson. "Class," He announced, smiling at the incoming students.

message 43: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary sat down near the back and pulled out her notebook, quill and inkwell. Feeling as though she had forgotten something important, Clary did a mental check; books-check, quill-check, ink-check, notebook-check, poetry book-check, wand-no check. Clary looked through her book bag, pockets, she even checked the floor. Then her wand fell out from behind her ear. Ahhh, there it is. She replaced it to where it had been.

message 44: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Today," Professor Leech said, pacing. "We will learn about the Fidelius Charm. Do any of you have any idea of what exactly that is?"

message 45: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary watched as several students thought about it and tentatively raised their hands. She knew the answer and had raised her hand as well.

message 46: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Professor Leech looked around the room expectantly. He caught sight of a Ravenclaw girl raising her hand... was her name Clary? He nodded at her. "Yes, Ms...?"

message 47: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) ''Muse, anyway, the Fidelius Charm is a charm cast by a ''secret keeper''. The charms prevents anyone who is not in on the secret from knowing or seeing where a certain place is.'' Clary responded when Professor Leech called on her.

message 48: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

"Very good. Class, the Fidelius Charm is one of the most complex and powerful spells you may ever encounter. It impants secret information into one's being, or soul. It's purpose is to ultimately to conceal a location, therefore making it invisible, intangible, unplottable, and sound-proof. There is only one way an outsider can learn the secret - can anyone tell me what that way is?"

message 49: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Mathias raised his hand. "The secret can only be revealed if the secret-keeper gives away the secret. All others included, are bound by the secret, and can not do the same." He said, smugly.

message 50: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Julie slipped into the back of the class. She hoped this was the right one. She had gone to Defense Against the Dark Arts only to get confused and remember that she really should have been in Charms. She hoped the teacher wouldn't notice.

« previous 1