The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao discussion

Amazing

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jayden This book sounds so good I want to read it ALREADY!!!

Raquel Deneige I finished it 3 weeks ago with the same feeling. I can't wait to read his new one. "This is How You Lose Her" that looks even better.

message 3: by JO (new) - rated it 1 star

JO I just did not love this book and have been perplexed by all the hoopla over it. I can recognize it was well written but it just did not draw me in and make me feel anything but sorry for Oscar. It was along time ago, and maybe I should give the new book a try tastes and interests change. Perhaps is was just the wrong book for the time frame for me.

Bonnie I actually thought that Oscar was much better than his new one

Kathleen Joni wrote: "I just did not love this book and have been perplexed by all the hoopla over it. I can recognize it was well written but it just did not draw me in and make me feel anything but sorry for Oscar. ..."

I totally agree. I was excited to read this but was really disappointed and I am not sure why. I just had to know how he dies so I read it in just two days. I liked the relationship between the characters and the family history was really interesting but something just left me unfullfilled when I was finished - not sure what or why...

Dane Who else had a Brief Wondrous Life? A modern twist on a classic tale?

D.A. Serra Oscar was such an interesting anti-hero protagonist. I loved the Trujillo education coupled with Oscar's journey. I'm a fan.