Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What are your favorite non-traditional holiday movies?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) My ex-in laws always watched the Sound of Music. They bought it was weird I didn't...

message 2: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4319 comments We have watched "Scrooged" recently and Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas." A favourite pre Christmas movie is Steve Martin in "Mixed Nuts"

On Christmas eve my daughter and I watched "The Shop Around The Corner" with Jimmy Stewart.

message 3: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments "Gremlins". Nothing puts me in the mood for Christmas like these little guys singing Christmas carols:

message 4: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Thanks Misha. How about movies for New Year's Eve? I can only think of When Harry met Sally. Looks like I may be spending New Year's at home, so any tips on suitable movies are welcome.

message 5: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Ooh, I remember Strange Days! I think I liked it. I prefer a clean-cut Fiennes (The English Patient), but hey, I'll take him with a bit of grease. Bridget Jones would work too. After all, Colin Firth is in it. Thanks!

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Colin Firth...

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I will take a greasy Fiennes. Then, again, I never have minded a dirty guy.

message 8: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Creech | 100 comments This may be more Thanksgiving, but regardless, I love watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles around the holidays. I laugh out loud and cry and think about my family. Then I cry some more and wish that Steve Martin was my dad or that John Candy was still alive.

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11704 comments Charlotte wrote: "This may be more Thanksgiving, but regardless, I love watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles around the holidays."

Although I'm sure that movie was hilarious for the right audience, apparently I wasn't the right audience. In my mind, it remains second only to "The Goonies" in unwatchable inanity.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Well, then.

message 11: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I was never a big Goonies fan, and John Candy was a hard watch for me. But, I get why folks love it.

Steve Martin is gold though, pure GOLD! Except for Mixed Nuts...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.