The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3) The Rise of Nine discussion

N° Five?! Spoiler?!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jerome Lim I've just finished The Rise of Nine, and while I have the feeling that the book ended too quickly and seemed rushed, it left me with another strange feeling too, is Five Setràkus Ra?! And go......!

message 2: by Jerome (last edited Jan 21, 2013 03:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jerome Lim It was Six's comments about the scars on his legs that got me thinking! And Four and Nine talk about Who ever was in South America must be on a plane because they were moving so fast!

Jerome Lim Well we know that they are the same species to start off with so.....It'd be kinda cool I think a nice twist to the Garde reunion.

Jerome Lim That's what I was thinking too, but the images in the cave showed Eight dying too, and he got saved in the end! The next book needs to be written fast! :)

Jerome Lim That's the problem with the images on the cave wall, they only gave an "moment" in the Gardes lives, but the image was so realistic that Eight broke of the face so as not to be reminded all the time.

Halle Setrakus Ra can't be Number Five because he was alive before the Garde were born/established.

Jerome Lim Something called Setrakus Ra existed before the Garde formed but I still find it odd that he can changed form (mimic other people like Eight!) And that he has three scars on his leg like the other Garde!

Needmorebooks ohmygod! i never thought of that! it would be really cool if that happened though. honestly, i dont think it will, just because that goes against everything weve come to know about the Garde... still a really cool idea... i never thought of it

Laura No.

Halle You're my favorite so far ^.

Needmorebooks Sage wrote: "Needmorebooks wrote: "ohmygod! i never thought of that! it would be really cool if that happened though. honestly, i dont think it will, just because that goes against everything weve come to know ..."
tell me about it... most of them just go on and on about which character sounds the hottest -_-

Jerome Lim Think about it, when Nine and Four were watching the other Garde on the tablet there saw one of the Garde moving real fast like they were on a plane and then later we have the arrival of Setrakus Ra but not an introduction to Five, now this is my Out there idea, what if Five was found and raised by the Mogs?

Jerome Lim It'd be a great twist, growing up hating the Garde, and I've just realised, it may be just a coincidence, but the garde all seem to have been attacked or found soon after their chests have been found/opened that too could point to Five being with the Mogs!

message 14: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Taylor Or, since Setrakus Ra can morph into the form of other people, what if back on Lorien he killed or got rid of Five before Five ever made it to the ship, and actually came to Earth with the others as Five. Who knows?

Jerome Lim Lisa wrote: "Or, since Setrakus Ra can morph into the form of other people, what if back on Lorien he killed or got rid of Five before Five ever made it to the ship, and actually came to Earth with the others a..."

That is genius!

Needmorebooks Jerome wrote: "Think about it, when Nine and Four were watching the other Garde on the tablet there saw one of the Garde moving real fast like they were on a plane and then later we have the arrival of Setrakus R..."

oh my god! that is such a great idea... i was thinking sorta the same thing when i read I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Fallen Legacies...cause its from the point of view of a mogadorian. and that got me thinking how they probably think they are doing the right thing in their own mind... so yea, i think your idea's actually pretty cool :)

message 17: by Jerome (last edited Jan 21, 2013 05:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jerome Lim When they are in the cave reading the panels, they see that Five is up a tree throwing something down to the Mogs I think it would be safe to say that a lone remember of the Garde, caught up a tree by Mogs, would be toast! So maybe this is when the caught him!

Sarah I don't think that number five of the gaurde will be Serakus Ru because if you have read: I am Number Four, The lost files, The Fallen Legacies, you can just tell that Serakus Ru is not number five because it talks about him coming from Lorien after the invasion back to Earth. Also, modgorians are NOT the same species as Lorien like someone said. Modgoriens are from a different planet entirely. And, they don't have legacies. I don't remember the book saying that Serakus Ru has scars on his leg, but I guess he could. I think that he just just like made them himself so he could always have a reminder of what his purpose was and what he was trying to accomplish was.

Sarah This is a good theory, but so far there are too many loose ends. I do have another theory of my own, though. This is for people who have read; I am Number Four, The lost files, The fallen Legacies. If you haven't read that, you wouldn't understand. I think that Number ten's cepan died, and that the son of Serakus Ru found number ten, and while she was too young to remember any of this, told her that he was her Cepan. In other words, I think the son of Serakus Ru was Crayton... Comment on this theory too. I wan't to know If I was he only one thinking this

Sarah  ღ Sarah wrote: "This is a good theory, but so far there are too many loose ends. I do have another theory of my own, though. This is for people who have read; I am Number Four, The lost files, The fallen Legacies...."

hmm thats interesting but if uve read the lost files i had the strangest feeling that Adamus was more than just the generals son and maybe Ones power would flow into him cause they basically share a body now i just hope the next book comes out soon!!!!

Jerome Lim Sarah wrote: "This is a good theory, but so far there are too many loose ends. I do have another theory of my own, though. This is for people who have read; I am Number Four, The lost files, The fallen Legacies...."

Hmm I haven't read I am Number Four, The lost files, The fallen Legacies.

I'll read it this weekend and get back to you!

message 22: by Ms. (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ms. Anderson Interesting prediction. :D

Siobhan I'm sure I replied to this ages ago, but maybe it was on one of the other Lorien reviews. Anyway, I don't think Setrakus Ra is Five, although I do think he was impersonating Nine at the end (their fight was a little too uprupt in its ending). I think the scars on his leg are linked to the Garde, but more as a result of the charm. Like, if the Mogs did get to the Garde in the right order, even Setrakus Ra suffered at their deaths. Before the charm was destroyed by Four and Six anyway. Besides, it sounded like he was coated in the scars and death of his victims as it was, like he was living death. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Sarah  ღ Jerome wrote: "Sarah wrote: "This is a good theory, but so far there are too many loose ends. I do have another theory of my own, though. This is for people who have read; I am Number Four, The lost files, The fa..."
ull love it let me know what u think!!!

Jerome Lim Siobhan wrote: "I'm sure I replied to this ages ago, but maybe it was on one of the other Lorien reviews. Anyway, I don't think Setrakus Ra is Five, although I do think he was impersonating Nine at the end (their ..."

Setràkus Ra is covered in scars, but what better way to hide the scars you don't want people to see! The fact that Lore takes the time to show us Six's interest in his scars when she fights him makes me think that there is a twist attached to them.

Jerome Lim Sarah wrote: "Jerome wrote: "Sarah wrote: "This is a good theory, but so far there are too many loose ends. I do have another theory of my own, though. This is for people who have read; I am Number Four, The los..."

I've just started! :)

Sarah  ღ Jerome wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Jerome wrote: "Sarah wrote: "This is a good theory, but so far there are too many loose ends. I do have another theory of my own, though. This is for people who have read; I am Number..."

ull enjoy it!!!1

Siobhan Jerome wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "I'm sure I replied to this ages ago, but maybe it was on one of the other Lorien reviews. Anyway, I don't think Setrakus Ra is Five, although I do think he was impersonating Nine at..."

Indeed, but I think it may just be an extension of the charm. And also, if he is impersonating one of the Garde, what better camoflage than already having the loric scars on his leg?

Jerome Lim Siobhan wrote: "Indeed, but I think it may just be an extension of the charm. And also, if he is impersonating one of the Garde, what better camoflage than already having the loric scars on his leg."

Good point, but I still that would be too easy! As "twists" go that seems too nice! That makes sense to me anyway! :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be a great plot twist, but if Setrakus Rá really is Five I think that he doesn't have a very good Legacie. Maybe he got those Legacies (to shut down everyone's power) and then began to work for the Mogadorians. I actually hope it a little bit, because it would be an amazing thrill to the book =)

Jerome Lim We all know the book ended strangely, too fast, not neatly enough, what if it was done on purpose! We know Setràkus Ra can change form, so everybody expects him to be Nine now, but what if after all this they lose Setràkus Ra, but find Five! Everyone will be happy about finding Five and suspicious of Nine, who'd be innocent!
Four and Nine both saw a member of the Garde racing toward them "like they were on a plan" but since we know where the others were it leaves only Five unaccounted for, but there was no big Garde reunion with Five popping up, just the arraival of Setràkus Ra! There has to be a link there somewhere!

Siobhan I actually thought that Five had the power either of flight (like Six) or superspeed. Or both.

Here's a theory for you: If what Henri said to Four was correct, and they all have qualities of the previous Garde, could Setrakus Ra actually have been part of the original guard, sent by the Mogs to infiltrate Lorien (and that's how Lorien was destroyed) and now Five replicates him? And the only one to beat Setrakus Ra is the one like Setrakus Ra, and they have to find Five to even have a chance?

Jerome Lim Nice! I like that! What if beating Setràkus Ra isn't about physical beating him but changing him back?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Siobhan wrote: "I actually thought that Five had the power either of flight (like Six) or superspeed. Or both.

Here's a theory for you: If what Henri said to Four was correct, and they all have qualities of the p..."

That's actually quite a good theory. It really would be amazing if Setrakus Rá just was a spy of the Mogadorians to infiltrate Lorien. It's only a more realistic idea if you realize that he can transform into every form he wants. But if Five is just a replica of Setrakus Rá, shouldn't he be a spy for the Mogadorians too?? It would be amazingly thought if not all the Gardes are fighting on the side of Lorien!!

Siobhan Jerome wrote: "Nice! I like that! What if beating Setràkus Ra isn't about physical beating him but changing him back?"

Back into Pittacus Lore?

See what I did there?

I am going to be so disappointed by the actual storyline now.

Jerome Lim Siobhan wrote: "I am going to be so disappointed by the actual storyline now. "

I have a funny feeling I am too!
Lets hope Pittacus Lore is reading this! ;)

Needmorebooks Siobhan wrote: "I actually thought that Five had the power either of flight (like Six) or superspeed. Or both.

Here's a theory for you: If what Henri said to Four was correct, and they all have qualities of the p..."

That would be such a great twist! I have to say, I definitely didn't see that coming. Considering all the different theories out there, I think its safe to say that Five is definitely NOT going to be fully-Loric. Im pretty sure some part of him is Mogadorian - whether that be Setrakus Ra or being raised by the Mogs or something else.

message 38: by Doreen (last edited Jan 22, 2013 07:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Doreen I think 5 is pittacus since 1 through 3 are dead and the chances of them being pittacus lore are slim. 30% chance slim.

Jerome Lim I think the chances of One, Two or Three being Pittacus Lore are more on the 0% side seeing as they're all dead! Five is the key to this series, how he fits in I still don't know, but I'm sure the next book will tell us! :)

Rahila okay...these theories are just amaZING. seriously ill never be able to come up with theories like this by myself. and i extremely like the idea of five being raised as a mog. that would deffinatly be a good read. Cause it will be kinda useless if all the numbers wanted to get back to lorien and they all work together and happliy ever after. between the numbers we need a feud or some big disagreement cause then the story line will be too pridictable.

anyways.....lets hope that the fourth book is as great as the other three.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Doreen wrote: "I think 5 is pittacus since 1 through 3 are dead and the chances of them being pittacus lore are slim. 30% chance slim."

I also think that Five is going to have a bigger role in the fourth book than she had in the third. I would really love it if she is just a spy for the Mogadorians, it would give the book a plot twist and I like plot twists. But I just don't there will be some sort of cliché like: there is an eleventh Garde.

Jerome Lim Jacob wrote: "But I just don't there will be some sort of cliché like: there is an eleventh Garde"

We've already been given the Tenth Garde so pulling an Eleventh out of the bag will be pushing it! So my money is on Five to be the big twist in this series!

Doreen Jerome wrote: "I think the chances of One, Two or Three being Pittacus Lore are more on the 0% side seeing as they're all dead! Five is the key to this series, how he fits in I still don't know, but I'm sure the ..."
Good point, but if they were pittacus, that would've sucked XD

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Doreen wrote: "Jerome wrote: "I think the chances of One, Two or Three being Pittacus Lore are more on the 0% side seeing as they're all dead! Five is the key to this series, how he fits in I still don't know, bu..."

Yeah, but they were all three killed by a not so big horde of Mogadorians, so I think if they were Pittacus they would've took of a bigger fight.

Jerome Lim I don't think we need to worry about One,Two or Three being Pittacus Lore, The Legacy books are about him/her so it would defeat the object if he/she never showed up.

Siobhan If One, Two or Three were Pittacus, there'd be no story. It makes no sense for any of them.

I'm interested in the role of Ten though. I don't think she's a Mog spy (although she's far too sweet and naive) but there has to be a point to a tenth Garde member.

Jerome Lim Siobhan wrote: "I'm interested in the role of Ten though. I don't think she's a Mog spy (although she's far too sweet and naive) but there has to be a point to a tenth Garde member. "

Your right I think she's important too, but more as the Garde that the Mogs don't know about, they know they've killed three so she would be an unknown entity for them!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I think Ten isn't a spy for the Mogs. If she would be, why would she just take down Setákus Ra while he was fighting and he already took out Six and Nine? No, I think she is a real Garde...

Jerome Lim No I'm pretty sure Ten is legit! Five is the joker in this pack he/she is the key to the next book/s! And the fact that there are three "extra" characters seems important too, Sam, Sarah and Ten! Three unknown entities helping the Garde who have lost three of their members, coincidence?! Only the next instalments will tell! :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Jerome wrote: "No I'm pretty sure Ten is legit! Five is the joker in this pack he/she is the key to the next book/s! And the fact that there are three "extra" characters seems important too, Sam, Sarah and Ten! T..."

But I don't exactly know the role of the humans (talking about the American Gouvernment) in the books. They have some sort of bond with the Mogs or something, because they just helped the Mogs. And they're also keeping the space ship. And I don't what Mogs want with those humans, the more the humans know 'bout them, the more there is a chance that humans will notice them.

« previous 1