Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Fred Wesley's Death

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aliya What you think about that scene?

Filza It was very painful:( The most painful for me,

Stéphanie I can't say that it was very pleasant... i totally agree with Ida.

Erin I am still not over his death and i just like can't get over how hard it must have been for George to keep living when half of him was gone.

Leah Weasley

Nancy I think it is made even more awful by the fact that in the epilogue, no mention is made of George at all--most of the other important characters are given a passing reference so the reader knows what they are doing or how they are. But not poor George, leaving us to wonder what in the world happened to him? No joke shop? No nothing?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

:'(

Laura You might want to rename this discussion cause I think people who haven't read Deathly Hallows can still see discussions for it. Just a heads up.

Susie Barnes I thought it would be one of the twins because it would like only killing off half a person, since the twins were always together, etc. That doesn't make it better but it keeps it from being worse than it could have been.

Jasmine J Who killed fred though?? i know it says in the book how he died but i was never sure who actually killed him?? was it rookwood??

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It was painful, but it had to be done. This isn't a a series that can end with everyone living happily ever after. "A good book will make you laugh, cry, and change your life forever" ~Erin Hunter
This scene made me cry

Chris C Sooo sad. TT

Chris C It was Bellatrix who killed him

which is why mrs weasley says "You will not touch our children again!" & "Not my daughter you BITCH!"

Susie Barnes @Jasmine: Bellatrix cast a spell and it hit a wall, the wall cracked and broke and fell on top of Fred.
@Chris: One of the best quotes in the whole series.

Susie Barnes I just wish George was one of those parents at the Hogwarts Express. I would have liked to have met his kids, I bet they're a real piece of work.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I bet they're awesome!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Chrisdecho7-3 wrote: "It was Bellatrix who killed him

which is why mrs weasley says "You will not touch our children again!" & "Not my daughter you BITCH!""

No one messes with Mama Bear!

Chris C http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2UwAn...

Watch this. The actor who did mrs weasley said that she liked the line "Not my daughter you BITCH!"

LOL

Jasmine J @Susie oh ok, thanks cause i never really knew! :)

Jasmine J and @Chrisdecho7-3

Mayko I hated that it happened. I liked the twins very much and it was not only awful to lose one but also to see any set of twins separated like that made me feel ultra bad for George.

Chaya Chris wrote: "It was Bellatrix who killed him

which is why mrs weasley says "You will not touch our children again!" & "Not my daughter you BITCH!""

Bellatrix didn't kill him.

Michał Szydłowski Nope, it was Rookwood

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Freeeeeeeeddddddd :'''''''''''(

George was always my favourite but I was still so sad. :(

And yeah it was Rookwood who killed him. Molly yells at Bellatrix because she taunts her and almost hits Ginny with a killing curse.

I must say, that b#$@! got what she deserved.

message 25: by Poindexter (last edited Sep 09, 2014 02:05AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Poindexter As a twin myself, that was easily the most horrible death - waaay too close to my actual nightmares :S. I'd rather die than be separated from my twin, we are very close like Fred and George.

Cynthia It wasn't Bellatrix it was Rookwood ... His spell hit a wall and made the ceiling colapse on Fred. I bawled my eyes out.
That book literally killed all my feels.
I wasn't even over Fred when Snape died followed by Remus and Tonks.

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America I am STILL depressed over his death! One day at age 70 and I'm still upset about it someone will ask, "After all this time?" I would say ALWAYS. Everytime i think about him a wave of sadness comes over me and it's like a pit of sorrow in my stomach. Idk which reason why I'm so sad, the fact that he died and is gone or how George would handle it! But he got killed off because it would not be realistic for such a big family to have no children die (i feel guilty for thinking this but i wanted Percy to die in his place..)

Melissa ◆◆◆Tana~It's never to late to be brand new █ Give some love and save animals wrote: "I am STILL depressed over his death! One day at age 70 and I'm still upset about it someone will ask, "After all this time?" I would say ALWAYS. Everytime i think about him a wave of sadness comes..."

I hate to say it but I think most people wouldn't have minded had Percy died instead. It really is hard to think of George without Fred...but this happens in real life. You just have to wonder how George is without his better half.

Queenjuicy Even though they are the basically the same, I would say that I liked Fred better. It was painful to read that he died.

Victoria That's just it, though. If she had killed Percy, no one would have cared. It was the hard choice, but it was an important one, to kill Fred. Percy is family too, and it shows just how close the whole Weasley clan is, for Fred to save his brother after all that time they were apart and feuding.

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America Yeah, JK Rowling said she hated killing him off but she didn't regret it. Or atleast i think she did. But yes if Percy died no fans would care too much but the Weasleys wouldn't be the same. It would probally still be sad since if Percy died they would regret how they treated him and all! But honestly i just wish he could have taken Fred's place so it would be realistic that at least 1 of the Weasley's died yet not as...depressing.

nekku Nancy wrote: "I think it is made even more awful by the fact that in the epilogue, no mention is made of George at all--most of the other important characters are given a passing reference so the reader knows wh..."

The only mention we do get is that George never pulled off a patronus after that, and honestly, that fact just makes me want to hurl. Fred's death was the most depressing, imo.

Deeptanshu It was sad yes but i can understand why Rowling did. Its the finale after all and you do need some extra drama.