YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
This topic is about Unspoken
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
420 views
Archives > Whiny, bratty, ridiculous, or just plain annoying characters!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments I can pick out a few number of characters who have annoyed the hell out of me (not in a negative sense). I've wanted to drown them, smack them on the head and so on. I'll start the list with Jared from Unspoken. really, who wouldn't want to smack the boy soundly?

which character do you want to pound some sense into?


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Kelsey from Tiger's Curse
Her refusal to accept her feelings for Ren hurts both brothers. She's selfish in her decision making.


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments hmm..haven't read it yet. should I?


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Kelsey from Tiger's Curse
Her refusal to accept her feelings for Ren hurts both brothers. She's selfish in her decision making."


YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! I hate her so much that I dropped the series.


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I think everyone would agree that Katy is frustrating, especially in the second book, Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout . Totally undeserving of Daemon's awesomeness in that book!


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments I didn't like Reid in Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Tammara Webber .


Jasmine | 93 comments Samia wrote: "I can pick out a few number of characters who have annoyed the hell out of me (not in a negative sense). I've wanted to drown them, smack them on the head and so on. I'll start the list with Jared ..."

Yess i agree. I mean he's like so unwilling to be near Kami although it's obvious he cares for her ;p


Jasmine | 93 comments Greta wrote: "I think everyone would agree that Katy is frustrating, especially in the second book, Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Totally undeserving of Daemon's awesomeness in that book!"

Yupp true. She's always trying to make trouble ;p


message 9: by Mishma (last edited Dec 25, 2012 10:10PM) (new)

Mishma Nixon Bella from Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer .I've always been frustrated with Mary-Sues,so I hated Bella from the start.

Elena from The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith .She is really annoying whenever she talks about her 'love' for both Stefan and Damon.As if she's the only beautiful girl in the whole world.

Dimitri from Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead .I am sorry,Dimitri lovers.Because I know,a lot who like him.His character annoyed me so much,and when Adrian was introduced in Frost Bite,I initially started to love him.So,I couldn't help but despise Dimitri.Especially in Frost Bite and Spirit Bound.


Shymaa (shymaa22) Greta wrote: "I think everyone would agree that Katy is frustrating, especially in the second book, Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Totally undeserving of Daemon's awesomeness in that book!"

I can't agree with you more


message 11: by Jonababez (new) - added it

Jonababez | 2458 comments Tessa from The Infernal Devices series!!!


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Tessa? Really? I'm surprised! I didn't find her that bad. I just felt she was in an awful position, and she didn't want to hurt Jem.


message 13: by Jonababez (new) - added it

Jonababez | 2458 comments Yeah, I hate her because Jem likes her! LOL! And it really broke my heart when she agreed on that even though she loves someone else.


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments i think she really loves both of them. hell, i love both of them!


message 15: by Jonababez (new) - added it

Jonababez | 2458 comments Nooo! It's impossible! What she feels about Jem is only pity. And I hate her because of that! Yes, I'm that affected. I'll just have Jem for myself! LOL!


message 16: by Greta (last edited Dec 26, 2012 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments He is impossible not to love. He is Jem! i'm sure she loves him!


message 17: by Novel (last edited Dec 26, 2012 05:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "He is impossible not to love. He is Jem! i'm sure she loves him!"

Of course she does, but not as much as she loves Will...


message 18: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Gale Hawthorne of Hunger Games trilogy.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Beatrice wrote: "Gale Hawthorne of Hunger Games trilogy."

why?


message 20: by Jonababez (new) - added it

Jonababez | 2458 comments Nooooooooooo!!!! She doesn't!!!


message 21: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon You don't like Gale?


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Jona wrote: "Nooooooooooo!!!! She doesn't!!!"

calm down jona! hahaha


message 23: by Beatrice (last edited Dec 26, 2012 05:34AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments I didn't like him in Mockingjay. What kind of bestfriend he is?! (Sorry Gale-fans no offense) He stopped communicating with Katniss and he just left without any explanation.


message 24: by Jonababez (new) - added it

Jonababez | 2458 comments Novel wrote: "Jona wrote: "Nooooooooooo!!!! She doesn't!!!"

calm down jona! hahaha"


Hahaha. I'm actually calm...


message 25: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Beatrice wrote: "I didn't like him in Mockingjay. What kind of bestfriend he is?! (Sorry Gale-fans no offense) He stopped communicating with Katniss and he just left without any explanation."

Well I have to agree with that.Mocking Jay is where I changed from Team Gale to Team Peeta.


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Beatrice wrote: "I didn't like him in Mockingjay. What kind of bestfriend he is?! (Sorry Gale-fans no offense) He stopped communicating with Katniss and he just left without any explanation."

Well, I didn't particularly hated Gale, it was the author's fault why Gale just vanished without a word to Katniss. LOL! I didn't like Mockingjay as much as I did the first two books, it was a little disappointing.


message 27: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon I don't know what's the matter with the third books when it come to trilogies.They end up being the least favourite of the series.I had high hopes for Mocking Jay,and I was so disappointed.


message 28: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Novel wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "I didn't like him in Mockingjay. What kind of bestfriend he is?! (Sorry Gale-fans no offense) He stopped communicating with Katniss and he just left without any explanation."

Well..."


Gale's character was ruined. :( I am so disappointed. It frustrated me.. as well as (view spoiler)


message 29: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Mishma wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "I didn't like him in Mockingjay. What kind of bestfriend he is?! (Sorry Gale-fans no offense) He stopped communicating with Katniss and he just left without any explanation."

Well..."


Team Peeta all the way since the first book :D


Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Beatrice wrote: "Novel wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "I didn't like him in Mockingjay. What kind of bestfriend he is?! (Sorry Gale-fans no offense) He stopped communicating with Katniss and he just left without any expla..."

I agree, the deaths in book 3 were frustrating...


message 31: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Zoey Redbird of House of Night series by PC & Kristin Cast.
Love Square? Lol


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I agree with Beatrice...Team Peeta right from the start!


message 33: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments :D definitely hahaha!


Shymaa (shymaa22) Greta wrote: "I agree with Beatrice...Team Peeta right from the start!"

Hell yeah, I'm so in love with peeta


message 35: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments @mishma - team adrian alk the way! I continued vampire academy because of him and christian ozera. :)


message 36: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Novel wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Novel wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "I didn't like him in Mockingjay. What kind of bestfriend he is?! (Sorry Gale-fans no offense) He stopped communicating with Katniss and he just left ..."

I didn't expect them to die in the end. It was really sad.. and everything seems rushed.


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Finnick just broke my heart, and their whole foray into the capital was the stupidest thing ever!! (view spoiler)


message 38: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Greta wrote: "Finnick just broke my heart, and their whole foray into the capital was the stupidest thing ever!! [spoilers removed]"

I agree with that :(


message 39: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Beatrice wrote: "@mishma - team adrian alk the way! I continued vampire academy because of him and christian ozera. :)"

I loved Christian too.He and Adrian are my favourite characters in Vampire Academy.


message 40: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments ^ True! I love him because he was frank. Not really a fan of Dimitri.. but I like him in Blood Promise and his accent. :)


message 41: by Pang (new) - added it

Pang Same here, you girls!! ^^ I keep reading VA because of Christian and Adrian!!! and I LOVE them So Much!! ;">


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Mishma wrote: "Bella from Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer.I've always been frustrated with Mary-Sues,so I hated Bella from the start.

Elena from The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith.She is really annoyin..."


I agree wholeheartedly with Elena. And Dimitri, somewhat. Strigoi Dimitri was awesome!! he was awesome before that too, but the last part of spirit bound and the total last sacrifice annoyed me too. But I love him still!


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Yeah, I actually loved Strigoi Dimitri too!


message 44: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon When he was Strigoi,I liked him too.He became dreamy bad boy that we can't resist.But when he changed back,he went back to the same annoying Dimitri.He even became worse than before.


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Mishma wrote: "When he was Strigoi,I liked him too.He became dreamy bad boy that we can't resist.But when he changed back,he went back to the same annoying Dimitri.He even became worse than before."

He wasn't annoying before, but he definitely became after. have you read foretold? I couldn't believe the story!!


message 46: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Mishma wrote: "When he was Strigoi,I liked him too.He became dreamy bad boy that we can't resist.But when he changed back,he went back to the same annoying Dimitri.He even became worse than before."

Dimitri is so stubborn in Spirit Bound. I like him too when he was a Strigoi.

And Rosemarie Hathaway frustrates me in Last Sacrifice.


Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Rose is very frustrating. I felt like she was a total user when it came to Adrian.


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Novel wrote: "I didn't like Reid in Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Tammara Webber."

heh, I loved him in it. I didn't like him in Where You Are


Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Pang wrote: "Same here, you girls!! ^^ I keep reading VA because of Christian and Adrian!!! and I LOVE them So Much!! ;">"

started Bloodlines yet? I'm already re-reading it!


message 50: by Greta (last edited Dec 27, 2012 08:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Samia, you did a Buddy Read this month. I strongly suggest you enter the Buddy Read All You Can Challenge. We're giving away a lot and not that many people participated. It ends at the end of the month.


« previous 1 3
back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.