2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Marisa's "Back to Books" 30 Books Challenge for 2013

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments I'm also planning to read Let's Pretend This Never Happened next year. Let me know when you plan to read it. Maybe we can do a buddy read (:

message 3: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6233 comments Loved life of pi - it was one of my challenge reads last year. Good luck!

message 4: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (rallier) | 9 comments Adriana wrote: "I'm also planning to read Let's Pretend This Never Happened next year. Let me know when you plan to read it. Maybe we can do a buddy read (:"

Hi Adriana! I'll definitely let you know when I start reading it. If you happen to start before that, let me know also! :)

message 5: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (rallier) | 9 comments Megan wrote: "Loved life of pi - it was one of my challenge reads last year. Good luck!"

Megan, I've read nice reviews of Life of Pi, and that's one of the reasons I have it on my list. I hope I like it too!

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Marisa wrote: "Adriana wrote: "I'm also planning to read Let's Pretend This Never Happened next year. Let me know when you plan to read it. Maybe we can do a buddy read (:"

Hi Adriana! I'll definitely let you kn..."

Will do!

message 7: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (rallier) | 9 comments Just finished reading A Clash of Kings last night. I don't want to read all the book of the series this year, but since I really want to read A Storm of Swords before season 3 of the tv series is out, I'm now going to read that one!
1068 pages, here I go! :)

message 8: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (rallier) | 9 comments I finished A Storm of Swords, and then decided I'm going to read all the books available on the series. Why? Because my memory will eventually just let go of most of the information, and then by the time I go back to the series, I'll have forgotten most of the characters and plots.
So I added the other books of the series so far, and removed one of the books I had decided to read this year.

message 9: by Nidia (new)

Nidia (thatgirlreads) | 103 comments My challenge for this year is 30 books as well. I hope we reach our goal :)

message 10: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (rallier) | 9 comments Ashley wrote: "No spoilers.
The Fault in our Stars is sad, so sad that I'm not sure of countinuing. Yet humorous...so many afflictions."

Finally back to internet at home after 5 months!
In the meanwhile I read The Fault in Our Stars, which like you said is so immensely sad. But I loved every minute of it, even when I couldn't read from all the tears!

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Marisa wrote: "Ashley wrote: "No spoilers.
The Fault in our Stars is sad, so sad that I'm not sure of countinuing. Yet humorous...so many afflictions."

Finally back to internet at home after 5 months!
In the me..."

Welcome back! Did you get to read any good books?

message 12: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (rallier) | 9 comments Hi Adriana!

Other than The Fault in Our Stars, the only other book I really enjoyed was Behind the Beautiful Forevers. Others were ok, but not big page turners.