Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice discussion

lost in austen

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dhanu has anyone watched the film Lost in Austen. Because i just watched it last night and i loved it. I wish i was like Amanda Price and i wish my favourite character from book turns up in my flat and take me back in time to see they story go on like Amanda does.

message 2: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Yes, I know the film, too. It would be really interesting to go into the world of our favourite book(s)and see all the characters and places.

Sandra I know of the film, but haven't watched it... I don't know why, I guess I'm afraid it would portrait it all wrong or something... So, it's really good then?

Dhanu Avalon wrote: "I know of the film, but haven't watched it... I don't know why, I guess I'm afraid it would portrait it all wrong or something... So, it's really good then?"

no thought it was great don't mean to spoil it for you but elizabeth bennet isn't in the film much and mr darcy falls in love with someone else

Sandra Hahaha, well that qualifies as 'all wrong' ;)

Mochaspresso I read some of the preview on Hulu. It seemed very similar to the novel Austenland.

Gulen One of my favorite shows:D Even though i watched it few years ago, from time to time i rewatch some parts again. It is hilarious, especially the scene when Amanda asked Darcy to get out of the pond just like Colin Firth did in 1995 tv series:)))

Dhanu oh my god! I loved that scene so much, it was so funny but amazing. He might have got a bad cold after that cause the scene was apparently was shot in november so the water would be freezing.

Gulen Dhanu wrote: "oh my god! I loved that scene so much, it was so funny but amazing. He might have got a bad cold after that cause the scene was apparently was shot in november so the water would be freezing."

Poor Darcy:)) Ok, i really adores Austen books, all of them, and it's always a pleasure to watch such good shows. I wish there would be more shows like that

Dhanu Gulen wrote: "Dhanu wrote: "oh my god! I loved that scene so much, it was so funny but amazing. He might have got a bad cold after that cause the scene was apparently was shot in november so the water would be f..."

i know. after watching this film i have spend a lot of time trying to find films like this and i think there is film call austen's regrets or something but i didn't watch it yet.

Gulen http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1076240/

This movie i guess. Did you see Becoming Jane.. It's also a nice movie..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416508/

Dhanu Gulen wrote: "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1076240/

This movie i guess. Did you see Becoming Jane.. It's also a nice movie..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416508/"

i haven't watched the movie yet but i try and if you know more films like this please tell me because i am in a romantic drama film phase. If my friends know i like to watch classical romance there will never be an end of it.

Gulen Hımm i need to think about it but i guess you may like all British dramas adopted from Austen books such as Persuation, Emma..Well i like anything that takes place in 19th Century England..

message 14: by Izzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Izzy Avalon wrote: "I know of the film, but haven't watched it... I don't know why, I guess I'm afraid it would portrait it all wrong or something... So, it's really good then?"

I think you're assuming that it's supposed to be another 'Pride and Prejudice' TV series in the circuit. That's not strictly true. The whole point of the series is that it's more of a fantasy/comedy twist on it. It's sort of like an episode of Wife Swap, in the way that Elizabeth Bennet and Amanda Price swap lives.
Like with everything in life, it's worth trying. You might as well watch the first episode to get the feel for it. If you don't like it then you've only spent an hour (max) on something that you didn't enjoy.

message 15: by M.R. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M.R. Graham I thought it was really cute. :)
I frequently daydream about stepping into the worlds of my favourite books, but when I really stop and think about it, I'd probably end up ruining the plot. xD

Robin I came across the series a few years ago. I even went out and bought the DVD, it is a cute premise of a girl who wants the romance of Pride and Prejudice and is an Austenite, as we are. I think Mr. Darcy portrayed is somewhat of a hunk. He has the brooding qualities of Colin Firth.

message 17: by M.R. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M.R. Graham Well, you can't go wrong with Colin Firth.

Robin I know, *sigh*

message 19: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Loved 'Lost in Austin'. Some of Amanda Price's quotes make me laugh out loud. Elizabeth: 'She's married Mr Collins?' Amanda: 'Yes, I know. Cock up from start to finish!'

Love it!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I think there is something not rigth with Amanda. She claims she has read the book over and over God knows how many times, but still she seems not to understand what's going to happen in the story. She should know that Jane would be fine even though she went out in the rain on horseback to see Miss Bingley. And she keeps messing it all up when she should just stay in the background and let the story move on by itself.