X
Y
Z

message 2: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments 2013 RT BOOKLOVERS CONVENTION CHALLENGE
1/1/2013 ~ 12/31/13

0/10 read

♥Level 1♥
♥Read 10 books by any of the authors attending the convention.
♥At least 5 should be new to you authors

message 3: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments A-Z Friends Challenge
1/1/13 - 12/31/13
0/26 Completed

A ~
B ~
C ~
D ~
E ~
F ~
G ~
H ~
I ~
J ~
K ~
L ~
M ~
N ~
O ~
P ~
Q ~
R ~
S ~
T ~
U ~
V ~
W ~
Y ~
Z ~

message 4: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments RRRC January 2013
Finished 0/10

1. 'J' is for January: Read a book that starts with 'J' or by an author whose first or last name begins with 'J'.

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a January birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours OR match the date of your birthday (1-31) to a member on the January birthday list. Eg My name is Jane and my birthday is 13 August. I can either pick a January birthday celebrant whose name starts with 'J' or was born on 13 January.

If neither of these options work, select a match as close as possible (either side of the initial or date).
January Birthday List

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Louisiana, USA. Louisiana is well known for New Orlean's Mardi Gras, so for this category you can also read a book centered around a celebration or involving a parade.

4. 'New Year' means New Year Resolutions! Read a book with a character that is trying to improve themselves, started in a new profession/job/life-phase or has moved to a new district/country.

5. National Stay Healthy Month. Read a book where good health or dealing with health issues is a key consideration. For example, read a book where a main character is an athlete, doctor, nutritionist/dietician, physiotherapist, or where the character is recovering from ill health.

6. 13 Jan - This is, of course, Rubbie Duckie's Birthday!: (From Sesame Street) Read a book that features a child or children; or just read a children's book :) [Not a Young Adult book.]

7. 14 Jan - National Dress Up Your Pet day: Read a book with a pet in the storyline.

8. National Hugging Day and Make Your Dreams Come True Day are both in January: This is an easy category for everyone - Read a romance book! And a 'High 5' if your bookcover shows 2 {or more ;} people hugging!

9. Backwards Day is Jan 31: Two options.
* How do you organise your TBR shelf? Take a deep breath and select a book from the opposite end of your shelving (the last 20% of your 'normal' bookshelves).
OR
*Catering for those that don't have a TBR shelf, read a book that shows someone/something's back view or that 'takes you back' in time (a historical book or time-travel book that goes back in history).

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.