Q&A with Victoria Vane discussion

Treacherous Temptations
This topic is about Treacherous Temptations
TREACHEROUS TEMPTATIONS

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new) - added it

Victoria Vane (victoriavane) | 299 comments Mod
Hi All! I just got an update from my wonderful editor . Treacherous Temptationsis scheduled for release from Entangled Scandalous on January 21, 2013!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Niiiiice! Merry Christmas, right? YAY!

Daisy Sloan | 7 comments Woo Hoo! that's great news!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Great news, Victoria!

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (amyvalentini) | 31 comments Congrats Victoria! Can't wait to read it. You said it would be available as an eARC on NetGalley but I don't see it yet. Does your publisher know when it might be?

message 6: by Victoria (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Congrats Victoria! Can't wait to read it. You said it would be available as an eARC on NetGalley but I don't see it yet. Does your publisher know when it might be?"

Hi Amy!
It's not available quite yet. Entangled doesn't (yet)submit books until release but that's going to change very soon. The official release date is slated for January 21, but I know it's already being formatted so I hope it pops up before then.

Also, I am so excited to tell you I have just finished the fourth chapter of my first contemporary romance! I won't say much more than it's a cowboy hero and set in Montana. I've already submitted it to my editor and am just waiting to hear back. I will be shocked if she doesn't love it.

Kathleen (kathleenyoung) | 8 comments Victoria wrote: "Amy wrote: "Congrats Victoria! Can't wait to read it. You said it would be available as an eARC on NetGalley but I don't see it yet. Does your publisher know when it might be?"

Hi Amy!
It's not av..."

WEEE, a Contemporary Cowboy romance you say? I'll be all over it when it's released just as I am with any other book you put out :-)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) I don't read many contemporary novels being a historical romance addict but I'll definitely be making an exception for yours, Victoria!

message 9: by Victoria (new) - added it

Carol wrote: "I don't read many contemporary novels being a historical romance addict but I'll definitely be making an exception for yours, Victoria!"

Hi Carol! Funny thing is I'm with you! I almost never read contemporary romance - maybe 1 or 2 a year, but I got this story in my head that needs to be written. It's now a trilogy set in Montana. I am almost half finished with the first book and VERY happy with it. I'm now waiting to hear back from my editor to see if they will pick it up. I hope she likes it too.

message 10: by Victoria (new) - added it

Kathleen wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Amy wrote: "Congrats Victoria! Can't wait to read it. You said it would be available as an eARC on NetGalley but I don't see it yet. Does your publisher know when it might be?"

Hi..."

Thanks so much Kathleen. I'm having so much fun with this story. Funny thing is, when I first began writing I said I could never picture myself writing anything that wasn't historical because I didn't think I had the "voice" for anything else. Wrong! I will never say never again!

message 11: by Victoria (last edited Jan 03, 2013 08:12AM) (new) - added it

Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

Wade raked his hand through his sandy hair with a curse. "Grazing rights again! Damned vegan tree-huggers would despoil our entire state economy." He glanced at Nikki with a frown. "You're not one of them I hope."
"No, I'm a longtime omnivore. My grandparents had a chicken farm in Lavonia. Did you know Georgia is the country's biggest chicken producer?"
"No M'am. I did not know that, but then I'm not a big fan of chicken myself."
She let her gaze travel in slow appreciation of his tall, lean, muscular frame. She guessed he stood at least six three in his boots. "I suppose not," she said. "I guess it would be only prime grain-fed beef and Idaho potatoes for you."
"Miz Powell, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were undressing me with those pretty blue-green eyes of yours."
Nikki felt a heated flush infuse her face. "So what if I was? Weren't you quite fixated on my ass at Denver airport?"
"You noticed that, eh?" He confessed with a shameless grin.
"Then quid pro quo counselor." She jutted her chin. "What do you say to that?"
He approached her slowly, the smile in his eyes transforming in a blink to a wicked gleam. A gleam that promised very bad things and sent a warning signal to every nerve in her body. He clasped her defiant chin between his fingers and one side of his handsome mouth kicked up in the corner. "I'd say, Nikki, why just use your eyes?"

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

Wade raked his hand through his sandy hair with a curse. "Grazing rights again! Damned vegan tree-hu..."

Oh, I think I'm going to enjoy this one, Victoria!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Victoria wrote: "Carol wrote: "I don't read many contemporary novels being a historical romance addict but I'll definitely be making an exception for yours, Victoria!"

Hi Carol! Funny thing is I'm with you! I almo..."

Keeping all my fingers crossed she likes it!

message 14: by Victoria (new) - added it

Carol wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

Wade raked his hand through his sandy hair with a curse. "Grazing rights again! Dam..."

It's a good story. I promise!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Victoria wrote: "Carol wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

Wade raked his hand through his sandy hair with a curse. "Grazing rig..."

You never write anything that isn't good!

Kathleen (kathleenyoung) | 8 comments Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

Wade raked his hand through his sandy hair with a curse. "Grazing rights again! Damned vegan tree-hu..."

OMG Victoria, you only posted a few sentences and I'm already hooked :-)

message 17: by Victoria (last edited Jan 03, 2013 01:46PM) (new) - added it

Kathleen wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

Wade raked his hand through his sandy hair with a curse. "Grazing rights again! Dam..."

Hi Kathleen! I don't have a publisher for this one YET. But I hope to very soon. I'm also hoping to be finished with it by the end of January. It's the first in what I am calling the Twin Bridges Trilogy. Wade has a brother, Dirk, who is a former rodeo champ and an ex-marine to boot. According to Wade, Dirk eats nails for breakfast. He's the hero of the second book.

message 18: by Victoria (last edited Jan 03, 2013 01:48PM) (new) - added it

Carol wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Carol wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

Wade raked his hand through his sandy hair with a cu..."

Thanks so much, Carol (**blushes**)
This is definitely new territory for me but I feel REALLY good about it ATM.

message 19: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (amyvalentini) | 31 comments Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

LOVE IT!

message 20: by Victoria (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Here's a sneak peek at my WIP, a contemporary romance tentatively entitled "THE COWBOY LAWYER":

LOVE IT!"

Hi Amy!
I'm having so much fun with this story and am eagerly waiting to hear from my editor on it. Will keep you all posted.
Victoria

message 21: by Victoria (last edited Jan 22, 2013 08:10AM) (new) - added it

Hi All! If you are a reviewer/blogger, Treacherous Temptations by Victoria Vane Treacherous Temptationsis now available through NET GALLEY!

message 22: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (amyvalentini) | 31 comments Already bought my copy from KOBO! It's there waiting for me. I have to wade through some others but can't wait to read it. Already sneaked a peek at first chapter. Can't wait! It's calling to me - read me, read me! xoxo

message 23: by Victoria (last edited Jan 23, 2013 08:06PM) (new) - added it

Amy wrote: "Already bought my copy from KOBO! It's there waiting for me. I have to wade through some others but can't wait to read it. Already sneaked a peek at first chapter. Can't wait! It's calling to me - ..."

LOL!Hope you enjoy it, Amy. It's pretty dark but hot too!

Kathleen (kathleenyoung) | 8 comments Hi Victoria, I'm currently reading Treacherous Temptations and I'm VERY MUCH ENJOYING IT!! I was very happy to receive a copy of this book even though I would have bought it no matter what. I just LOVE your writing style.
I must say again that I look forwards to reading your up and coming contemporary romance, The Cowboy Lawyer. I read all types of romances but I like them on the HOT side and you sure know how to write those, LOL. I just hope that when this book does take off, and I'm sure it will be a hit, that you will still be writing historical romances. I know you've said that historical romances are your favorites to write but I'm afraid that if The Cowboy Lawyer hits as big as I think it will that your historical romances will take a back seat. Lately it's been hard for me to find REALLY good and also HOT new historical romances and yours have hit the spot for me :-)
Thanks for reading my thoughts Victoria, YOU ROCK!!

message 25: by Victoria (last edited Jan 24, 2013 06:34AM) (new) - added it

Kathleen wrote: "Hi Victoria, I'm currently reading Treacherous Temptations and I'm VERY MUCH ENJOYING IT!! I was very happy to receive a copy of this book even though I would have bought it no matter what. I just ..."
Kathleen, I can't tell you how much your message warms my heart. Historicals are truly my love, but I am indeed trying to make it in this business of ravenous dog eating which is my reason for venturing into contemporary romance, as its more suited for mass consumption. Having said that, however, there are still a dozen historical romances sitting on my computer desktop waiting for me to finish them.(This includes several more DEVERE stories). I promise you that every one of them will see development at some point but much, will depend on how well Treacherous Temptationsis received. I will certainly keep you posted!
XO
Victoria

Kathleen (kathleenyoung) | 8 comments Victoria wrote: "Kathleen wrote: "Hi Victoria, I'm currently reading Treacherous Temptations and I'm VERY MUCH ENJOYING IT!! I was very happy to receive a copy of this book even though I would have bought it no mat..."

WHEW! Thank you Victoria for reassuring me on that.

message 27: by Victoria (new) - added it