Under The Sun Every Day Just Comes & Goes discussion

Richard's Mind of Sanity > The Ranting Hour

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Theodore (ddaythecannibal) | 3078 comments Mod
So as anyone who knows me on GR can tell you I love to rant and rave about religion and politics. But what a lot of them don't know is I also rant and rave about complete and utter non sense. So here is where I will share those other rants that don't get the spotlight they deserve.

To Find all my rants including the ones I can't share here go to; An Atheist and A Pacifist

Now the rules here are rather simple... I don't care about spamming, I don't care about being polite, and I certainly don't give a shit about swearing so as long as you don't break the group's rules about religion and politics (because I have no desire to debate either here) you are more than welcome to say what ever you wish here.

message 2: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I guess I'll start of with some of my favorite rants...

message 3: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Fear, Fear, Fear

There is nothing to fear but fear itself. By far one of the dumbest comments ever said by a United States president... the dumbest if you subtract everything George W. Bush has ever said. But I am in no mood to get in to that Stupid Ass Saying, this rant is about my fears not about that bullshit. I just thought it would make a good introduction. Which it did… moving on.

For one I have no fear of death. I have no idea why anyone would fear death. To me it sounds like an adventure. Think about it. Just for a second. Of all the religions and all the scientific discoveries in history no one has any evidence on what happens after death, a lot of theories but no evidence. I guess that in itself is reason to fear death, the unknown you know? But I can’t help but think of death as solving life’s greatest puzzle. And I happen to love puzzles. Oh and don’t worry I don’t plan on dying anytime soon.

Anyway I do have fears. I believe anyone who says they have no fears is a liar or Chuck Norris. I personally fear things such as large bodies of water. Bet that’s one of the reasons I’ve never learned to swim. People always make comments and snicker when I state my fear of water. “You realize the world is covered by water?” Do you realize that water is one giant toilet? “You realize that your body is 70% water, right?” You realize that 70% of my foot is going to be in your ass if you don’t shut the hell up, right? People are stupid. People sometimes fear weird things. Get over it!

I have of course a few more fears but they will not be mentioned here. The only other one that will be mentioned is my biggest fear of the most frightening creatures to ever walk the earth; Centipedes. Now when I say I am scared of centipedes I mean it. When I see a centipede, I, a man who stands 5’8 and weighs 200 pounds, instantly turn into a screaming little school girl.

Example:
I remember this one time I saw a centipede on the middle of my living room floor. I freaked out screamed a high pitched scream like my balls were in a vice grip. I climbed or rather jumped on to the back of my couch and ran from the back of the couch to the back of my chair to the back of the love seat and finally jumped back to the ground halfway across the room. Once back on the ground I ran to and knocked on my mother’s bedroom door to beg her to “Kill the ginormous centipede.”

Yeah… a bit of an irrational fear of centipedes…

message 4: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Stupid Ass Sayings

We’ve all heard them mostly because there are hundreds of them… thousands maybe. I don’t understand what half of them mean. How can anyone understand what they mean? I wonder if half of them are meant to just be confusing as all hell. Let’s go over a few of my favorites shall we?

First off let’s go over the one I just used; Hell. You ever notice hell is everything? Mad as hell, crazy as hell, sexy as hell, dumb as hell, stupid as hell, hot as hell, cold as hell, strange as hell, confusing as hell, stinks like hell, funny as hell, sweet as hell, bitter as hell, and the list goes on and on and on… and on. Hell is everything apparently.

My grandmother loves to say this, “Don’t you look me in that tone of voice.” As you can probably imagine no one has any idea what in the bloody hell she is talking about. Seriously the woman screams that and everyone in hearing distance looks at her like she has three heads. I can’t even begin to figure out what she means by that either. I once asked her what that meant. Her answer was, “He,” talking about my cousin, “knows what it means.” I don’t think anyone knows what that means.

One of my personal favorites is, “I don’t give flying shit/fuck.” What is a flying shit? Seriously think about it. What comes to mind when you hear or think the words flying shit? I think monkeys… throwing feces at each other… yeah. How many monkeys does it take screw in a light bulb? Three. One to screw in the light bulb and two to throw feces at each other. Anyway back to the saying… flying fuck isn’t any better. To be honest it sounds like it would be the motto of the Mile High Club of something.

Another stupid one is, “Everything happens for a reason.” Yes the reason you just said that is because you’re an idiot. Of course everything happens for a reason. That is like saying the sky is blue. It is just a fact. You aren’t telling anyone anything they don’t already know so why don’t you shut up and stop wasting people’s time. No matter what we do we do it for a reason. Sometimes those reason are simple sometimes those reasons are complicated.

For example there was a dove in my apartment building. As you can imagine a few idiots immediately thought it a mysterious sign or something. It was there for a reason… yeah I agree. The reason being it was lost. That is it… it was lost. But of course it was there for a reason. Nothing happens without reason. Come on there is even reason in madness. So if you ever hear someone say, “everything happens for a reason,” be sure to let them know they are fucking retarded.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Funny dude.

message 6: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Champ!!!! Were you been dude?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

At home with my fiance and son and in court with my ex.

message 8: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Oh right the custody thing....

message 9: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Irrational Mind
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6
Olivia Engel, 6
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Chase Kowalski, 7
Grace McDonnell, 7
Josephine Gay, 7
Victoria Soto,27
Rachel Davino, 29
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Mary Sherlach, 56

Does anyone even know who those people are? All of them are dead. Yet know in a country who has supposedly grieved them for a month can recognize their names. But all know the name of the killer. I will not put his name here. Because he doesn’t deserve to be remembered. Those above should be remembered.

The worst part of them not being remembered in their ages. Take a good look at that list, from Charlotte to Avielle their ages are all six. From Daniel to Josephine their ages are seven. Twenty lives cut way too damn short yet not one person outside of Newtown, Connecticut has heard their names. The news has been so focused on the killer so focused on the bad they don’t have the common decency to show a little bit of good by giving the names of those that died. Nope. Why should they be more famous then the killer?

And this isn’t the first time this has happen and it won’t be the last.
Melissa Smith, Lisa Levy, and Susan Curtis? Know any of them? Of course not. All three of them were murdered by Ted Bundy.
Stephen Hicks, Matt Turner, or Eddie Smith? Victims of Jeffrey Dahmer.
Wojciech Frykowski, Leno Labianca, or Rosemary Labianca? Victims of the Manson Family but you’ve never heard of them either. None except Sharon Tate.

But it doesn’t end with the miserable fucks of the news stations. No it never ends with one horrible injustice, does it? Stupid assholes use tragedies such as this to push their own agenda. Politicians, and other dumb fucks, use it to debate Gun Control. Here’s the thing about that… GUN CONTROL ISN’T THE FUCKING PROBLEM! SO STOP USING THE FUCKING SHOOTINGS TO JUSTIFY SHIT! YOU STUPID FUCKING LOUSY PIECES OF GARBAGE! THINK! YOU HAVE A BRAIN! MOST HUMANS DO! NOW FUCKING USE IT!!!

Ahem… Sorry… sort of… okay not at all.

As I said the problem isn’t gun control. The problem is people plain and simple. The idea to take away guns to stop shootings is as brilliant as the Pope’s idea to ban condoms to stop people from fucking. Neither is going to help and both were come up with by a dumbass. You want to put stricter laws on gun control fine. I’m all for it. Within reason.

But we need to do something about people. I have read a lot on school shootings. They all have one thing in common apparently. Mental Illness. The Columbine Massacre? Depression caused by Bullying. The Guy who shot up the Dark Knight Rises Theater? No idea exactly what was wrong with him but I do know he was mentally ill. Sandy Hook? Same thing Mentally ill. I’m seeing a fucking pattern here.

But we’re not done. I have heard this idea many times in the last few weeks. And it makes no fucking sense to a rational mind. I guess that tells how rational people are in general. There are actually people who want to allow teachers to carry guns in school. I dunno… maybe it’s just me but… I thought the fucking idea was to keep guns OUT of schools.

Their defense for this idea of complete lunacy? Oh well maybe if they could have defended themselves… maybe they’d be alive.

Riiight. Or maybe we’d have more school shootings. What’s to stop said armed teacher from having a mental break and shooting up the school himself? What’s to stop a student from taking said gun and killing the teacher and other students? What’s to stop said teacher form raping a student now that they have guns to use to threaten students?

So I say again… THINK!!!

message 10: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

message 11: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I'm bored....

message 12: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 1395 comments Mod
Don't be bored. Be awesome instead.

Oh! Have you seen How I Met Your Mother? That's hours of entertainment if you haven't.

message 13: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I am awesomeness incarnated.

I have seen it and I love that show.

message 14: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

Are you all caught up? The new season is online. (:

message 15: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I am actually... Ooooh Wicked World came on! Thank you Black Betty you always know how to make me feel better.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Wicked World is such an amazing song.

message 17: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

It is....

message 18: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Okay so as most know I have a huge soft spot for kids. I am very protective of them. And as everyone knows I hate stupid people. So it should be no surprise how much I hate bad parents and stupid parents. The older I get the worse it seems parents are getting. Allow me to explain:

1) Letting your children scream in the library...

Okay so I basically live at the library. It’s my home away from home. But sometimes I want to burn it to the ground. Why? Because assholes can’t control their kids. When a kid starts screaming in the library You have few options. One you smack that little bastard. I’m not saying beat him/her. Just give them a smack in the mouth or something. That’s why I was such a well behaved kid. Option Two is you pick their happy ass up and you carry them out of the library. Three you put the fear of death into them! Do something!!! Because I swear if I hear one more of those little bastards scream in the library again… they're going to find their parents picture on a milk box!!

2) Allowing your kids to walk more than a foot in front of you...
Now a few months back I was helping my aunt with babysitting cause she had an appointment. So I went with her to watch the little girl, I also was going cause my aunt has a broken leg and can’t protect the little girl she babysits. I bring this up because not only was that girl not ever out of my sight. She also didn’t walk more than a foot in front of me. In fact my finger was inside her sweatshirt so she couldn’t walk ahead. Why? Because no one was going to touch that girl with me close by. Call me paranoid or whatever but the fact remains that girl was going nowhere and she was completely safe. But then other day I see a child of no more than 5 (a year older then the girl I was playing bodyguard too) walking by itself in the mall... or so I though until I realized the woman over two hundred feet away was its mother.

I swear that should be reason for homicide.

3) Letting your kids swear... Now its no secret I swear like a fucking sailor. But guess what I've only been doing that since I was 17. If I had done that before my mother would have kicked my ass six ways to Sunday then crucified my ass. Yet I hear 8 years old using the F word. In front of their parents. What. The. Fuck. Are you kidding me? You wonder why kids don’t have any respect? This is the fucking reason!!!You stupid pricks the wizard I hate you all!!!

Final words of this rants; Let’s start neutering stupid people. Because I’m sick of seeing them with children.

message 19: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

You'd think natural selection would take care of stupid people. But not enough receive a Darwin award.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Ox. Dude. You have issues.

message 21: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Mother

“Mother is the word for God on the lips and hearts of all children.” ~William Makepeace Thackery

So I began writing the Atheist and a Pacifist thing one so I could stop explaining the poem Shattered. And Two so I can write a little about myself. Things you wouldn’t know by talking to me. So here is one not about me but about the woman who raised me into the man I am today. My greatest role model, my mum A.K.A. Shorty. I have no good story to talk about from my childhood that fully represents my mum and the love I have for her. So… I’ll tell you about the day after I was born.

Okay so for those of you who have seen a picture of me you might have noticed the two scars on my lip and the crooked nose. This is from a birth defect called a bilateral clef lip and pallet. There is actually a picture of me in my profile pics when I was a baby (and one of my mom and me as a baby). Little Blurry but you can see the defects. I was actually born without a pallet (roof of your mouth). No one has any idea what causes it really. In India it is common because malnutrition, but all causes are still a mystery. Because I was anything but malnourished.

Well anyway so you know those windows where you can see all the babies in the nursery? I believe it has a name… dunno what it is though. But anyway. The day after I was born my mum walked over there to see me. How could she resist right? Who wouldn’t want to see their pure awesomeness incarnated? Again anyway she’s looking at me when this guy walks up to the window.

Now he has no idea who the woman next to him is. So the intelligent guy he was decided to talk. About me. And whoever my mother was. Making comments about how she must have been a drug addict. Must have drank while pregnant. Yeah… fucking douche. Okay before I go on let me describe my mother at the time. About 120 lbs, 4’11, and she had just given birth less than 24 hours before hand. But she is also… insane. In high school she had a nickname of Taz because of her wicked temper and her tendency to fight… a lot.

So with big mouth standing next to her insulting her and me, she snapped. Within seconds the guy was up against a wall, her hand wrapped around this guy’s throat. And she squeezed. The man’s face turned blue while she chocked him. It took four security guards and the head nurse to get my mum off this guy. Now as you can probably guess this would make quite the commotion.

So when a second woman who had just given birth (to twins) asked what was going on and why some woman was trying to kill her husband. The head nurse told her. The woman went nuts. She started screaming at her husband and actually told him to leave the hospital. The woman then looked to my mum and asked if she could see me. My mum refused. But the woman somehow talked her into it.

Upon seeing me the woman told my mum I was adorable. And awesome… okay she didn’t say I was awesome. But I’m sure she was thinking it! She told my mum there was nothing wrong with me. I think my mum needed to hear that. Needed to hear that it wasn’t her fault you know? Which it wasn’t. The doctors and some of the nurses didn’t help with that when I was born. Fucking pricks. Kept asking her what she took. But she hadn’t been on drugs. It was just a random birth defect. Eventually they realized that… the quacks.

So there you have it. That is the woman who raised me. I love my mum. I would go to hell and back for her. She is the anchor to my sanity.

message 22: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

Aha! I knew you were a cleft pallet baby!

message 23: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

lol as if the pictures in my profile weren't clue enough.

message 24: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

Some people just naturally snarl like that. (:

message 25: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

....? I was talking about my baby pictures Done.

message 26: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

I haven't seen your baby pictures, silly. I was talking about your grown up pictures. Where you can see the scars?

message 27: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Why don't you go look... then you'll see where those scars come from.

message 28: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Last Caress

Well I’ve got something to say…

this country has major problem with death. Now I could rant about pussies having to believe in some after life in order to even be able to ACCEPT death but I’m no mood to go on about that. No. This rant is about letting people die. Letting them rot in peace. Now of course as an atheist I do not believe in any realm of existence after this life. But that doesn’t mean I don’t respect the memories of people.

Case and point will be Whitney Huston. The woman died a year ago. Yet we still can’t let the woman die. Okay so she died around the Grammies last year so the show was heavily based on her. Okay. I can handle that. But now that’s a year fucking later we still can’t shut up? Seriously on Friday they had a thing about LAST year’s Grammies and Whitney Huston. What? The woman is dead! Let the bitch die!

Her kids are even trying to say she wasn’t the crack addict everyone knew her as. Yeah you dumb fucks let’s just forget all those times in the 90s she was arrested for crack possession. You know that’s what I think is the worst. Her own kids won’t let her die. Just as bad; her own mum won’t let her die.

This also pissed me off with Michael Jackson. How long did it take for them to let that pedophile die? They just never shut up about the guy. And then of course there was the ‘Who killed Michael?’ bullshit. Yeah who killed him so we can give them a fucking medal? FUCK! People are fucking stupid. How can anyone properly mourn with this bullshit going on? Oh oops I’m sorry, I forgot, no one mourns for famous people. They just try to make a buck off them instead.

But you know what really doesn’t make sense to me? You know what really Grinds My Gears? The fact that neither Whitney nor Michael did anything of note for ten years before their deaths. Well except crack and little boys. So why do we care that they’re suddenly dead? Were we waiting for a comeback from Whitney? The Wizard knows I would have loved to hear a song like Sweet Leaf from her but about Crack instead of pot. Would have been a huge hit I bet. Because stupid people would love it without knowing what it’s about.

Or Michael? What did Michael Jackson do, besides molest little boys, in the ten years before his death? Declared bankruptcy? Even though there is no way he could have run out of money. Neverland alone makes more money than I’ll ever see in my life.

So last words... LET THEM FUCKING DIE!!!!!

Sweet lovely death I am waiting for your breath oh sweet death one last caress…

message 29: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

Well actually, Michael Jackson was about to go on a huge comeback tour a few weeks after he died; he was so anxious about it that the doctor gave him pills. That worked out well, eh?

message 30: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I thought it did... Guy should have got a medal not prison...

message 31: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Scooby Doo needs to be put down

message 32: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Bahahahaha.

Richard, you just slaughtered all that I loved as a seven-year-old. Which is great, because I was an idiot.

message 33: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments -.- Thems fighting words Richard. (but it was a cool rant)

message 34: by Taylor (new)

Taylor So did I. It made me want to be a detective. Then I wanted to be an astronomer. Then a mortician. :D

message 35: by Taylor (new)

Taylor The books were the best. If I didn't have the villain figured out by page 5, I was doing something wrong. XD

message 36: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Djinn wrote: "-.- Thems fighting words Richard. (but it was a cool rant)"

lol what part of that was fighting words?

message 37: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments Richard wrote: "Djinn wrote: "-.- Thems fighting words Richard. (but it was a cool rant)"

lol what part of that was fighting words?"

Bashing Scooby, man. SMH. No taste that's all it is no taste for the classics.

message 38: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I enjoy the classics... Like Tom & Jerry. Pixie and Dixie. Looney Tunes. Scooby Doo is like the original brekfast club. We are each a pot head, a jackass, a whore, a great dane, and a brain.

message 39: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

I can think of a few things he'd still be good for. (:

message 40: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments LOL

message 41: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

@Kyle
Pixie and Dixie was a cartoon about two mouses in the 60s.

message 42: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments Richard wrote: "@Kyle
Pixie and Dixie was a cartoon about two mouses in the 60s."

Mr. Jinx was the cat. Pixie and Dixie were one of my favorites. XD

Kyle check this out.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlr_e4...

message 43: by Cassie (new)

Cassie  (CassieVylon) | 17 comments Djinn wrote: "Richard wrote: "@Kyle
Pixie and Dixie was a cartoon about two mouses in the 60s."

Mr. Jinx was the cat. Pixie and Dixie were one of my favorites. XD

Kyle check this out.... http://www.youtube.co..."

I still find that and watch that with my mom~ lol. That along wiht the original Tom & Jerry, Agry Beavers, and Looney Toons. c:

message 44: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)