For YA Writers and Lovers discussion

Movies > Movies from Books?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie (new)

Allie Should they continue to make movies from books? After Harry Potter's success, and now The Hunger Games's success, people apparently are trying to find the next book blockbuster. What books made good movies/would make good movies?

message 2: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) They ruin everything they touch. That's my personal opinion. Must everything be electronic and require no brainpower to enjoy? Is there something wrong with a regular old book on regular old paper?

message 3: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) I hope that they don't make any more YA books into movies. It ruins the magic.

message 4: by Kelsea (new)

Kelsea | 199 comments But the sad part is they are look on any upcoming movie lists for the coming YEARS and they already have them signed for contract :(

message 5: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) I know that's true, but 1) I don't have to like it and 2) I don't have to watch it. I just think that books are being ruined, so that they can be turned into entertainment for the small-minded variety of teenagers who have never read a book in their lives. (I know that I sound like an old grandpa, "Back in my day" etc, but really I'm just fourteen and I think that books are really important and these movies are ruining the need to read in order to get your daily dose of literature.

message 6: by Kelsea (new)

Kelsea | 199 comments Agreed

message 7: by Sienna (new)

Sienna | 35 comments Maren wrote: "They ruin everything they touch. That's my personal opinion. Must everything be electronic and require no brainpower to enjoy? Is there something wrong with a regular old book on regular old paper?"

I totally agree!