The Witches The Witches discussion

The witches

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Funny , scary,boring,shitttt,

Godiva3 A wonderful book!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

A great book! I started testing my friends to see if they were witches even though witches are WOMEN.

Bipasha it was an entertaining book when i read it at 10 years of age and it just as much fun when i read it last night!

Nichola Not too sure what your question is but I used to read this as a child and I recently read it to my nephew who loves it. Roald Dahl was a great story teller with a wicked imagination. His understanding of a child's desire to run amok and 'get one over' the adults around them is unequalled with any other children's writer I have come across.

message 6: by sim (new) - rated it 4 stars

sim I loved it. I read it when I was in 5th grade or something and then: I adored it.
Today: I still adore it! :D

Somerandom Loved this book. The movie scared the bejesus out of me when I was little. Roald Dahl understands the dark side of children's imagination and the ending was actually quite smart. No dues ex machina just honesty. You don't see that too often in kid's books nowadays. People seem to decry honest kid's books nowadays. Its quite sad.

Saffy The book was okay, I mean, it was better than the movie. The descriptions of the witches were unique and imaginative. I find that the traits of the witches in the movie suited the descriptions of the witches in the book. It looked fake though, well, the movie is sort of old. When did it even come out?

Somerandom Saffy wrote: "The book was okay, I mean, it was better than the movie. The descriptions of the witches were unique and imaginative. I find that the traits of the witches in the movie suited the descriptions of..."
The movie was released in 1990 I believe. It even has Mr Bean in it lol!

message 10: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen Stitch I saw the movie years ago when it first came out. I was beyond impressed with the face of the grand high witch. have always loved it! I liked the book, was disappointed the ending was different.

message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I always wished there had been a sequel to the book.

message 12: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Me too!

Ahmad My students started to think the miserable old woman next door that never threw back their balls was a witch. I had to give them lines when I found them plotting to burn her on a stake.

Julia Eliza wrote: "I always wished there had been a sequel to the book."

Definitely.

Jacobj It is a very interesting book.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

A funny, scary fantasy.