Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

The Bookish Common Room > 2012 Review: Did you reach your 2012 reading goal?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Me? Nop. I fell way way short. I started at 60, reduced by goal to 50, and as of today, I'm at 38. Blame life and the extra fun I had this year.

How about you? Did you reach the goal you started the year with?

message 2: by LynnB (new)

LynnB Yep, I did -- just about a week ago. My goal was 200 and I have currently finished 203.

message 3: by Agata Weronika (new)

Agata Weronika (aqueda_veronica) I'm totally underwhelmed by my performance... I could come up with excuses like switching careers and moving away to a different city but come to think of it it was also my yoga addiction. Barely over 20 is such an embarrassingly low number.

Samantha McNulty Yes, I did, for the first time in about 3years. So happy!

message 5: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Congrats, Lynn!

Aqueda, my under-40 number also feels abysmally low, but then I think I did read 38 (39 right now) books, and enjoyed most of them. I've been trying to drive myself towards more quality reading as opposed to more quantity reading, but it would feel great to say I read a lot more.

message 6: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Sam wrote: "Yes, I did, for the first time in about 3years. So happy!"

Yay, Sam! How many books were you targeting?

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnski723) This was my first year and I honestly didn't think I could read 50 books in one year but somehow I was able to actually read 56! 2013 I'm upping my goal to 60 (baby steps). Not only do I love the challenge of doing it, I love being able to look on a "shelf" and see just what I read when.

Shari*LoveMiKindle* I missed my 300 goal by 25 books. Maybe this year...

message 9: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 343 comments Mod
Yes, I did.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (kmgibson66) | 2 comments Yes, set a goal of 100 books...ended up reading 130!! For 2013, I have set my goal at 150 books.

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 394 comments No I didn't. I'd originally set my goal for 365 books for the year, but then cut it back to 300 when I realized that there was no way I was going to get to 365. My Mum's health was just too precarious and I spent a lot of time with her. And then she died in October, and, well--with having to take care of everything involved in that, I wasn't able to read anything at all for almost 4 weeks. So I missed the 300 goal by 2 books and the "original" goal by 67 books.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sorry to hear that, Ann.