Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Infinity Squad
This topic is about Infinity Squad
Self-Promo: Books and Blogs > Fun, fast, light military Sci-Fi!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shuvom (last edited Dec 24, 2012 07:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shuvom Ghose (shuvom_ghose) | 11 comments If anyone was looking for a fun, light military sci-fi book to read before bed that DOESN'T have hot chicks in space marine bikini armor on the cover, please check out my book, Infinity Squad! It's gotten good reviews, even one from the mod of this group!

The military has perfected cloning, (kind of), and instead of using it for the good of mankind, have decided to finally kick some bug ass, because soldiers who download into a cloned body when they die won't have any fear, right?

2nd Lt. Jonah Forrest doesn't want to die 10 times to give his General another medal. Because dying sucks. And a pointless war on some alien planet where everything is trying to kill you sucks. And then his 1st Lt. dies, which really sucks. And Infinity Squad is the story of what happens when Lt. Forrest and his Infinity Squad decide to do something about it.

I'm a Libertarian, but the book itself is lightly salted with freedom themes. (If you want to be beat over the head and shoulders with Libertarian themes, read Freehold instead.)

And don't worry, the hot chicks in space marine bikini armor are coming in "Infinity Squad 2: The quest for more squad!" (Kidding. Or am I?)

Thanks,
Shuvom

message 2: by Marina (last edited Dec 25, 2012 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
I can attest it truly is a very entertaining book. Hopefully a couple more people will read it so we can have a chat about it. I already linked my review elsewhere in the group.

Shuvom I have a spoiler question for you: when I got to the end of the book, the Hell Spiders reminded me of (view spoiler) Is that what inspired the concept for you or it just happens to have the same theme? In any case, I really liked that.

By the way why would you not mention Hell Spiders when promoting your book? I mean, really... Big selling point:)

Shuvom Ghose (shuvom_ghose) | 11 comments Masha,
Thanks! I didn't mention the Hell Spiders this time because there were only so many words people could read in a post- I just wanted to interest folks in the book page so they could read more.

The Spiders weren't inspired by what you mentioned- I just wanted them to be a cool race that embodied rational attitudes towards war, fighting for truly defensive reasons rather than for empire.

And I'd love to have a discussion about Infinity Squad- let me know when folks want it!

Shuvom

message 4: by David (new) - added it

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 15 comments Added to my Amazon wish list. :)