Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
This topic is about Wicked
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Wicked (Pretty Little Liars #5) by Sara Shepard → Start Date: December 26th, 2012

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Ruth Noemi and I will be starting this book on the 26th.

This is #5 in the Pretty Little Liars Series!

If you have already read 1-4, we'd love for you to join us!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I am interested to hear what you guys think of this book.. I am up to the ninth book so I won't be joining in on this buddy read unfortunatley. But I may hop into the discussion with you guys!

message 3: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I'm on book 10. I'm afraid that I'm too far ahead of everyone. But I can discuss. :)

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I am so excited! I would love for you guys to pop in as we read or when we're done!!

I love this series so I love talking about it! LOL!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It's a great series :) But I still hope it'd end soon :D

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments aright, so....how far did we want to read through today or tomorrow??? I'm open..... just let me know! I'll start it tonight!

message 7: by Ruth Noemi (new)

Ruth Noemi Rojas (httpwwwgoodreadscomcollinss66) | 344 comments I've already started...it's really good! I started Tuesday...

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I've already started too! I'm at chapter 5 I think.

I love how her books catch you up on the previous one if it's been a while....

ugh, I really dislike Isabel too! LOL! ;) off to read more! Jump in here and comment if you want to talk "who done it" or want to chat about the book!!!

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh, OMG!!!! Most embarrassing "foot in mouth" moment I think I've read in a book:

page 110 "I hate honeydew," she said primly. "It takes like sperm."

"Hanna," her father scolded.

Ugh!!! To say that in front of your dad!!! Just yuck! I think my husband would have a heart attack if our teenage daughter said that in front of him!!! lol

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It is SO unrealistic, right? I never ever talk like that in front of my father.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments at least it followed up with something about Hanna not knowing he was there....but still.... ewww... lol

message 12: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments O.o
No teenage girl would ever say that. Especially in front of her father.
Maybe the author used it as a way of getting Hanna's father's attention.

message 13: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Where are you all at so far in the book? What's the latest happenings?

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments um, I'm 1/2 through the book.
***** Don't read beyond if you arne't 1/2 way or haven't read the book! SPOILERS AHEAD! ******

Ian is out on bail and house arrest to see his dying mom

as soon as he got out, the A texts and emails began again

Ian just cornered Spencer in her backyard to tell her he didn't kill Ali

Spencer thinks she's been adopted (no 2 million for her)

Hanna is starting to snub Lucas for Kate, Riley and Naomi (which is so painful and making me mad at her!! GRR!)
Emily has a new....boyfriend maybe? They just went sledding
Aria's mom Ella just started dating Xavier and they had their first sleepover (AWKWARD!!!). Aria is struggling to try to understand why Xavier is giving mixed signals (eww!) and why Fitz hasn't contacted her at all..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love this series! LOL!

Am I about to hit some good stuff Sarah?? I can hardly wait! Is book 6 better?? or is it better when you get to 10??

message 15: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Yes. I'm not gonna spoil anything but I will say this: Your gonna hit some good stuff. I remember (I think) 9 being very interesting. I'm almost 50% done with the 10th book. Keep reading.The girls and their extreme paranoia just gets worse as the series continues.
The series is getting insanely long! There's supposed to be I think 13 or 14 books of the series that I know of and 1 spin-off out already and another spin-off coming out soon.

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 27, 2012 07:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments spin offs!?!??! what? how have I missed this?? what are the spin offs????

I'm totally good with a long series! LOL! I love these girls! I think I could read them for a long long time!

message 17: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I think its Pretty Little Secrets and Ali's Pretty Little Lies.
Ali's Pretty Little Lies isn't out yet but it's supposed to be about what happened before she was murdered.
And Pretty Little Secrets is like an "in-between book."
I think it's supposed to be set in-between books 4 & 5.. So I think she called it 4.5
These books are interesting and I love them, but I just want answers already! Lol.

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol

I read Pretty Little Secrets - as a buddy read actually lol! I got lucky and got to read it just before this one (#5) so I got to read it in order!

But yeah, I can see wanting to KNOW already! lol!

A book from Ali's perspective. That's almost scary, right?? She knew so many secrets and was so manipulative, competitive and...crazy..I can't imagine it from her side. Huh, I'll have to check that one out!!! Thx!!

message 19: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Yes. She was insane.
And it's gonna get very confusing later on in the series.
I think the book about Ali comes out in January, maybe.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments This is totally a great series, but I still want it to end at some point. Now it is a bottomless pit X)

message 21: by Ruth Noemi (new)

Ruth Noemi Rojas (httpwwwgoodreadscomcollinss66) | 344 comments Trisha wrote: "ugh, OMG!!!! Most embarrassing "foot in mouth" moment I think I've read in a book:

page 110 "I hate honeydew," she said primly. "It takes like sperm."

"Hanna," her father scolded.

Ugh!!! To say ..."

I hated that part. I agree. It's really disgusting.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Gisbelle wrote: "This is totally a great series, but I still want it to end at some point. Now it is a bottomless pit X)"

lol a bottomless pit!!! LOL! That totally made me laugh Gisbelle!!! hahahaha!!!

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay Ruth Noemi! You made it there!!! How is it going for you?? Where are you?? Are you shocked yet??

I'm even watching the tv series so I should have seen the end coming but I totally didn't - and I was so surprised.

Let me know where you are and what you think!!! I can't wait to hear!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "This is totally a great series, but I still want it to end at some point. Now it is a bottomless pit X)"

lol a bottomless pit!!! LOL! That totally made me laugh Gisbelle!!! hahaha..."

:P I feel this way, Trisha. I see no end to this series. And her Lying Game series as well. :)

message 25: by Ruth Noemi (new)

Ruth Noemi Rojas (httpwwwgoodreadscomcollinss66) | 344 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "This is totally a great series, but I still want it to end at some point. Now it is a bottomless pit X)"

lol a bottomless pit!!! LOL! That totally made me laugh Gis..."

Yes, I don't an end to this series. I honestly don't because just when I thought that Crushed (#13) was going to be the last one, it turns out there's another one she's going to write, which will be called Betrayed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was 50 and still reading this series...

Gisbelle | 27299 comments @Ruth:

Then we would tell our grand children the good ol' time when we just started the series. Hopefully we live to read the final book :)

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Ruth, are you almost done? Done?

I loved this one! what did you think?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I don't remember much about this one. It's been a long time since I read it :) But if you guys talk about it, maybe it can trigger my memory :D

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Ruth, were you able to finish this one?? still pluggin through?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments When will you guys read book 6? Let me know ahead alright? I want to continue this series before it reaches 20 books.

message 31: by Ruth Noemi (last edited Jan 08, 2013 05:35AM) (new)

Ruth Noemi Rojas (httpwwwgoodreadscomcollinss66) | 344 comments Yes! I finally have! It was alright. I heard she was only going to write four, and then she wrote Wicked. Well, for a book that wasn't even planned, it was actually pretty good. Gisbelle-Okay. Oh, and thanks for making me have a good laugh lol. I'm sure our grand children would love it.;)

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! I'm glad you were able to finish it Ruth!!

let me know when we want to read book 6!! :D

Gisbelle, maybe next month, in February!?!?

message 33: by Ruth Noemi (new)

Ruth Noemi Rojas (httpwwwgoodreadscomcollinss66) | 344 comments I think it might be a while before I read book 6.;)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "Yay! I'm glad you were able to finish it Ruth!!

let me know when we want to read book 6!! :D

Gisbelle, maybe next month, in February!?!?"

February sounds good! I will be less busy by then :)