Super Hero High discussion

General Areas > Lounge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 297 (297 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Abigail , Head mod and marvel know it all (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 1489 comments Mod
This is where they all hang out

message 2: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 444 comments Mod
Five circles of twine couches levitated comfortably from strings over their seats attached to a complicated mechanism on the ceiling itself. It had a spider web of ridges, a system both complex and convenient which enabled students to push the couches to the walls without ever having them scrape into the carpeting.

Various chandeliers crystallized the little light shinning in, casting an eerie glow on the floors. Patches of icy light.

Pressing his back against the vent door, it fell deftly onto the carpet.

Gambit pulled himself out and placed a hand in the dark, a gesture to help his partner in crime.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Ghost took his hand and got out of the vent. She had some dust clinging to her clothing and her long, black hair was a bit of a mess. Other than that, she looked ready for action and very determined.

She scanned the room, but didn't spot any of her classmates or people in white.

message 4: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"Der were no lights here, t'ought de janitor must of left it all dark," the remaining students were probably in the ancient, Cold War bomb shelter (where they kept an abundance of gas masks, radiation suits of all shapes and sizes, Russian dictionaries and lots of canned spam). It was the ultimate hide away when the school underwent an attack.

Normally, the school would fight back and lazer projectiles would zim up and shoot the white masked men but those were under construction.

Gambit whistled, "Wew, nice place y'got here. Too bad for de renovation we're 'bout to do."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "Define 'renovation'," she replied, raising her eyebrows. She looked at Gambit, but kept her senses open in case a sneak attack came.

message 6: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"How high up in de ceiling do you think these couches can be raised?" He looked up at them with glimmers of admiration, "Say, you ever seen de ol' Batman series? De kaboom, de Wapash."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "'Wapash'? No, I have not seen the old Batman series. Feel free to tell me about it though," she responded, half meaning it. She frowned slightly, considering his first question.

Finally, Ghost shrugged. "Not quite sure. But we can always find out, eh?"

message 8: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

Gambit quickly found the couch cranes which held the whole string fest--it was in a closet.

He broke open his Dollar Tree bag and through its contents all over the floor. It looked like a party clown had puked all over the carpet. Confetti packets, mardi gras necklaces, those metallic birthday streamers. "Aw pity, well in dat series dey had de craziest death traps. Sharks and colourful chain reaction villain stuff. Dat's what we're gonna do," they just weren't going to speak completely in puns. That would be less then puuuuurfect.

"Ghost, can ya open does streamer packets, I'll help ya teepee de couches just make sure der all touchin' at one place."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "I'm starting to think that you need some help, Gambit. Mentally," Ghost said, but picked up the streamer packs. She opened them, all the while thinking that this would end up being like a deadly circus.

message 10: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"De villains in does t'ings never won but I t'ought, since dis is reality..."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "Say no more." Jaze glanced over to where the door was, aware that the dudes in white could find them any minute. Honestly, she was fine with helping out Gambit with his trap. She, however, was also fine with finding the people who'd invaded her school and smacking them upside the head.

message 12: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 29, 2013 01:28AM) (new)

((Time skip?))

The couches lifted with empty steamers on the ceiling like ghosts of hanging men who'd died partying the New Year.

It was only one at night but with all the prepping and primping, a new dawn was rising up and there was always a chance of it blowing through the roof.

Still, Rémy didn't find himself too concerned because his mind was taken by mixes of things like the unrest provoked by police brutality or the ruthless enforcement of inhumane laws on students who hadn't learned to count to ten. He liked the idea of beating a system of droids from the underbelly of society. It was gratifying.

There was no knowing what those creature's had come for but if it was to be met with violence first just for having gifts beyond science, those things would not like meeting the whole faculty of here. No sir-y, this would be bloody Sunday.

Unrolling a long line of tape from the hallway, Gambit came back grinning his ears off. He offered a hand.

"Last step to success, shâ."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Sure.))

Ghost looked up at the couches, then at Gambit's crazy grin. "Something tells me that you're enjoying this more than you should be," she responded, raising an eyebrow.

She looked at the tape, then at his outstretched hand, having nearly no clue where this was going.

message 14: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"Or I'm a really good actor," he said moving to the string closet which kept all the couches floating. It occurred that those couches were probably extremely expensive so Gambit had attempted charging on earlier--it had the desired result. They were all pleather. Not that the scheme wouldn't have worked with one piece being organic material, it was just much easier this way.

He rolled his eyes at her lack of response time and instead motioned for her to follow.

"You seem like the Greek History type. Y'ever heard o' Odysseus? Well, I couldn't get melted wax 'nough for you so I bought dese earplugs instead," They were cheap things, packaged in a thin plastic bag.

They crouched in the string closet, Gambit touching the mesh of strings like they were his harpsichord. After a couple times of reaching for a note, he pinched two and began giving them a soft, sunset, magenta glow.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Ghost raised her eyebrows, but shrugged and took the earplugs. She opened the small bag while eyeing the two strings that were now glowing. She decided not to ask and instead put in the earplugs.

I wonder how this'll go, she thought.

message 16: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

With a funny twanging noise, he let go of one of the strings. The pink energy had fed somewhere else down the line because it was no longer on the side of rope he held.

Outside there was a cheery fizzing and then, from far off (probably from the front staircase), a series of firework cracks travelled down, nearer and nearer. Their sudden attacks deafening, each taking off and causing mass chaos outside.

The marchers of several fleets uttered muffled something's behind their masks.

"Don't like doin' this inside," Gambit said thoughtful, "The roof might collapse," then he shrugged like that was no big deal.

Once the arsenal was done, a rallies of feet clambered up their hallways.

"So... y'got any idea how we're gonna get out o' here once I let go o' de second string?" He really hadn't thought of that.

They were in a closet, surrounded by a minefield of ceiling explosives not five meters away and their armed targets had a grudge and a fright.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Ghost stared at him in disbelief. "The ceiling might collapse and we might not be able to get out?! You seem to have a talent of not saying all the details," she said, looking annoyed and angry at the same time.

She glared at him, then started thinking about the situation. If the roof collapsed, they would have no chance of getting out of the closet. She didn't like that. If the ceiling didn't collapse however, they might have a small chance of being able to get out without exploding.

A small chance that she had yet to figure out.

message 18: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Jun 05, 2013 04:25PM) (new)

"I could blast t'rough de wall behind us," he placed a palm on the wall to motion a demonstration, "But not de whole wall and I don't know what it leads to behind here," he shook his head, looking at her from the corner of his bangs, "D'you know?"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Ghost frowned and thought about it. She had most of the school memorized, so figuring it out shouldn't be very hard. She looked at the wall, tapping her chin. "Probably the computer lab or another hallway," she said after a moment.

message 20: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"Does are two very different t'ings, petite," he said, the clone wars not paces away, "Computers mean shrapnel and hallways are freedom," he peaked his eye through the keyhole, their singular source of closet lighting, not that these two night owls needed it, "We'll only have a bit of getaway time so be ready to scram. We're gonna scram real soon--" The imposing metal clanging of automatic rifles being targeted in blind abandon, the pressure of knowing they were out to kill and the memory of not being able to take them all before flashed.

Remy looked up, only to spot an attic door's lining in the dark.

"Pssst," he said, looking up again.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Ghost looked up, where he was looking. Sometimes, she couldn't believe when luck decided to show up. But she didn't say that out loud, for fear of jinxing it.

"Okay then. Instead of causing more damage to my school, we can go up to the attic," she said simply. "I like that idea better."

message 22: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Jun 05, 2013 04:42PM) (new)

If she was angry at his previous idea, she was going to be furious at this one after it was done.

"Need a lift, Ghost?" His back was arched from crouching at the string, "Y'able t'hoist y'arself up?"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Sorry for late reply.))

She looked up at the attack door, judging if she'd be able to make it up. She wasn't about to over-estimate herself. "Most likely," she answered, now looking at Gambit. "And as soon as you let go of that string, you better not ditch me."

message 24: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Jun 08, 2013 12:12AM) (new)

Despite that being the original plan, he oohed and awed, "I knew you cared!" Before saying, "Let's make dis quick, shall we?" He helped her spring herself up into the dark ceiling square, elbowing her feet up before she slipped out again. Although that would be funny, the risks attached one piece of string outweighed the factor exponentially.

Gambit was assured in all certainty that if anyone where to look up, they wouldn't glimpse her figure in the slightest.

"Go find yo' friends, I'll take care of dese," One other jot of prickling energy shot down his arm and he turned, "What are y'lookin' at! Go. I'll hang a left wit' you, don't worry," he grinned thumbing to himself, "Dis one's like a cockroach. I might survive."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Ghost sighed, shaking her head. "'Might'," was her only response. She then did a two fingered solute and crept away from the attic door.

She pushed aside the thought of the roof collapsing and thoughts of Gambit getting seriously injured as she went through the attic. Now that she was in the attic, she had to figure out how she'd get out and where she'd end up. Fun.

message 26: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

((I would have sent her after this on person in a classroom, sitting alone but the roleplayer deleted themselves--they had met too many one liners for their line count of seven. Heck, they even roleplayed seven lines to one word.

One liners are not a way to treat someone.))

The party couched pummeled down on the unsuspecting villains, blowing up at contact like no metaphor imaginable. Nothing rained down like these couches except perhaps falling, concussive anvils hitting land mines.

The skin of streamers upon them swelled up and their buzzing particles blackened the room with little to no smoke. Jarring and scorching the once pristine rec room with blasts of impressive force.

Unfortunately it also took would have taken the door to Remy's closet if he hadn't charged it up when in time with the shrapnel, his hand out and palm on the fake wood of door.

The door blew up in the opposite direction, protecting him from the bits and pieces flying. It was like hitting a tornado with another tornado.

"Bonjour les gars," he drawled, gazing upon the mess of people slammed into walls, "Qui ici est conscient?"

He narrowly missed a flying tranquilizer dart and narrowed in on the bloke. "Y'so angry," he hoisted that person from their collar, hiding the signs of his scorching body which ached from over use, "Why y'here?" He growled.

There was a shushed sound from behind their mask, "Speak up, I got no patience."

Little did he see, the ceiling had also taken some of the brunt from his work and the walls were cracking around all sides but mostly the ones with the windows.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) Thalia sat down on a couch. She looked at her feet.

message 28: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

((Um, the couches are kinda suspended on strings and most of the room is suffering from debree from explosions.
It's the after affects of an ambush. The school's being attacked.))

message 29: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

((Would you like ta help?))

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) (oh ok.......)

Thalia looks around. It was her first day here. She didn't know what to do.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) (sure)

(she doesn't know what's going on though)

message 32: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 16, 2013 02:49PM) (new)

Someone was holding a white suited man's collar and pinning him to a wall. The whole room was charred with black, sizzling furniture as men in white laid still in agony, moaning and groaning. It was like the inside of a broken microwave, crispy black walls smelled of burned popcorn.

"Cain't ya speak, y'lump?" The guy gritted to the man he was pinning.

Behind him, the windows were slowly cracking, ice thin on a lake style. The aggressor saw them, looked at the ceiling and suddenly dived for Thalia. He caught her in mid jump and rolled her out of the room, protecting her head. Behind them, the ceiling collapsed.

Red and black eyes blinked a ton as he lay her down to the floor, gingerly, swiping away the debree from where he'd set her down.

"Yo' not hurt, are y'?" He said desperately, then, forcing a lazy smile he added, "I'll pay fo' dat."

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) "I'm fine." She said. Thalia looked at him

message 34: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Sep 05, 2013 08:50PM) (new)

He stood up, a sideways smile sliding across his handsome face, "You're confused. Shouldn't y'be more scared?" he held out a hand to help her up, his other wiping away the dust from his jacket, "Y'just watched twenty guys get pancaked by a roof top--it's not a kind sight."

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) She took his hand and stood up. "I've seen people die before." She said plainly.

message 36: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Sep 05, 2013 08:51PM) (new)

Hooking around at the hallways like a Greek in the maze of the Minotaur, standing strait but also relaxed, it was no use keeping his muscles strained for no good reason, not if he was trying to slip out of an ambushing grip.

Eyes sliding towards her, he nodded sagely, not really able to think of a smart comment in reply to savage dryness, he continued to scan the surroundings.

Suddenly, he tipped his head, smiled at her, "We should get y'out of here."

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) From the ceiling collapsing, it was hot. She felt the hotness. Her hands started turning red from its usually paleness.

message 38: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 16, 2013 03:40PM) (new)

In the forefront of his mind, he listened for the rattling from the attic, a sick bout of fear spreading to his throat and coating it.

Non, his friend was a smart ghost. There would be no dead undead without something to have show from her wrath. It made him wonder, what if when she died or was in trouble, she cloaked herself in darkness and dissipated from the human eye? There would be no way to find her. Ghost would then be the imaginary friend a street urchin like him should be babbling to, he thought bitterly, keeping his face flat of emotion. No one would believe him about her existence.

His eyelids lowered, red mesh in black looked to his right to the girl he'd found. She was pale, older than he expected a student to be. Her short shorts rode up and he tried not to pay too much attention to that.
Remy's gaze froze when he saw the beginnings of an unfreezing. He knew it was bad, his stomach clenching at her reaction to it.

"They're not gonna blow up, are dey?" He motioned to her hands.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) "Huh?" She said. Thalia looks at him. Her hands extremely red.

message 40: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 16, 2013 03:47PM) (new)

"Tes main, your hands," he translated, "What's wit' de glowin'?" To him, that's what it looked like. Her hands seemed to start glowing red from the alabaster. Like lights were clinging on under the woodwork of her skin.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) "I- I don't know." She said. Thalia tries to stand up.

message 42: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 16, 2013 04:03PM) (new)

He should have known it was blood. Warmth flushing her cheeks profusely. Remy steadied her with his hand again. His hands in comparison were very, very warm. Far past the body temperature of a normal human being, like toast instead of bread. Hers were freezing. The ice particles sticking to his hand like a tongue to a frozen pole. He used his other hand to narrowly keep her on her feet, resting it in the middle of her back as a dancer would. Venetian watlz.

"It's not m'buisness but y'lyin'," he lowered his head to meet her eyes, pinning her there, "Your hands are freezin', chère," his voice was deep and smooth, full of concern.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) "I-Im not trying to freeze them." She says. Her head was spinning. It felt so hot to her.

message 44: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

Oh s***. She was about to faint.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) Thalia tries to keep steady. She looks at him. Her eyes starting to close.

message 46: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 16, 2013 04:17PM) (new)

Heaven enlighten me on what I'm supposed to do, Gambit thought, edging to feel her slowly giving up. She couldn't be serious! During a raid? One does not just knock out during a raid, those cooyon's could come back. She hadn't even been hit yet.

"Fillette, y'have to stay awake. Fallin' asleep next to a mere stranger is sure way to get an STD," lucky he wasn't like that but who knew what those masked cooyon's were here for. Pedophiles weren't completely bellow them--they'd attacked a school. What for, he hadn't the slightest, "I can't look afta y'," he shook her lightly.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) She eyes opened. They were ice colored instead of grey. She her legs were still normal colored. She looked at him and tried to unfreeze.

message 48: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 16, 2013 04:31PM) (new)

He cursed upon hearing the marching of many metallic feet. Pulling her to him, he took her to the shadows of a unmarked door, shielding her as they marched by.

It was like an Indiana Jones movie. Raiders of the mutant children.

Tightening his grip, he hauled her to his elbow and cradled her form with one arm instead of the usual sling over the shoulder post rescuers did. This brought a smirk to his lips as he peaked out to check the perimeters. If this girl knew who he was, she wouldn't be trusting him with anything, not even her goldfish. His sticky fingers held her up from toeing the floor. Her hair peaked from the shadows, long and undulating.

Seeing her eyes, his heart skipped, clearly whatever was going on it was far past her control. The ice was starting to inch up his jacket arm.

"Shhh, chérie," he warned, "Y'gonna kill us bot'."

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) She tried to control it. Thalia looks at him. Her eyes look like ice where her iris is. His jacket started defreezing.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Blood Bone and Muscle wrote: "((I'd never heard of the Enchantress before--while the others, heh-heh-heh...

Here's a simple thing to get this rolling. How 'bout we go around looking for actual good guys and try to warn them of the danger.))"

((I would like to say yes, but it seems I missed some Rp. Lemme read your posts. :)

The Enchantress is an Asgardian. Thor doesn't like her. (view spoiler)))

« previous 1 3 4 5 6