Rockism 101 discussion

Head To Head match-up: > Skinny Pants vs Pants On The Ground

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments skinny pants?

I see the teens in the suburbs are still wearing them.

What do you think?

Yeah or Nay?

message 2: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments Nay. Unattractive. "There is a war" on masculinity in America. (I love when Fox News declares a war on everything.

message 3: by Jack (new)

Jack | 52 comments they look better on females than males.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Shrieves (sarashrieves) | 24 comments Men/boys should never wear skinny jeans. Ever. I don't care if you're metro, straight, gay...whatever. It just looks ridiculous. Well okay maybe if you're gay and that's what you're into. But that's the only exception. And some male rock stars. Like Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger. ;P

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 218 comments Mod
Sara wrote: "Men/boys should never wear skinny jeans. Ever. I don't care if you're metro, straight, gay...whatever. It just looks ridiculous. Well okay maybe if you're gay and that's what you're into. But ..."

Agreed. Never ever.

message 6: by Ed (last edited Dec 28, 2012 09:00AM) (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments I have to say that at least skinny pants are better than the baggy pants where half the kids ass is hanging out and you can see his underwear and he walks around pulling his pants up every three seconds.

Maybe the skinny pants are a counter measure to the baggy pants. And hopefully one day these two fueding fashions can meet somewhere in the middle, sorta like the Dems and Repubs on the fiscal cliff negotiations...oh wait a minute! Scratch that - not a good example at all!

message 7: by Sara (last edited Dec 28, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Sara Shrieves (sarashrieves) | 24 comments Ed Wagemann wrote: "I have to say that at least skinny pants are better than the baggy pants where half the kids ass is hanging out and you can see his underwear and he walks around pulling his pants up every three se..."

No see because then the problem is they wear the skinny jeans and sag those as well!! So then it literally looks like they have dirty diapers on. Because the pants are all tight on their legs and only loose around their butts. Just so...arrrgh! It is just the most mind-blowingly idiotic thing I have seen in such a long time. I drop my step-daughter off every day at school and have to endure this and thankfully she thinks it's idiotic as well (she's 16). So I don't have to see some boy show up at my house looking like that.

Fashion and music have just dive-bombed in the last ten years. It's all just completely awful. I'm only 33 but I seriously feel like one of my grandparents right now grumbling, "Back in my day people had style and the music was GOOD!" Oh well. :( Maybe in the 20's?

message 8: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments Well I was a teenager in the 80s - so I shouldnt really criticize anything the kids wear nowdays...

message 9: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments Sara wrote: "Fashion and music have just dive-bombed in the last ten years. It's all just completely awful. I'm only 33 but I seriously feel like one of my grandparents right now grumbling, "Back in my day people had style and the music was GOOD!" Oh well. :( Maybe in the 20's?
"

OMG, Sara, I knew I was getting old (will be 33 on the 23rd) when I first uttered those words, "Back in my day..." I had to stop and laugh. I also say, "Oh God, teenagers." Too freaking funny!!

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara Shrieves (sarashrieves) | 24 comments Tanjlisa wrote: "OMG, Sara, I knew I was getting old (will be 33 on the 23rd) when I first uttered those words, "Back in my day..." I had to stop and laugh. I also say, "Oh God, teenagers." Too freaking funny!!"

Well I am glad I am not the only one!! I know that my mom would think I'm crazy for thinking OUR generation had the good music and clothes though...so I guess things never change, huh? ;)

But then actually I think my parents' generation was pretty cool too! So that seems unfair. :/ lol

message 11: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments William wrote: "I watched one moron once with jeans so loose that they literally fell down as he walked."

I've seen that too, they walk around with one hand always holding on to their britches bascially. It takes a special kind of stupid to walk around like that imo.

message 12: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments Its so cold outside today that I saw a teenage boy with his pants pulled up!

message 13: by Sara (last edited Mar 19, 2013 04:16PM) (new)

Sara (principessa_sara) | 20 comments That depends on the man/boy. I like it when I can see well the shape of a guy's butt, so I guess I tend to go more toward skinny jeans. But that depends on the man's body and what's his style.
Oh, and I hate guys wearing their pants with the waistband almost under their butt just to show us their underware. Ridiculous.

message 14: by Rock (new)

Rock Ism | 284 comments Mod
Doesn't wearing your pants low signify that you like to take it up da butt?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 88 comments I agree the 'low rider' pants style... ridiculous. Pull your pants up, or just go pant-less if you want to flash your underwear to everyone. Although, back in the 80's I was rockin' those skinny jeans. Although I was all twiggy lookin' as a kid around that time, so skinny jeans were all that fit.

But I can remember some messed up fashion fads in the past.