Shoreline View Stables discussion

Riding Lessons > Advanced private lesson for Sasha (Brodie)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Canterwood (new)

Canterwood | 73 comments Mod
PRIVATE LESSON FOR : SASHA
ON: DOLLY
WORKING ON: JUMPING

message 2: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Jan 16, 2013 05:33PM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha walked into the stables and when to go get dolly she was in her stall sleeping she walked in and pat her in the neck "hi there dolly i woke you up there didn't i sorry" she grabed her halter and lead her out to tack her up. she grabled the tack and a carrot and gave it to her. when she was done she walked her to the arena. she mounted and walked dolly around.

message 3: by Canterwood (new)

Eleanor arrived to the arena and smiled. She placed five jumps 2' high.

"Sasha, walk Dolly for a couple laps and then pick up a nice collected trot."

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha nodded and waled dolly around. Then got her into a collected trot, she pated dolly on the neck

message 5: by Canterwood (new)

"Good. Tell me about Dolly."

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments well she is a thorougbred but not in my photo she is a really good jumper she is the best horse i had her my whole life

message 7: by Canterwood (new)

Eleanor smiled.
"Okay. Show me how you jump her."

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments ok sasha turned dolly towards the first jump and dolly eyed the jump and jumped it prefeicly, then the second before she knew it they where flying over all of them. when they came over the last one she leaned forward and patted dolly and said good girl.

message 9: by Canterwood (new)

"Great! I love your technique! Let her walk so she can catch her breath than pick up a nice and smooth collected canter."

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments ok, sasha walked dolly till she was not panting so much a few mins later sasha put dolly in an collected canter

message 11: by Canterwood (new)

Taylor smiled and place some poles and a couple vertical jumps.
"Okay. Dolly seems very eager to jump so let's practice. You are going to canter towards the first pole + vertical then change direction in the second corner to the other one. After, you shall quicken Dolly's pace and change leads WITHOUT letting her trot. She will jump the second pole + vertical and you will do a half halt and count three strides to the third jump. I know this is very a detailed course but i need to tell you where to go and what to do. Then, canter towards the last jump but loosen your reins. I want to see her have full movement with her head. This is very tricky. Most rider will lean foward too much. I want you to lean slightly foward, the jump isn't big enough to lean foward alot." Taylor said, smiling at Dolly and Sasha.

message 12: by Canterwood (new)

Sorry my name is Eleanor i forgot xD

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments ok sasha canter dolly towards the first jump she saw how high it was and she knew dolly would jump it and she did,then she changed dirertion in the second corner to the other one and quiked dolly's pace and change her lead. they came towards the second jump and jump it ocwrodly and half halted her and counted three strides, then came the third jump they did it. dolly stubled a bit they went in to a canter towards the last jump, sasha leaned forward just a little then dolly eyed the jump and slide to a stop, sasha turned her around and sqeaed her legs agents her and doly jumped it. sasha walked dolly and thought wow what happened there.

message 14: by Canterwood (new)

''You started great then you lost focus. You let Dolly loose focus also. Next time, make her stay focused all along. Walk her a couple laps and do it again. This time, i want to see your 150%.'' Eleanor said, lowering her head.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments ok sasha said and nodded at eleanor, she walked her around untile she was readly agian.

then sasha put dolly in a canter she knew dolly was readly ,she leaned forward and patted her neck and said " you can do this girl i know you can i know you are ready show her what you got" they turned towards the firse jump and dolly and sasha had all eyes on the jump no matter what dolly tuck off and it look like they where pused in mid air. they leaned prefeicly then she changed dirertion in the second corner to the other one and quiked dolly's pace and change her lead then the second they where flying, she half halted dolly and counted three strides, then they came towards the jump they jumped it. they cater towards the last jump and sasha sqeaded her legs agiants dolly and thought please dolly you can do it. befor you knew it they leaned befor you can blink.
sasha slowed dolly and dropped her mouth and looked at eleanor.
good girl dolly sasha said

message 16: by Canterwood (new)

Eleanor nodded. Eleanor Caice was very severe. Rarely you'd get a complement. ''Better, but very quick. My estimated time was 1 minute and you did 53 seconds. That is way too fast. Even if she really is into you cannot let her win. You need to control the pace because if it was any quicker, she would've risked an injury at her speed. But better technique overal. And i have to admit you guys are a great team. Now, i'm sure Dolly is tired to slow her down to a walk and show me an extended walk.'' Eleanor said.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha nodded she walked dolly and moved her into an extened walk, sasha relaxed in the saddle as she walk dolly around

message 18: by Canterwood (new)

Eleanor smiled and took the jump down. She placed them in the poles and jumps storage room and walked back to Dolly. ''Okay. Canter two laps then halt.''

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha nodded egered dolly into a canter her in a lap, sasha relaxed in the saddle and enjo dolly's smooth fun canter she loved cantering. after they were done they halted and patted dolly's sweely neck

message 20: by Canterwood (new)

''Great. Let's focus on dressage now. Please send Dolly to a spanish walk.''

message 21: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Dec 27, 2012 06:35PM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha looked at eleanor and said
WHAT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO DRESSAGE I DON'T DO IT

message 22: by Canterwood (new)

Eleanor jumped. Yelling at her much?!
''Brodie. Get out of my class and come back when you have a proper attitude.'' she said, walking towards Dolly and leading her out. ''IF, you would've said it nicely, i would've teached you, but now, i'M sorta kinda mad. Have you learned about this thing called politeness? Guess not. Now,when your ready, your going to come back and apologize. Do you understand me?''

message 23: by Canterwood (new)

((not mad at you in real life though, just my character :) ))

message 24: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Dec 28, 2012 04:56PM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments o yes i do
( but i really did not mean to yell i just put it in capitols sorry)

message 25: by Canterwood (new)

okay sorry forget my comment.

''Well, your in the advanced lesson so you should know. Try, comon.'' Eleanor said, crossing her arms.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments ok what do i do just walk her ?

message 27: by Canterwood (new)

''Forget it,'' Eleanor said, rubbing her hand on her head. ''Just-''
A rider came in with his horse. The rider himself was pretty cute. He had brown hair with blue eyes and straw was covering his coat. He was leading a big brown horse.
''Um, Mrs. Caice. Zeus is back.'' he said, giving the reins to Eleanor.
Speechless, Eleanor grabbed the reins and dismissed the young boy, Kyle. She looked at Brodie.
''Brodie, unmount Dolly and saddle up Zeus. He isn't too big so i think Dolly's saddle and girth may fit him. A good rider can ride well with other horses too.'' Eleanor said.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments o ok sasha dismounted and tuke the saddle off dolly and put it on zeus

( hey i have to go will you be on toworrom ?)

message 29: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Feb 17, 2013 11:23AM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha mounted zeus and walked him around and said what do you want me to do with him ?

message 30: by Canterwood (new)

"Let's see. Zeus is a very excitable horse, so start by trotting him around then canter and change leads without making him trot."

message 31: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Jan 16, 2013 05:30PM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments ok sasha mounted and troted him around then picked up her rains and got him in a canter and change leads making sure he did not go into a trot

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha looked at elanlor and said now what do you want me to do

message 33: by Canterwood (new)

Eleanor nodded and placed a few jumps.
"You can jump these. Zeus jumps about 5 feet high so let's jump him at 3. Are you okay with that?"

message 34: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Feb 17, 2013 11:23AM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments ok sasha said nd started troting around

message 35: by Canterwood (new)

Eleanor nodded.
"Go jump them now."

message 36: by Brodie I LOVE HORSES :) (last edited Feb 17, 2013 11:26AM) (new)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha nodded and truned him towads the first jump they jumped it beautifuly then the jump sasha counted the sride and made it over it then came the 3 come one in a few mintes they where flying over them then the last one came and zeus looked at it and slid to a stop and sasha almost fell over but she turned him around and did it agian and made over.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments sasha looked at eleanor and said what do i do next ?

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments (Hello are you there ? You have not replayed

message 39: by Canterwood (new)

(Sorry I had massive exams and I had stopped reading CC. But I'm back and as happy as ever! :D )

Eleanor nodded.
"Next time, I want you to count the strides out loud and go back to the last jump. If you feel Zeus slowing down, use this crop."
Eleanor gave Sasha a crop.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments O ok Sasha moved her horse into a canter and turned her to the last jump.she counted the strides and then she could felt her horse start to slow down she used the crop and they made it.

message 41: by Canterwood (new)

"Excellent! Go to a walk to cool him down and you can leave the lesson. When is your next lesson? Oh, and Dolly is in the outdoor pasture if you need her." Eleanor said, brushing her wavy hair out of her face.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments Ok Sasha said and she walked the horse around
Ummmmmm I don't know when my next lessons is

message 43: by Canterwood (new)

((Let's pretend we are tomorrow x) ))

Eleanor entered the arena, waiting for Sasha to arrive. Today, we were going to work on XC.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments Sasha walked in with dolly
( what's xc )

message 45: by Canterwood (new)

(It's cross-country. :D )

"Did Dolly ever do XC before?" Eleanor asked, watching the beautiful mare move.

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments (Umm I don't know I don't even know what that is )

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments O yea ok I know dolly has never done that. Can I make another horse or no ?

message 49: by Canterwood (new)

(You can or we can lend you a school horse.)

Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)  (canterwoodcrestlover) | 51 comments O ok sure a school horse would be good

« previous 1