Historical Fictionistas discussion

Recommendations? > James Douglas - The black Douglas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mkdotson) | 14 comments Look for more books dedicated to this Scotsman. The trilogy on Robert the Bruce by N. Gemini Sasson focuses on him and I really enjoyed his story

message 2: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I was just looking at this trilogy....it really caught my interest. I believe that THE CROWN IN THE HEATHER is book one, I may treat myself to a x-mas gift.

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie Macpherson (goodreadscommarie_macpherson) | 53 comments There's a historical study of the Douglas clan that might interest you, Melanie. Black Douglases: War and Lordship in Medieval Scotland, 1300-1455 by Michael Brown.
(I'm more interested in the Red Douglases - the Earls of Angus!)

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mkdotson) | 14 comments NayNay wrote: "I was just looking at this trilogy....it really caught my interest. I believe that THE CROWN IN THE HEATHER is book one, I may treat myself to a x-mas gift."

NayNay you are correct Crown in the Heather is the first one, let me know how you like it :)

Melanie

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mkdotson) | 14 comments Marie wrote: "There's a historical study of the Douglas clan that might interest you, Melanie. Black Douglases: War and Lordship in Medieval Scotland, 1300-1455 by Michael Brown.
(I'm more interested in the Red..."

Thank you for the information. I am intrigued in learning more of the family as well.

Melanie