52 Books in 52 Weeks (2012) discussion

Reviews. > Week52. (23 - End of the year 2012)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ali (new)

Ali (alialghamdi) | 124 comments Mod
THIS IS IT. WE REACHED THE END!

"In this thread, everyone will post their reviews/opinions of the book they have read this week AFTER you rate/review it on your page. The purpose of this is so everyone can see what you read this week and read your review without having to visit each profile. Some of you have their profiles locked, so this saves you the trouble of unlocking it.

ANY COMMENTS THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO THAT MATTER WILL BE DELETED.

The format will be like this:

Name of book.
Author.
n/5 stars.

"Your simple opinion/extended review/one word that expresses what you thought of the book. GO CRAZY! Anything counts. Don't feel pressured."

Link to your review.

Also, this allows us to be organized, so even if a member didn't log in for about a month, they can add the book they've read to the appropriate thread.

THANK YOU ALL!

EDIT:
As I've mentioned in the guidelines, one word or a simple opinion counts as a 'review'. I only called it that because Goodreads calls it that."

Now let's see your achievements, awesome people.

message 2: by M (new)

M Naser (modidoody) | 54 comments I can't believe we are finally there :( it was really awesome meeting you people :) i wish all the best
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
Veronica Decides to Die
by: Paulo Ceolho
4/5
It is hard not to like a Paulo Coelho book!
The book is quiet good but for some sort of reason i feel like it is missing its big turn in the end, the one you usually expect in Paulo's books.

message 3: by Johara (last edited Dec 31, 2012 08:26AM) (new)

Johara Almogbel | 52 comments Strega Nona's Magic Lessons Strega Nona's Magic Lessons by Tomie dePaola

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I needed a short story because I wanted to finish the 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge on time, (and I have a final tomorrow) but, at the same time, I wanted to finish the challenge with something meaningful.

So, I went looking through the book collection I had as a kid, and, suddenly, remembered the Strega Nona tales. And I knew it was just what I was looking for.

Adorably drawn and wonderfully written, Strega Nona is what had encouraged me to write. (A horrible story called The Spooky Swamp, in second grade, but a story all the same).

And I'm glad to see that Big Anthony still puts the same smile on my face as he did when I was 8.

message 4: by Ali (new)

Ali (alialghamdi) | 124 comments Mod
The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom

The Time Keeper
Mitch Albom
3/5

It's a Mitch Albom's book guys, my rating starts always from 3-5. :D

Albom writes about the Father Time, a story that has an infinite potential and yet didn't meet the expectations. It starts slow and boring, but at the middle you can't stop reading till you finish it. An awesome idea, as all of Albom's books and the writing is perfect.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarasization) | 53 comments THE FINAL BOOK :'D!!!

One Day by David Nicholls

2/5

It's OK. Kinda predictable. Over rated. The story is about two best friends a woman and a man each living his/her own life but keeping in touch and meeting every once in a while and they both hide the fact they actually love the other.

I can't believe the challenge is over :') this group was a really big help. Thank you Ali Alghamdi and thank you all the members I enjoyed reading your reviews and benefitted a lot from your recommendations.