☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

✯Advertise Your Services✯ > Shahdia's Mary Sue Litmus Test

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

A Mary-Sue...a literary character, usually female, who is unnaturally flawless and likable and ruins the story as such...Surely you don't want one of those abominations in your story, right? (Unless, like me, you write a novel about them contaminating the world!) Well, now you can make sure your characters are down on the Sue-Scale, just by filling in this form! Please delete the '.' s from the HTML format.

<.u>Name<./u>:
<.u>Age<./u>:
<.u>Gender<./u>:
<.u>Species (if applicable)<./u>:
<.u>Appearance<./u>:
<.u>Personality<./u>:
<.u>History<./u>:
<.u>Main Flaw<./u>:
<.u>Best Friend/Crush/etc.<./u>:
<.u>Family<./u>:
<.u>Powers (if applicable)<./u>
<.u>Talents<./u>:
<.u>Other<./u>: What language(s) do they speak? Do they play any instruments? Do they go to school, if so what school? Anything else important you need to add?

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 47 comments Does it have to be a Mary-sue?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I mean if you want to check if your character is a Sue!

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments I'm tempted to get characters like Bella to do it XD

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Good idea!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I put Ginny Weasley through it...she got a 5. Anti-Sue

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments Name: Bella Swan
Species (if applicable): Human/Vampire
Appearance: [image error]
Personality: Have you read the books?
History: Ditto.
Main Flaw: Uhhmmm... She can't tan? Is that a flaw?
Best Friend/Crush/etc.: Vampires & Werewolves.
Family: Charlie :P
Powers (if applicable) Thoughts can't be heard...
Talents: A talent for being just a tad annoying?

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 24, 2012 01:46AM) (new)

56-70 points: Über-Sue. You've got one hell of a Mary-Sue on your hands here, and it's not going to be easy to set things right. But do your best. There may be hope for you yet.

Bella is a 64!

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments Would this be OK?...

Name: Percival Aebon
Species: Human.
Bio: Even at high school, PerAe was a make-it-up-as-you-go-along sort of person, he’d turn up to classes that weren’t his. If someone was absent he’d swear it was him until he either had to see the school councillor or his father intervened. He didn’t realize it then, but he was distracting his father from his ‘greatest invention’. So his father decided his son needed love to sort him out, so helpfully programmed into the Mary Sue a love of his son. It was the 101st Mary Sue, Raven. Somebody his father could approve of, as she didn’t have flaws. But PerAe doesn’t bat an eyelid. He wouldn’t. Eyelids being batted annoy PerAe. His killer, lopsided smile is trained to unnerve those monsters.
He shows zero remorse for his actions, even though his actions never are accompanied by what would be the rational intelligence to plan ahead well. Attempts to brainwash PerAe are in his past. Since, he’s developed a very big, annoying sense of humor that is never absent, no matter the situation. It seems exactly the sort of thing Marty Sam’s widen their eyes at. He cannot stand the ‘touchy-feely’ types, and handles things by smoking.
Family: Scientist father, deceased mother.
Powers: Able to resist wit & charm, tying gags (OK, he’s good at most knots. Scouts)
Other: Advantages to having a Mary-Sue fall in love with you are unfortunately outnumbered by the negatives, but they will use it as an experiment. Can Mary Sue’s be ‘Un-sued’?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool! I'll look him up as soon as I have time (which is not now). :D