Lifted discussion

Places Around the City > "Thieves Bar"

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) This place is known to thieves as the placed to go for info. They go there to gain anything dirty on anyone they need as well as all of the other various info not obtainable anywhere else. Police are oblivious to this place's significants and just see it as "Dan's Bar".

message 2: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Leah had managed to work her way near the back of the bar. Oddly enough, she felt at home there. She couldn't explain why exactly. But, she did. Out of instinct and from the vibe she got from almost everyone, Leah put all her important things in the inner zip pocket of her jacket. 

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace walked in, throwing on her "blending in" appearance, easily being unnoticed by everyone.

message 4: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium walks into the bar, he had been here countles times but it never seemed to change, he became concious of everyone's stare. Their ability to not look as if they are noticing him would make most people uncomfortable but Illium had always found it reassuring, if they stared then they think of him as a threat, and in a place like this you need to have that reassurance to survive.

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace sat down and ordered a simple, Virgin Margarita.

message 6: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium sits at the bar, the bar he once had a summer job at when he was 15, he's come so far since then that it's strange to think about. After getting back from a bank in London Illium struggles to think of what to do next with his life.

message 7: by Savannah W ~ (last edited Dec 24, 2012 03:10PM) (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Leah slowly weaved between people. A few puffs of smoke floated in her face and she staggered from it, bumping into someone as she did so. "I'm sorry," she apologized quickly to the bigger guy, not making eye contact if at all possible. She turned from him and planned to retreat. A small smile came to her lips when she noticed the girl from the streets across the room at the bar. 

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace noticed the other girl that was with her on the streets and nodded, smiling slightly.

message 9: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium looks up from the bar's surface, he see's a bloke he knows from across the city, he fought it once, it did't end well, the bloke looks away quickly, fear evident in his eyes. Illium notices the two girls looking at eachother from across the room, one girls looks incredibly familiar, she's part of the lift. But he's never worked a job with her.

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace takes a drink from her Margarita, savoring the flavor.

message 11: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) A man bumped into Leah, not caring to say excuse me, he seemed rather tipsy as it was. So, Leah just gave him a glare before slowly walking towards the bar. There weren't many at the actual bar it seemed. A blue eyed guy to one side of her and the street girl on the other. "Can I get a whisky on the rocks?" she asked, sounding plenty adult and the bartender not questioning her age. 

message 12: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 03:24PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium knows the bartender and asks for a simple beer, the man slides it over to him and Illium snaps the metal cap off, why people went for anything more fancy he didnt understand. It all tastes the same to him mostly. He reaches inside his leather jacket pocket for the book he'd been reading. He looks at the girl again...Leah, he thinks. Illium was high up in rank of the lift so he didnt know many from lower down.

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace noticed the man from Lifted, wondering just how many were out right now.

message 14: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Leah couldn't help but hear the blue eyed boy ask for a beer. Her nose crinkled in distaste. She could never get into the flavor of beer. "Don't drink to much beer," she said just loud enough for the guy to hear. "You may get fat," she teased, glancing over him before looking back to his rather captivating eyes. 

message 15: by Moshira (new)

Moshira El Balamony (musho) | 87 comments EJ enters the bar in search of her brother to drive her home. Her phone died and she's alert now after the encounter at starbucks. 'Oh god what got into me!' She whispered to herself. She took a seat next to a guy who seemed engrossed in some book. 'Enough trouble for one day' she thought. But she couldn't help but stare at the book. She never saw that title before. 'What are you reading?' She blurted out.

message 16: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 03:31PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium looks up from his book to the girls face, Leah, that was definately it. Illium's memory was pretty damn good, it had to be. His gaze burnt intently into hers, 'It's a good thing i do a lot of running then', and he didn't mean the usual type, being on a job meant a lot of running most of the time. Moving slow gets you caught, and Illium doesn't do getting caught.

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace noticed the other girl right away. She then switched to taking in the other people. Observation was always key.

message 18: by Moshira (new)

Moshira El Balamony (musho) | 87 comments 'Gohd I should so shut up' she thought. She buried her head in her hands on the counter. Maybe a Nap?

message 19: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 03:34PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Moshira wrote: "EJ enters the bar in search of her brother to drive her home. Her phone died and she's alert now after the encounter at starbucks. 'Oh god what got into me!' She whispered to herself. She took a se..."

Illium answers the girl 'Birdsong, war, pain and lost love-all is fair in love and war, unless your the one it's happening to' he says, his strange blue eyes looks her up and down, he definitely doesn't reconise her, she couldn't be very high up in the lift if in it at all.

message 20: by Moshira (new)

Moshira El Balamony (musho) | 87 comments 'Measuring my status huh?' Well I've been an ass to enough people today that i'll actually play dumb.' She then looked to the girl ' sorry sweatheart, never ment to intrude' and dozes off.

message 21: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Before actually responding as Leah had intended, it seemed the guy's attention flashed elsewhere. With a small sigh, Leah looked back to her whiskey. With a tilt of the heavy glass, she took the rest of the liquid in. Her face was already heating from the liquor. Leah pulled a bit of money from her pocket and paid for the drink before standing. The streets may be clear by now...slowly she started to head to the door. 

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace blinks, then sighs. She finishes her drink then stretches. Jace wondered what to recommend during the meeting, as the leaders usually asked her for advice and suggestions.

message 23: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 03:42PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium rolls his eyes, he wondered how some poeple managed to get into the Lift, he'd been in since he was 14, because he'd been on his own job, a bank in Ireland, Dublin, his home country, well next to Italy, he wasnt sure exactly which was his birth place anymore. He had been born to be criminal, that is all he knows, it is in his blood. When both your parents are from nutorious rival gangs from both Italy and Ireland it seems radiculous not to use the skil he was born with.

message 24: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Moshira wrote: "'Measuring my status huh?' Well I've been an ass to enough people today that i'll actually play dumb.' She then looked to the girl ' sorry sweatheart, never ment to intrude' and dozes off."

((damn it I hate being slower than others!))

Leah flashed her gaze to the woman and stood still for a second in her retreat to the door. "umm...no intrusion," she said as she fiddled with her jacket a little. Her eyes flashed to the guy and then back to the girl before again looking to the guy and smiling a little. "Don't get a beer-belly. Keep up that running of yours," she told him as she started to slowly walk to the door again. 

message 25: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium calls over to Leah, 'Take the four star way'. His blue eyes flash silver.

message 26: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Leah came to a halt again and looked to the guy. "The four star way?" she asked, dumb to what tha meant. She assumed it was a place or way to go in NY. But, since she was new and dumb to the city, she had no clue what she meant--if she was even right. "I hate to say, I have no idea what you mean by that..." she said, hating she looked so oblivious. 

message 27: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 03:56PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Illium shakes his head, the girl has no idea what the four star way is, how much has the Lift even told her he thinks. Well screw them then, he would have to show her. 'It's a way to avoid...certain undesirables', she had the look about her, like she was avoiding something, or someone, either way...

message 28: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) ((oh, I'm not sure you knew this or not--I thought I said it recently. Maybe I didn't, but she hasn't been introduced to the lifted yet. Your character can mistake her for one though :). Maybe she looks like one of them?))

Leah tilted her head slightly and bit at her lower lip. "Well, was it that obvious I wasnt wanting to go on that street alone?" she finally asked, becoming curious as to what route the boy spoke of. 

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Jace sighed wondering if the streets were safe again

message 30: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 04:03PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments Savannah wrote: "((oh, I'm not sure you knew this or not--I thought I said it recently. Maybe I didn't, but she hasn't been introduced to the lifted yet. Your character can mistake her for one though :). Maybe she ..."

(sorry its hard to keep track, i 'll edit, but he can help her out a bit, just because he see's something in her maybe thats interesting blah blah blah;)

Illium nods at Kio, 'Alright mate, behave would you, i only got back from London yesterday, suprised you werent on that job with me', he looks back at Leah. He gets down from the stool, 'Come on then, lets show you about so you won't get shoved into a white van' he says with a slight smirk.

message 31: by Moshira (new)

Moshira El Balamony (musho) | 87 comments EJ looks to Kio 'job? You know what, i'm to wasted for this. Later. Yo girl who's been sighing all night, want a ride?' Kio rather rudley said 'i'm driving, I get to offer rides' EJ stared at him with a single raised eybrow. 'Good lord EJ, you'll end up dead some day you know?' 'Yes I do' she said hopping of her stool noding towards the girl.

message 32: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) BridieJ*mentaltastic*dragon-Ducks are EVIL ;) x wrote: "Savannah wrote: "((oh, I'm not sure you knew this or not--I thought I said it recently. Maybe I didn't, but she hasn't been introduced to the lifted yet. Your character can mistake her for one thou..."

Leah laughed a little at his comment. "I doubt anyone would keep me for long,  they'd throw me right out of their white van and race away as quickly as possible," she said, believing her words. She waited for him to guide the way, slightly wondering if she should trust some random guy. Hell, better going up against one rather than all those outside.

message 33: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 04:16PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments The girl was trusting, and that was bad, something the ift would have beaten out of her. She isn't part of the Lift, but he see's potential there, possibly, she cam into this bar and didn't run off screaming at any point so that means something. Illium would probably get hell for helping a random new girl, but he'd never been one for rule following anyway, not even in the Lift. He walks over to her, 'lets go Belissa' he says.

message 34: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) ((just out of curiosity, is Belissa a name?))

Leah nodded to him and followed him. She mentally reminded herself where her switchblade was incase if she came up having to use it. 

((do we need to make a new topic for your route?))

message 35: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 24, 2012 04:39PM) (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 37 comments (Belissa is italian for beautiful, Illium is half italian, and we can just do the streets for now and go from there maybe)

Illium leads her outside and then turns to her, 'keep that weapon somewhere you can get to it easily, you might need it' says Illium with a dangerous smile, his strange blue eyes flash with silver again.