ROBUST discussion

Author to Author > MERRY CHIRSTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments However you celebrate the season - I wish you all the best this collection of holidays has to offer!

message 2: by Andre Jute (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
May you all be blessed, (except the ghost of Osama bin Laden, whom I wish a fiery Christmas), and your families and books likewise.

PCSP (Politically Correct Small Print):
Void where prohibited, prohibited where void, keep away from children and animals, use only with adequate ventilation. (Penned by the great Sheldon Brown, the wittiest bike mechanic who ever lived, http://sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html )

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments LOL - you would remember to add the small print.

message 4: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) Merry Christmas...now diving back into the extended family holiday festivities.

message 5: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments BAH humbug - I dropped the pumpkin pie all over the floor. (rolling eyes) the dogs and the chickens got the pie this year.

Ho, ho, ho. (snort)

I'd better get a heck of a batch of eggs tomorrow.

message 6: by Andre Jute (new)

You weren't meant to take the instructions for basting the vodka literally, Kat.

message 7: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Franklin (dakotafranklin) | 306 comments I'll diet after the New Year.

Merry Christmas everyone.

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Roberts (Daniel-A-Roberts) | 467 comments Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

message 9: by K.A. (last edited Jan 01, 2013 05:59AM) (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Andre Jute wrote: "You weren't meant to take the instructions for basting the vodka literally, Kat."

Now he tells me...

kench

PS - in Kentucky they use bourbon or moonshine. (ICK!)

message 10: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) Happy New Year.

message 11: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Happy New Year! May all your books sell buckets, all your reviews be 5 stars and the Great Bird of the Galaxy rest gently on your planet.

message 12: by Dave (new)

Dave | 65 comments Happy New Year everybody.
Health and happiness to all of you.

message 13: by Andre Jute (new)

May y'all discover that unexploited niche of bigspending readers in which your books fit perfectly.

message 14: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments You stole my "y'all"...

message 15: by Andre Jute (new)

K.A. wrote: "You stole my "y'all"..."

How do you think I came to have such a large vocabulary?

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Happy New Year, everyone! Wishing good health to all those who've been ill and good wealth to us all!

message 17: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Andre Jute wrote: "K.A. wrote: "You stole my "y'all"..."

How do you think I came to have such a large vocabulary?"

Do the Irish have an equivelant?

message 18: by Andre Jute (new)

Youse.

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments I thought that was Australian...but I guess that's where we got it from!

message 20: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Ah - so youse is obscounding with my idioms - eh laddie?

message 21: by Andre Jute (new)

Kench. Only a stage Irishman would say anything like that.

The BBC Pronunciation Unit's locus of pure English pronunciation is now at a Dublin private school, St Columbine's, not in England at all.

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Andre Jute wrote: "Kench. Only a stage Irishman would say anything like that.

The BBC Pronunciation Unit's locus of pure English pronunciation is now at a Dublin private school, St Columbine's, not in England at all."

Struth! (Now that's Australian!)

message 23: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Newfies say 'eh?' all the time. For Kanuks it's 'aye?' Idioms are so much fun.

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments And the rest of Canada says neither, thankfully. But I think you got it backward, Kat, kench...

message 25: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I do that - a lto.

message 26: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Part of your charm...