Read by Theme discussion

Horns
This topic is about Horns

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jaclyn Harrison | 35 comments I miss everyone posting reviews of the books they are reading! I was going to read Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill, but then someone told me they were making Horns into a movie with Daniel Radcliffe, so I decided to read it instead. I was expecting a Stephen King horror, but this book was so much more. The first part of the book is what I would expect from SK's son but then the story quickly turned into a heartwrenching story of love and betrayal. I was pleasently surprised and will definitly be reading more of Joe Hill.

message 2: by Amara, Group Creator (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments Jaclyn wrote: "someone told me they were making Horns into a movie with Daniel Radcliffe, so I decided to read it instead."

Oh, cool! Definitely one for my to-read list, then. (I at least try to always read the book before seeing the movie.) And the blurb plus the reviews certainly makes the plot sound intriguing.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) Sounds interesting - I'm not usually into horror, but going on your review I might put this one on my tbr pile.

Melissa I haven't read this, but I added it to my TBR list. It sounds good.

Jaclyn Harrison | 35 comments Heidi, I wouldn't consider it horror at all. Reading Part I of the book, I thought it would be horror, but the book quickly turned tracks in Part II.