Orlando Orlando discussion

Quotes

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lauren Almost every day, I find a quote in this book that I repeat aloud, dog-ear, laugh at, want to remember...
"I am growing up. I am losing my illusions, perhaps to acquire new ones."
And here are earlier ones...
"(For it is a curious fact that though human beings have such imperfect means of communication, that they can only say 'good to eat' when they mean 'beautiful' and the other way about, they will yet endure ridicule and misunderstanding rather than keep any experience to themselves.)"
"He saw that she did not believe what he believed, and that was enough, wise and ancient as he was, to enrage him"

message 2: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria I agree with you. Some of the quotes I found in this book are a part of me now. That's so true. I repeated them without remember I read them in this book! That's incredible!

Farfished9 Lauren wrote: "Almost every day, I find a quote in this book that I repeat aloud, dog-ear, laugh at, want to remember...
"I am growing up. I am losing my illusions, perhaps to acquire new ones."
And here are ear..."

I know that quote!!! I read it toooo...and wrote it down in my journal. I LOVE it! =)

Farfished9 From V. Woolf I also love...

"I shall be a clinger to the outsides of worlds all my life."

From Thomas Hardy I liked...

"Love is a possible strength in an actual weakness."

From Marilyn Monroe I always remembered...

"It is better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone...so far."

message 5: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz “For it would seem - her case proved it - that we write, not with the fingers, but with the whole person. The nerve which controls the pen winds itself about every fibre of our being, threads the heart, pierces the liver.”

<3