Lifted discussion

Places Around the City > Times Square

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Halle (thepotterhead) | 524 comments Mod

message 2: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) The lights from neon signs flickered uncontrollably into the otherwise dark night. Regardless of how late it was, there always seemed to be people on the streets of new York, especially time square. Adrian ignored those rushing past him who'd occasionally smack shoulders with him and not even mutter an apology. Besides, he got the best of them anyways, slipping his hands skillfully into their pockets and lifting whatever his sticky fingers took hold of. 

He leaned casually against a wall after fighting his way from the rushing mobs. He'd told his mom he'd be home by now...but, he also told her he had stopped stealing. So, why stop the lies at just that one? Hell! He might as well just spit lie after lie to her. It made him sick at his stomach that he couldn't do the one thing she truly asked of him. But...he had to much of his father in him to let it fully affect him. 

message 3: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair spun around in a full circle, trying to determine where she was. New York was so confusing compared to Louisiana.

message 4: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) It didn't take Adrian's trained eyes long at all to spot the ones that seemed out of place. One particular girl seemed to be more turned around than the rest, basically spinning circles like she was in a field and arms out to her sides as a child would. He smirked to himself as he observed, but didnt approach. 

message 5: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair checked the map on her phone again and bit her lip. All of the street names bled into each other in her mind. Well, aimless wandering it was then.

message 6: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Adrian let out a small breath as he looked around. She seemed to be alone. Alone and lost in new york was never a good think for a pretty girl like her. Pushing himself from the wall he took refuge from the people speed walking about, he approached to girl. "You're lost," he stated with a small smirk still in place. "You have the next few minutes of my very valuable time to drain enough info to get yourself somewhere safe," he continued, having a bit more true smile on his lips now. Like his time was valuable now day. He was practically willing to throw away his minutes so long as he didn't have to go home. 

message 7: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair took a startled step back. She'd seen enough movies to know the girl isn't supposed to talk to the random guy in New York when she's lost.

message 8: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Adrian nodded to the girl and replaced his smile with a smirk yet again. He glanced to his wrist at a finely diamonded watch then back to the girl. "And with that hesitant step back, you've dwindled your time down to only a mere ten seconds," he teased. He tilted his head towards a very nearby building. "That place has a sort of 'visitor's' center and can help you find your way home," he informed. "Or wherever you're headed." He took a step away from her, feeling he had helped plenty and as much as she would allow him. He started to turn from her and began preparing his next plan to get out of going home. 

message 9: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair thought for a moment. "Wait!" she said sudden;y. "I'm just looking for a Starbucks."

message 10: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Adrian came to a slow and glanced over his shoulder. "You've lost your time to use my services, madam," he commented, still smiling. "But..." he trailed off as he turned around and took slow steps backwards. "I don't want to feel guilty if I see your picture on the back of some milk carton. So..." he came to a stop and pointed towards the way he had been heading. "Down this road a short ways and on the right is a Starbucks. Theres one practically every 5 blocks," he over exaggerated slightly. 

message 11: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (last edited Dec 23, 2012 09:34PM) (new)

Blair could see a sliver the green sign and she instantly felt calmer. "Thanks a lot," she told whoever he was. Blair adjusted her canvas bag, turned against the traffic of the sidewalk and started towards God's gift from heaven.

message 12: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) "My pleasure," he called out to her. He took in a deep breath and looked around, realizing that he was, in a way, more lost than the girl. He had no idea where he was going at all considering no where sparkled up his mind. "Think you're capable of making it there without some thief stealing your purse?" he asked loud enough for her to hear and a new wider grin on his lips at the thought of how he was generally 'that thief.' though, he usually did stick to pickpocketing men rather than women. 

message 13: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair turned around. "Are you offering to accompany me?" she asked curiously. He seemed nice enough, so she really couldn't object with a real argument. He also didn't seem to have anything better to do with his 'precious time.'

message 14: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) "Well," he said as he slowly walked to her, hands shoved in his pockets at this point. "I haven't really done anything to balance my karma today, so helping someone get safely to their destination seems like it may level the playing field between my darker deeds and good ones." Or he was bored and he wanted to make sure she got there safe since she seemed to be a nice girl.

message 15: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

"Well it's awful your karma is unbalanced," Blair said, hiding a small smile. She tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "I'd love to be part of the solution." Plus she really was almost worried about walking around alone.

message 16: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Adrian laughed lightly and finished walking the distance to her. "Then I thank you, madam," he told her. He gestured towards the well known green and white sign. "Shall we?"

message 17: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (last edited Dec 23, 2012 10:06PM) (new)

Blair inquired, "Do you always speak so formally?" It was a strange quirk, though it wasn't annoying so much as noticeable.

message 18: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Chuckling at her question a little, Adrian looked to her and then back in front of them. "From time to time, yes, I do. Depends what mode I'm in mainly as well as who Im around. I've gotten mixed reviews about it. If you'd prefer, I could talk more gansta like," he joked a bit at the end, though was also serious. He could talk however he wanted considering he had to be many different people for his...profession he had with his father prior to his dad getting put in jail due to Adrian's mistake.  

message 19: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair arched an eyebrow. "Gangster like?" she repeated, smiling at the imitation. "Do you have an average American mode I'm unaware of?" she teased.

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Derrik walked with his hands in his pockets, looking around at the people, noticing a few of the Lifted members. He nodded at them

message 21: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair's attention flickered over to another guy. She recognized him vaguely and nodded back.

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments He looked around again before approaching her. "How long until the next meeting?" Derrik asked in a low voice, asking her if she knew when the next 'get-together' about any new 'plans' was.

message 23: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

(( Adrien isn't in the Lifted. ))

message 24: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) ((Adrian hasn't actually been taken in yet nor does he know lol. He just moved there and was going to get invited to try out. Buttt, I guess he'll find out soon...))

Adrian corked his brow. "Do you know him?" he asked the girl, oblivious to what he was talking about. 

message 25: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair nodded, carefully controlling her reaction. "Yeah, I do," she said, thinking up a reason he'd know her. "He's one of my neighbors."

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Derrik winced "Ah, sorry. Never mind."

message 27: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) ((sorry! Lol, I guess I should of made it more clear elsewhere other than in the questions/suggestions thread :(. If you cross paths with Leah, she's not in it yet either lol. She's in the streets of new York thread, just a heads up this time :).))

Adrian wasn't one to be fooled easily. It seemed there was something else there than just two teens that live next door to one another. "What a coincidence that the two of you would cross paths in such a crowded place at such a random hour as this..." he said blankly,  trailing off at the end of his sentence. 

message 28: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair smiled. "That is strange, isn't it?" she said like 'Oopsie Daisy'.

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments Derrik easily composed himself "I wanted to ask her something, and as we live next-door, our families talk a lot, so I new she'd be around here."

message 30: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Adrian laughed a small bit to himself, hearing their different tones to his words as well as the excuse thrown out that was unneeded or asked for. All of those pointed his clever mind directly to his original thought--something was off or more so than they wanted it to seem. "Whoa now, I didn't need your reasoning of how you ran into her," he said with grin. "Interesting you figured I did though."

((we should do a "rounds comment" where each person comments once in a order. So, for instance, after I comment, Then say Blair will talk then derikk that way we won't post stuff out of order..))

♥Booknerdswift♥ Hanna walked in, head high and proud. She stopped at a corner and looked around.

message 32: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (last edited Dec 24, 2012 06:08AM) (new)

Blair cut Derrik a look of death. "I've learned Derrik is always buzzing around, telling people his life story," she said with barely a hint of warning in her tone. "A little quirk I picked up on."

♠▐ Cᴏʟᴅ Aɪʀ (somethingtoruminate) | 20 comments "Yeah, no wonder you seem to be hanging out more than needed." Derrik flashed a glance at her. He knew hanging around people from the outside was all kinds of dangerous, which is why he rarely did it.

♥Booknerdswift♥ Hanna saw two kids, a girl and a boy. She decided to go over to them. "Hi. I'm Hanna."

message 35: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) ((so many people...))

Adrian was a about speak when yet another seemed to attract herself to the growing group. How had it been that moments ago, there had been no one talking to him now there were three. He looked to the new girl. "Adrian," he introduced shortly. He looked to the others again before laying eyes on the girl he'd met first--though he still didn't know her name. "Seems you have plenty of people to keep you safe now," he said, not liking the abundance of people he didn't know. "I'll leave you in their safe company..." he trailed off slightly before nodding to the other two "Pleasure meeting you all, I'm sure, but I need to be going." He figured he'd just wonder towards Starbucks seeing as he was headed their with the first girl anyways. 

((I'll make a starkbucks ^_^))

message 36: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) After walking from Starbucks and into the streets, Adrian had started towards Time Square again. He then heard his name be called from behind him. He came to a stop and turned to face who called him. It was the same girl he'd just dismissed himself from. He smiled a little and stood where he had stopped. "Yeah?" 

message 37: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair smiled apologetically. "Sorry for totally ignoring you back there," she said. She tapped her head and told him, "I kind of checked out for a spell. It happens a lot." She steeled herself for the strange look, the "Uh," and the inevitable dismissal.

message 38: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Adrian let out an over-exaggerated sigh. "I dont think I could forgive you for it, miss," he said with a heavy bit of sarcasm along with a smile. "If miss is your real name," he added jokingly considering he still didn't know her name still. It was also a way to get her to tell him her name. 

message 39: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

"Blair," she said. "My name's Blair." She smiled at his sarcasm and said, "I do hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for such an inexcusable action."

message 40: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) "Well, Blair," he said with a small smirk. She had a pretty name. It was a bit harsh in ways, but still had a beauty to it. "I might be able to forgive you one day." He glanced around before lookin back go her. "Where are you off to now?"

message 41: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair thought of where she had to be. "Um," she said, racking her brain. "I'm not sure I need to be going anywhere in particular."

message 42: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) "Oh, sweetie, I didn't say where do you need to be," he says with a smirk still on his lips. "I asked where are you going?" He slipped his hand into his pocket and perked a brow. 

message 43: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair looked at him, almost startled. "Sweetie," she repeated questioningly. She found terms of endearment oh so tacky. "I'm thinking of wandering around aimlessly for a few hours," she said sarcastically. "Maybe I'll meet a nice gang or become a prostitute."

message 44: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) "You realize if a pet name ever slips my lips, its usually for patronizing purposes only, right? They are quite annoying unless highly clever," he told her first front due to the facial expression she gave him at the word. "And these streets' prostitutes are to tough and territorial to share their corners with you. Though a gang would happy invite you in for their own pleasureful purposes." 

message 45: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair pulled a face. "I was joking," she said in regard to the last comment from him. She fiddled with the strap of her bag distractedly.

message 46: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) "Awe, sweetie," he said with a smirk and stressing the word to be sure he got the right affect from the word this time since he was teasing her, "I know. If I thought you were serious, I'd have told you to not sell your body like a cheap whore and to avoid gangs. Just trouble."

message 47: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

"You're right, hun" Blair said. "I'd be an expensive whore." But she was smiling so it was obvious she was kidding.

message 48: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) "Ah, but a whore all the same," he said with a wink. He joked as well, hoping she wouldn't take offense. He was pretty sure she wasn't one of those girls that got sold for money. Though, he wasn't quick to make full judgement to anyone now days. 

message 49: by Halle, Mastermind, Charming Thief (new)

Blair laughed and said, "Oh, yep. That's me. Definitely." It struck her odd that Adrian had offered t walk to Starbucks with her as if he had nothing to do. "So I don't have anywhere I need to go. What about you?"

message 50: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) And so the subject was reversed to Adrian's life slightly. At first, his body stiffened for a very short second. His mother would kill him for not being home yet. But, he shook it odd and smiled to the girl. "I don't really have much to do. It is pretty later, after all. All of my plans would be done already."

« previous 1