You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > Jennifer's Low Octane A-Z with Authors

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 04, 2013 07:06PM) (new)

Jennifer Brown | 126 comments I've gone back and forth but I think I'm sticking with my decision to attempt the low octane A-Z by the author's last name. Now to remember how to make the list! I have gone through my list of books loaded on my kindle. Most were free ones which seem to be about a 50/50 chance they are good. This will be a great chance to reduce the books on my kindle. This is my list, but I have to check the pages before I start to read so I may be changing it as I go along!

A - Open by Andre Agassi Open by Andre Agassi 402 pgs
B - Crazy Little Thing

C- The Moonflower Vine
D - Seriously...I'm Kidding
E - Back to the Bedroom
F - Just the Way You Are
G - The Loom
H - Five Quarters of the Orange
I - Yellow Crocus by Ibrahim, Leila 240 pages
J - Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great by Rick Johnson
K - Mariana by Kearsley, Susanna 382 pages or Cross My Heart by Klein, Katie 236 pages
L Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyageby Lansing, Alfred 288 pages
M - Rumour Has It by Mansell, Jill 420 pages
N - The Butterfly Key by Neudecker, Andrew D. 220 pages
O - Seeing Julia by Owen, Katherine 328 pages
P - Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter by Patton, Lisa 320 pages
Q - ?
R - A Little Ray of Sunshine by RIch, Lani Diane 304 pages
S - [boo]k:Shanghai Girls|5960325] by See, Lisa 336 pages
T - These Is My Words by Venetta, Dianne
W - A Sweethaven Summer by Walsh, Courtney 320 pages
X - ?
Y - On Falcons' Wings by Yarde, Lisa J. 340 pages
Z- Old Town Old Town by Lin Zhe by Zhe, Lin 704 pages

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Brown | 126 comments Geeze ~ I thought I was doing so well with the underlining! That doesn't look too good! I will edit later..... time to get ready for Christmas.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Brown | 126 comments I will just add that I'm glad I'll be busy the next few days because I am dying to start Open. I read the first few pages when I was trying to decide to go with authors or titles, and decided I wanted to start with this book so would go with authors. Now the wait is causing me angst! :)

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48771 comments Your list looks great. I'm just wondering about your comment about underlining. Most people are linking their books which not only underlines them, but when you click on the link, it takes you to the book page. If that is your intention, you can ass the link by clicking on "add book/author" link above the comment box.

message 5: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 24, 2012 08:17PM) (new)

Jennifer Brown | 126 comments OH... no, that's not what I meant.... but I'll try that. I meant the u w/ the < > etc! At first everything was underlined because I did it wrong. I've fixed most, but it still looks like some are still wrong! I didn't think of clicking the link book. I have done that before!! That would have been so much easier I think! :) Thanks!

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48771 comments The bonus to doing the link is that it makes it easy if anyone wants to look the book up.

message 7: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Jennifer - your list looks great. But for T you have These Is My Words by Venetta, Dianne. I'm assuming you're reading Words by Nancy Turner for T and something by Dianne Venetta for V :)

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Brown | 126 comments FUnny... thanks. I didn't catch that. It actually looks like I skipped U and V!! Dianne Venetta must be for V! I'll fix that soon when I double check my books! :) Crossing out the few that I"ve read so far. I'm getting behind!