Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

My Life Next Door

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (chikittie) | 33 comments Hi everyone. I am reading My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick and I am about 170 pages in but getting bored with it. Should I keep reading or give up, maybe try again some other time?

Ideas?

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments I generally give a book 100 pages. If I am not into it by then I sell it back to the book store and find something better to read. Too many good books out there to waste time on one I am not enjoying. I do think some books get better and read farther one some that are not great, but it has to have some promise.

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika | 36 comments I think 170 pages is a lot, if you had to force yourself to read all of them then you should probably stop now, but if it was fine and it's just going through a slow moment then what I would do is skim the next pages and see if it improves, if not then keep just thumbing through it to see if you find something worth reading, if not just don't finish it, there are plenty of better books out there...

message 4: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (chikittie) | 33 comments Thanks guys. Yes, I put down the book. I could not read it anymore. I hate when I force myself to read a certain book.