The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Great Hall > Sorting Hat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Dec 25, 2012 01:43PM) (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod
((If you have read the rules, you should know: ONLY POST
HERE IF YOU HAVE MADE 10 IN-CHARACTER POSTS.

RP your charrie preparing for the Sorting, waiting, thinking about what House they want to be in, etc. and we will decide and reply back to you. And please don't whine if you don't like/agree with our choice. The sorting decision is FINAL.))

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa stood in the doorway of the great hall, making sure not to be in anyone's way when thy come in. She stood against the frame and thought about which house she would be out into. She's heard great stories from each house, especially Gryffindor and Slytherin, but she actually wouldn't mind which house she will be put in. Whichever house she is in she will be determined to make the Quidditch team, she will work hard for her OWLS and she will make sooner bing out of herself.
She nodded to herself, grinning, before going to join the others that are waiting to be sorted.

message 3: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:19PM) (new)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Isa laughed happily, jumping off from the stool and went to sit with her fellow Gryffindor's.
After an hour of talking, eating and getting to know each other, everyone was dismissed to class.

message 5: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Speaking as Ginger:
I watched Is a Jump off the stool and clapped with all the others. I wondered for the hundredth time what house I would be in. I'd thought about all the choices. From what I'd been told, there were good and bad characteristics for all. Slytherin was cunning and sly but I heard they were troubl e and some grew up to be not very decent wizards. Ravenclaws were very smart but sometimes could be snooty and unkind, Hufflepuffs were kind and a mix of all the other houses, but most people don't think of them as real competition or important, and Gryffindor. From what I've heard, it's the best. they are loyal, brave, and daring, but they can be stubborn and ignorant. I think it sound most like meme too. "Oh, please be Gryffindor" I whispered to myself. I clapped for another who had just got sorted. I bit my lip and crossed my fingers.

message 6: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:18PM) (new)

message 7: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I stifled a cheer and walked calmly to the Gryffindor table...ok, I sort of squealed loudly and jumped up and down and then ran really happily to the Gryffindor table. But it's all good.

message 8: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary:
I sat waiting for my name to be called. From what I'd heard I definitely didn't want to be a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff, and between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw was sounding like a better fit for me. I was so nervous that my features were flickering between that of an eagle and that of a lion. Finally Ginger said, "Clary, please stop, you''re going to be fine no matter what House you''re put in."
"I know, I just really want to be a Ravenclaw or Gryffindor"
When her name was called I knew mine was coming up shortly thereafter. I reviewed what I knew about the Sorting Hat, based on your qualities it decided which House you would be best suited for. But I didn't know I would do best in because I wasn't't particularly brave like a Gryffindor. I wasn't't friends with everyone like a Hufflepuff, I wasn't't willing to use any means to get what I want like a Slytherin, and I wasn't very witty like a Ravenclaw. And then, my name was called.wordlessly I got up and walked the stool.

message 9: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 29, 2012 12:49PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse stood there like a statue biting her fingernails nervously, she had never been so nervous since trying to get on to the platform from the very first time. She was white in the face, and her palms were getting a little sweaty. She still haven't figured what house she would be placed in, she had only figured that she probably won't be in Slytherin which is alright to her. The Slytherins already seemed to dislike her for whatever reason, and she could not figure out why. She hadn't give them any reason at all to dislike her has she? "...just my imagination..." She said nervously and weakly, she turned her attention back to the professor with the name scroll.

With her heart thumping in her chest and her head throbbing, she almost feel like she was going to be sick. She swallowed empty air once, just to make sure that she doesn't get sick and make a fool out of herself. It can't be Ravenclaw! she thought to herself, she didn't think she was smart or witty enough. She liked that House, but it's not like she's the best at every subject here. She does okay in them, but she wasn't the smartest nor did she really cared to be.

"What house would I be placed into?" She asked herself quietly, as if the answer to this question was buried deep somewhere in her mind. She hadn't notice what the student before her was sort into, and also when her name was called until the professor called a second time. "Ah....uh....here...I mean..." Clarisse accidentally said too loudly and started walking hastily to the stool with her cheeks red with embarrassment.

message 10: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:19PM) (new)

message 11: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:17PM) (new)

[image error]

message 12: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 29, 2012 01:36PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse smiled and burst out giggling with relief, she relaxed her shoulders. Hufflepuff seems like pretty good choice! They at least looked really friendly, the entire opposite expressions were on the Slytherins' faces! She thought slightly nervous when looking at the Slytherins. She skipped happily to the Hufflepuff table, and sat with her peers.

message 13: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Yes!" Clary did a mental fist pump and walked over to Ravenclaw.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Rae nervously stood, wondering what house she'd be put in. She dearly hoped it would be Ravenclaw, for the wise and intelligent. Going through the options in her head, she crossed them off her mental list. Hufflepuff...no, that wouldn't work; Rae was too sly and snarky for Hufflepuff. Gryffindor would suit her slightly, though she wasn't really someone who would do crazy stunts for a dare or save her complete enemy. Slytherin...the cunning and ambitious. It would be alright, she supposed, if it hadn't been for the fact that her mother hated Slytherin; Rae would do anything except upset her mother. Ravenclaw seemed to be the last choice, though she doubted she was intelligent enough to join the eagles.

message 15: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:17PM) (new)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

No! Rae thought, slumping over to the mean-looking Slytherins with a scowl on her face. Momma will be so upset with me, she thought, her eyes swimming with tears. Please say this is a dream...a nightmare, please, please, she thought as the tears began to run down her face.

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 03, 2013 01:29AM) (new)

Jared grinned as he stared around the Great Hall, smiling happily. He looked overjoyed at the magical place; he was going to have so much fun here! From what he had heard about the school from that nerd on the train, he definitely wanted to be in Gryffindor. It was his only option! Hufflepuffs were dorky wimps, Ravenclaws were geeky nerds, Slytherins were arrogant snobs and Gryffindors were just plain awesome! He had no doubt he would be put with the lions. It was his destiny!

message 18: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:16PM) (new)

[image error]

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Jared punched the air as he walked over to the Gryffindor table, holding his head high in pride.

message 20: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek sat waiting to be called. He didn't know what to hope for. His parents obviously expected him to get into Slytherin with his pure blood and ambition. He definitely didn't want Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, Hufflepuffs were generally wimps who didn't belong anywhere else, with a few obvious exceptions. And Ravenclaws were super nerds who didn't have ambition or bravery. So, really it came down to Gryffindor and Slytherin. Nope, just Gryffindor. He really, really didn't want Slytherin because then it would be easier to oppose his parents later in life. It was probably a perfectly fine House. He heaved a monumental sigh, back to Gryffindor and Slytherin. Although, maybe his parents would be so overjoyed by the whole Slytherin thing that he could finally do whatever he wanted.

message 21: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:16PM) (new)

[image error]

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments Suzume fidgeted in her seat. She didn't really know what house she wanted to be in. She didn't know at all. Just a house where she would be fine in for around four years of her life.

message 23: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments Suzume smiled and walked towards the Ravenclaw table.

message 25: by Daphne (new)

Daphne "Tall, Julie," the professor said. Julie walked to the stool and put the hat on her head. She jumped a bit when it started talking to her. Her siblings hadn't told her about this! She was sure Ravenclaw was the place for her, despite her siblings being placed in Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. None of them were really like her, she thought. She was curious and wanted to know more, and she felt that that was the true mark of a Ravenclaw, based on what she had heard. Julie held her breath and waited.

message 26: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 11, 2013 01:30PM) (new)

message 27: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

message 28: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

((Yep, it's in the order I posted them))

message 29: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

[image error]

message 30: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

((Yep))

message 31: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Standing in line with all the other first-years, Aeris lacked the jitters most of the others around her seemed to have. She was sure she would become great here, (view spoiler) no matter what house she was placed in. Granted, she would cry if she was put in Hufflepuff. She realized she was scowling, and quickly altered her expression to a pleasant look that revealed nothing.

All the muggle-borns who stood with her, so excited to have found magic... She looked down on them for their ignorance. She had once asked her father how a non-magical family could suddenly have a magical child. It didn't make sense. He had agreed with her and been unable to answer her question.

This place felt so different then the cold halls of her home. People laughed, but what did they find so funny? The light was a happy yellow that fell upon their skin from a myriad of candles that floated feet above their heads, and the air smelled like nutmeg.

Her musings were interrupted as her name was called. She ascended the few steps to the Hat, and as she approached, a teacher lifted it from the chair. She sat, slowly, feeling eyes from all around the room watching as she sat in the plain wooden chair. She closed her eyes as the Hat was set on her head. Despite all this, she only had one thought in her head, one question for the Hat.

Where can I become great?

message 33: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

message 34: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

[image error]

message 35: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Mathias entered the Great Hall behind the other first years. He had no doubt what House he would be in...it woul d. most definitely be the greatest House at Hogwarts...Slytherin.

message 36: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Will waited impatiently with the other first years, slightly nervous, but excited. He knew which house he would be in. Gryffindor, for the brave. That's where he wanted to go, anyway. Gryffindor was his grandfather's house. And Will's grandfather was the coolest guy in the world. Slytherin was Will's mother's house, and she'd been horrible. That was one house Will did not want to be in. Hufflepuffs were idiots, everyone knew that. But now as Will looked a the Huffleouffs, he decided they seemed nice. Maybe that wouldn't be too bad. And Ravenclaw would be okay as well, he supposed.
Will started as his name was called. "Hunter, William!" He hurried forward and jammed the hat on his head. It fell down over his eyes. Gryffindor, he thought, Please, please...

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

- -¤--^] å§måå [^--¤- - wrote: "Will waited impatiently with the other first years, slightly nervous, but excited. He knew which house he would be in. Gryffindor, for the brave. That's where he wanted to go, anyway. Gryffindor wa..."

message 39: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

[image error]

message 40: by Donna (new)

Donna | 3 comments Sweaty palms and a chill running through her spine, Lisbeth remained composed. She hoped for Gryffindor,the house her mother and brother were sorted into. Hufflepuff was too tender for her and Ravenclaw had a pretentious air, but Slytherin would be her unbecoming. As she waited anxiously, though she hoped on being sorted into Gryffindor, she was not 100% sure. What she wanted was an absolute entanglement of chaos and she could only see the best option of the four, not the one she knew she wanted.

message 41: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((Donna, you only post here when you rped ten times in character, like the first post said in bold))

message 42: by Donna (new)

Donna | 3 comments Sorry !

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

((Also, post using parantheses when you're talking out of RP, like this:

((.....insert writing here))
))

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna waited with the other first years. She knew which house she wanted to be in. Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart! The entire Zeller family had been in Gryffindors. Brianna didn't even want to imagine her family's reaction if she wasn't sorted into Gryffindor. Her parents would be disappointed, but hopefully not angry. But her brothers would never let her hear the end of it. Of course, the biggest reason she wanted to be in Gryffindor was the fact that she truly thought it was the greatest house, and the house where she belonged. Slytherin? No thanks. Ravenclaw would be okay, she supposed. And Hufflepuff? Her brothers would never quit making fun of her. It had to be Gryffindor. Besides, everyone knew that was the house with the greatest wizards and witches. Since her surname was Zeller, she knew she would probably be the last to be sorted. Sure enough, every other first year had been sorted when finally her name was called. "Zeller, Brianna!" She was glad they didn't call middle names. Who wanted a middle name like Persephone? What had her parents been thinking? She snapped back to the present and walked forward to the stool, and put the hat on her head. Um, hello, hat? she thought nervously, wondering if the hat could hear her. It was magical after all. And her brothers had told her all kinds of things about this hat. Gryffindor, she thought, hoping the hat was listening. Not Slytherin. Gryffindor.

message 45: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) I walked with the rest of the first years into the great hall, there were two tables on either side of us. I looked up at the ceiling that looked like the night sky. My mother had told me all about Hogwarts, the stairs like to move, the candles flout and that the ceiling is bewitched to look like the sky outside. But what she hadn't told me was how you are sorted into each house she left that as a surprise for me.

We stopped in the front of the hall, lying on a stool ahead was a dusty old ragged witches hat, so this must be the decider of which house i would be in.

My mother had told me lots about the houses, Gryffindor were dwell the brave at heart, Hufflepuff were they are just and loyal, Ravenclaw if you've ready mind or Slytherin you'll make your real friends.

My mother told me that, "You might hear rumours about Slytherin house – that we’re all into the Dark Arts, and will only talk to you if your great-grandfather was a famous wizard, and silly stuff like that. Well, you don’t want to believe everything you hear from competing houses. I’m not denying that they've produced a share of Dark wizards, but so have the other three houses – they just don’t like admitting it. And yes, they have have traditionally tended to take students who come from long lines of witches and wizards, but nowadays you’ll find plenty of people in Slytherin house who have at least one Muggle parent."

And the best thing my mother told was that Merlin was in Slytherin, yes Merlin himself the most famous wizard in history was in Slytherin house.

I waited patiently for my name to be called, and sure enough "Entarla, Honey." Was called, I ran up to the stool and grabbed the hat jamming it on my head eagerly.

I kept my mind clear of thought waiting for the hat to make it's decision.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sofie?))

message 47: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((She's obviously busy.))

message 48: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Sarah wrote: "((She's obviously busy.))"

((Yes, I was. Sorry, Asmaa.))

[image error]

message 49: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

message 50: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) I hopped of the stool with joy, heading over to the Slytherin table who all congratulated me and shook my hand. I couldn't contain myself I was so happy tears nearly dripped down my face.

« previous 1