The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 265 (265 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod
Chat here!

message 2: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I'm trying to think of interesting characters...lol

Personality, name, history, etc.

message 3: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Yeah...I have to make the Headmaster/Headmistress soon.

message 4: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Yeah...I have to make the Headmaster/Headmistress soon."

Oooh~ That will be interesting? Thought of anything yet?

message 5: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Not much. I think I'll make a Headmistress...and she'll be from Ravenclaw, though, I think. I have no idea what her name will be....

message 6: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Not much. I think I'll make a Headmistress...and she'll be from Ravenclaw, though, I think. I have no idea what her name will be...."

Ooooh~ Thinking of the name is really fun! :D

message 7: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

I know :)

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin M. (siriusyareader) | 11 comments Mod
I like the headmistress you created :)

message 9: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) She almost reminds of Professor Mcgonagall! :) I liked her, she was fierce and strict when need be, and warm hearted at moments too! A nice and balanced mixture!

message 10: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

@Erin and Sarah: Thanks! Yeah, I was kind of intending to make her a blend of McGonagall and Hermione...

message 11: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Now that I created a student, do I go the the sorting hat to post 10 in character posts? I assume that I should post my ten posts there, but you never did clarify where. No offense intended of course, just want to make sure of where to post.

message 12: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Dec 25, 2012 12:51PM) (new)

Sarah wrote: "Now that I created a student, do I go the the sorting hat to post 10 in character posts? I assume that I should post my ten posts there, but you never did clarify where. No offense intended of cour..."

Sorry that I wasn't clear. I meant 10 in-character posts (RPs) around Hogwarts. THEN you post in the Sorting Hat. I didn't make any locations yet, because we only have 6 members, and I wasn't expecting any role-playing yet. But I'll create the locations now...and I'll make the directions more specific.

message 13: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Now that I created a student, do I go the the sorting hat to post 10 in character posts? I assume that I should post my ten posts there, but you never did clarify where. No offense in..."

Thanks for clarifying ^^

message 14: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Just finished my character! Yay! :)

message 15: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

:) Yeah, she reminds me of Ginny, even though you compare her to Fred and George. Looks good! :D

message 16: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Care of Magical Creatures seems to be a very popular elective class! lol

message 17: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Sarah wrote: "Care of Magical Creatures seems to be a very popular elective class! lol"

I know, right!

message 18: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Care of Magical Creatures seems to be a very popular elective class! lol"

I know, right!"

Yea! :)

Oh! Merry Christmas by the way, and nevermind if you don't celebrate it!

message 19: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I do! And Merry Christmas to you too!! :) and thanks about my character!!

message 20: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

You're welcome! Yep, Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah to all!! :))

message 21: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 25, 2012 03:28PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I know this is random, but I really really want to say this!

I used my favorite Fahrenheit 451 character as my character's first name, the middle name is just a random one I really liked, and the last name was from my favorite TV show, Bones! The main character's last name was Keenan before it got changed to Brennan! Yea, just saying! I gave a lot of thought, so I had to tell someone! What about you guys?

message 22: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Hmm, well my character is supposed to be like, really smart, so I wanted a name that meant 'smart' or intelligent'. Clara means 'intelligent one' and Sage is another word for intelligent/smart.

message 23: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Hmm, well my character is supposed to be like, really smart, so I wanted a name that meant 'smart' or intelligent'. Clara means 'intelligent one' and Sage is another word for intelligent/smart."

Cool! I like the name Clara, admittedly because it's sounds similar to Claire or Clarisse! I'm noticed a first name that begins with "Clar" is also popular!

message 24: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Weird, right? We have a Clara, a Clarisse, and a Clary! There better not be a Claire, a Clarissa, or a Clarabelle/Clarabella anytime soon.

message 25: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 25, 2012 03:43PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "Weird, right? We have a Clara, a Clarisse, and a Clary! There better not be a Claire, a Clarissa, or a Clarabelle/Clarabella anytime soon."

Yea, I know! lol I love the name Claire though! I really wanted to dedicate the first name of my character to the Fahrenheit 451 character I love so much!

message 26: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I just came up with three good names that sounded good together, I didn't realize until I finished that they were all plant names! Haha :)

message 27: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) They're plant names? *Goes and check the student profiles* Oh! Yea! I wasn't paying attention! They are plant names! LOL

message 28: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Ginger, you controlled my character in the Herbology thread?

message 29: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Yeah, sorry just a little bit so I could finish what I was typing. Is that ok?

message 30: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Ginger wrote: "Yeah, sorry just a little bit so I could finish what I was typing. Is that ok?"

Next time just ask me, I let it go because you did a pretty good post anyways!

message 31: by Rose (new)

Rose (dottedlines) Hullo everyone :)

message 32: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Vixen wrote: "Hullo everyone :)"

Hi Vixen!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

hey people!

message 34: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Hi Xhorxia!

message 35: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Oh, and if anyone wants to RP, I did a post in the Charms classroom, and anyone can join in if they want.

message 36: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

I just noticed that almost every student character is a 4th year!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, I'll make a boy character that's a 2nd year

message 38: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Good! we need more diversity here :).

message 39: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I'm thinking about making a male 11 year old that will be a Slytherin, and he will be Clarisse's younger brother. I wanted him to be like a rotten short tempered brat, I'm not sure how to play one though...that's one of the things stopping me.

message 40: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Playing the mean characters is surprisingly fun. At first I thought it would be hard too - but it turned out to be easier than I though it would be.

message 41: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I still don't know exactly how I would manage it. Maybe the whole entire idea just not to be afraid to exaggerate, because if a character is short tempered, the dumbest thing could set him off. Ooops, I don't mean to say that he must be in Slytherin, but I will play him bad enough to make sure that he will be put into Slytherin.

message 42: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Yeah, I kind of know what you're saying...

message 43: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) sorry, I think the previous post, I was kind of talking to myself....lol

message 44: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

No it's okay, you weren't. I just didn't know how to reply.

message 45: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Sofie wrote: "No it's okay, you weren't. I just didn't know how to reply."

lol okay then!

message 46: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Mines a third year, I'm thinking about making a boy named Ash. I'm going to role play now so I can finish so I can get my charry sorted! I'm hoping Gryffindor?

Getana Torani  - connectedChaser | 36 comments I need to finish Suzume. Mweh.....

message 48: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Ginger wrote: "Mines a third year, I'm thinking about making a boy named Ash. I'm going to role play now so I can finish so I can get my charry sorted! I'm hoping Gryffindor?"

I can't really tell you...if your character's personality is like that of Gryffindor, then we'll put them in that House.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Yo!
I've done 10 rp's, I can do the sorting hat now huh?

message 50: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Yeah...I wanted to discuss it with Erin, but she has to leave for 5 days...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6