The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Josh Hutcherson / Peeta - Yay or Nay?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sophie Who liked Josh Hutchinson in the role of Peeta? Personally, I didn't, but that's just me. What do you think?

message 2: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe I loved him as Peeta!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

He did a good job (i dont really like Peeta as a character anyway)

Mariam Matta ITS HUTCHERSON!!!! ARGH!!!

Mariam Matta And he made an awesome Peeta! How dare you insult my future husband! Shame on you! *shakes head*

Leah Yay

Rachel YAY

Summer Rose Its Josh Hutcherson not Hutchinson
and i love him as a actor and i think he is great for the part

Sandra Yeah, he should stay Peeta :D He played great!

Chloe Ricciardelli He makes a great Peeta!

message 11: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml I couldn't stand him. Every time I saw him on screen I wanted to kick his knee shins. He made Peeta look a whimp; he lacked any bite at all. Peeta already has problems from fans thinking he would be dead without Katniss, Hutcherson only made that worse. Plus, he doesn't really look like Peeta to me. Personally, I think Graham Rogers looks exactly how I imagined Peeta.

Miss_Tessa_Melissa Eml wrote: "I couldn't stand him. Every time I saw him on screen I wanted to kick his knee shins. He made Peeta look a whimp; he lacked any bite at all. Peeta already has problems from fans thinking he would b..."

Agreed. He would be better suited to play a hobbit.

Moshira El Balamony I think he did the role perfectly, just like his character in the books!

Dingetje50 He needs to stay Peeta of course, or else the movie fans would start rioting, but personally I didn't really like him playing Peeta in the movie. Considering that I saw the movie before reading the book, that means quite something. Actually, I started reading the series hating Peeta because of the way he was pictured in the movies, although the books managed to soothe that feeling, and for the best, considering the ending of the series. I think the way Peeta is pictured in the movies is a little bit... flat, compared to the character in the book series. But enough people swoon over him, so I guess he's a great Peeta to most. The opinion of a single person doesn't really count in the movie industry.

Stéphanie his acting was good. i just wished that he was a bit taller

Veronika I loved him as Peeta!

message 17: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Misstessamelissa wrote: "Eml wrote: "I couldn't stand him. Every time I saw him on screen I wanted to kick his knee shins. He made Peeta look a whimp; he lacked any bite at all. Peeta already has problems from fans thinkin..."

Your comment actually made me laugh out loud.

message 18: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Dingetje50 wrote: "He needs to stay Peeta of course, or else the movie fans would start rioting, but personally I didn't really like him playing Peeta in the movie. Considering that I saw the movie before reading the..."

People would swoon over him no matter who played him. Look at Alexander Ludwig, out of the actors who were up for the role of Peeta I wanted him, but he got casted as Cato. Now everyone is swooning over Cato, even though he's the biggest psychopath in the first book.

Rossy Mariam wrote: "And he made an awesome Peeta! How dare you insult my future husband! Shame on you! *shakes head*"

i agree on everything but one thing. You must have gotten confused there so I'll just straighten things out. Peeta is my future husband. :D just sayin :D

Annie Thought he did a great job....:) Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Aubrey Antram yay

message 22: by Jeni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jeni Regardless of whether I like him or not, I would dislike intensely a different actor playing Peeta in the next three movies. We're kinda stuck with him, now.

message 23: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I loved Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Oh, and @Rossy: What do you mean YOUR future husband???? He's MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Veronika Leah wrote: "I loved Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Oh, and @Rossy: What do you mean YOUR future husband???? He's MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D"
Okay but Gale is mine :D

Rossy Leah wrote: "I loved Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Oh, and @Rossy: What do you mean YOUR future husband???? He's MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D"

nuh-uh, i don't think so!! :D

message 26: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Are you guys arguing over having Hutcherson as a husband or Peeta for a husband? Because there's a difference-one will get you an arrow in the eye from Katniss.

Wise Cat I just saw the movie on cable, and Josh Hutcherson looks EXACTLY the way I pictured him when I read the book awhile ago! He IS CUTE!!!! I never trusted him as a character until towards the end of Mockingay. "Peeta" is a weird name too, as they had other names like "Glimmer". But I thought this was GREAT casting!

Rossy Eml wrote: "Are you guys arguing over having Hutcherson as a husband or Peeta for a husband? Because there's a difference-one will get you an arrow in the eye from Katniss."

lol, you're so right :D Hmm, they're both really cool, but I guess I'm arguing for Peeta because I know him better than I know Josh Hutcherson.

Jennifer O'gorman Chloe wrote: "He makes a great Peeta!"

I agree, he was way too wimpy. I just started the series again, finished book one and all I can see in my head is Josh (boo) and how the heck can people say they want to marry him?! I know he wasn't the same as Gale (not so woodsy, etc), but I very much liked that actor better.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I think he is the perfect Peeta, but his hair didn't look like he was a natural blond (which it should have)!!!

Rossy Jennifer wrote: "Chloe wrote: "He makes a great Peeta!"

I agree, he was way too wimpy. I just started the series again, finished book one and all I can see in my head is Josh (boo) and how the heck can people say..."

I wanted to marry him because he was so sweet. He was always there for Katniss, even though she treated him like worthless crap half the time. (SPOILER ALERT!!) and peeta is not a wimp, he's just too nice. For example, in Mocking Jay, we see the crazy side of him and we realize that he is actually pretty capable of causing damage, and we also see how much he truly loved Katniss and how many faults he overlooked because of that.

Jordan I don't think they could've gotten a better Peeta! He is perfect for the part and I pictured him when I read it and I think he and Jennifer has great chemistry on screen!

message 33: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Rossy wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Chloe wrote: "He makes a great Peeta!"

I agree, he was way too wimpy. I just started the series again, finished book one and all I can see in my head is Josh (boo) and how the he..."

Just because he doesn't want to blow up children doesn't mean he's a wimp. Peeta fought against the Capitol just as hard as Katniss. And unlike in the movie, he's the reason both of them get out alive, not Haymitch. Hutcherson's portrayal of Peeta was weak. He lacked any of Peeta's bite. Like when he was on the verge of dying, but he still says to Katniss, "Come to finish me off sweetheart?" Or, when they had the "feast." In the book Katniss literally has to drug Peeta to keep him away, in the movie he sleeps through it. Peeta is a lot stronger than people give him credit.

Godiva3 At first Nay, but then i got used to him and Yay!

Whitney I didn't picture Peeta being played by Hutcherson, still getting used to it. He didn't do bad playing Peeta, just not how I imagined it.

So, i dont know.

message 36: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth He did great

Tanvira Nay, Josh is a great actor and all but he is NOT Peeta. Not now, not ever, to me anyways. I actually saw Alexander Ludwigg or Alex Pettyfer or heck even Jake Abel as Peeta so Josh just made me really sad, I don't have anything against him, it's just that he's not what I would've expected....The only that bothers me about Josh Hutcherson is that our birthdays are tied toghether; October 12, I don't know why that matters but it still manages to bother me :/ *shrug*

message 38: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Tanvira wrote: "Nay, Josh is a great actor and all but he is NOT Peeta. Not now, not ever, to me anyways. I actually saw Alexander Ludwigg or Alex Pettyfer or heck even Jake Abel as Peeta so Josh just made me real..."

You should look up Graham Rogers. He's on revolution; looks just like peeta.

message 39: by D (new) - rated it 2 stars

D Nay, I am not a fan of his acting. I really disliked him as Peeta. I don't think he fit the part at all. The whole movie was a huge disappointment for me.

message 40: by Breanna (last edited Dec 27, 2012 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Breanna I thought they could have done better....... In the books they say Peeta is cute..... in the movies he is UGLY

Daphne I'm not criticizing Josh Hutcherson's acting ability. He's a wonderful actor, however, I don't think he fit the role too well. I feel like there were others who could've fit the bill better. Plus, I think he looks terrible as a blond.

Breanna Daph wrote: "I'm not criticizing Josh Hutcherson's acting ability. He's a wonderful actor, however, I don't think he fit the role too well. I feel like there were others who could've fit the bill better. Plus, ..."

I TOTALLY agree..... I think he should stick to other acting jobs...... He should leave the hunger games alone.

Zeina Nay, I read the books before seeing movie and he is not the perfect Peeta. He's a very good actor but I'm not a fan of him as Peeta, especially for the next movies when he will have a more active role.

Astra Well, he's alright. Not the guy I would've picked, but I think Josh did a good job...

Rossy Eml wrote: "Rossy wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Chloe wrote: "He makes a great Peeta!"

I agree, he was way too wimpy. I just started the series again, finished book one and all I can see in my head is Josh (boo) ..."

i agree with you halfway. Peeta is definitely not weak, but neither is josh hutcherson's portrayal of him. i think he did a really good job, and as jordan said, i don't think they could have gotten a better peeta!

Rossy Tanvira wrote: "Nay, Josh is a great actor and all but he is NOT Peeta. Not now, not ever, to me anyways. I actually saw Alexander Ludwigg or Alex Pettyfer or heck even Jake Abel as Peeta so Josh just made me real..."

jake abel= the host!! <3 im sorry, but once i read your comment, i had to comment back because jake abel is going to be in the host as ian and im really excited!!! :D

Breanna Zeina wrote: "Nay, I read the books before seeing movie and he is not the perfect Peeta. He's a very good actor but I'm not a fan of him as Peeta, especially for the next movies when he will have a more active r..."
I agree, he should stick to the movies he was good at...... like journey to the center of the earth. They could have done a better job at finding Peeta.

Claudie023 I love him in the movie but his hair not really . He didn't look the same . His brown hair are way better .

Josiane Claremont Eml wrote: "People would swoon over him no matter who played him. Look at Alexander Ludwig, out of the actors who were up for the role of Peeta I wanted him, but he got casted as Cato. Now everyone is swooning over Cato, even though he's the biggest psychopath in the first book. "

Yeah, I totally agree. Peeta's character in the movie is okay, but did it REALLY fit Peeta's image in the book?
And because of the movie portrayal, I think a lot of people were probably hoping for something like a Katniss-Cato thing, because apparently, Cato was better in the movie.

message 50: by Emily (last edited Dec 28, 2012 11:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily Nay :(. David Kross would have been my perfect Peeta. He's German, but can do an American accent. Beyond looking the part, because Hutcherson does too, I just think his acting skills are more on par with Jennifer Lawrence's than Hutcherson's are. Lawrence is an oscar-nominated actress- she's AMAZING, and I think she very noticeably outshined Hutcherson. That's fine, to a certain extent, since Katniss IS the heroine, but Peeta is probably the second most important character/love interest, and I just feel his talent didn't match hers. Kross, on the other-hand, is best known for starring opposite Kate Winslet in the Reader...so needless to say, I'm sure after that he could hold his own with Lawrence :P.

As for the "real" other choices for Peeta, I remember reading Evan Peters was one of the "finalists" for the role...now I LOVE Evan Peters and think he's also a way better actor than Hutcherson, but I'm so glad he ended up doing American Horror Story instead. For any AHS fans, it's sort of funny to compare the role he ended up playing with Peeta haha.

« previous 1