The Final Test discussion

Training Rooms > Archery Training

Comments Showing 1-50 of 214 (214 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Si walked in for archery. This was the time when according to her no one was in here. She never tried archery in front of others. She had the worst aim of archery in the world. If others were around they may get arrows sticking out from their buttocks. She never knew there was someone else there too.

message 2: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria released another arrow. It missed the center of the target by a ring, and she sighed. She was having an off day today. She walked towards the target and pulled the arrow out, inspecting the point.

message 3: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Ri slipped to the back of the training area, where he was relatively alone, and set up his human shaped targets. The ones he used were different, with areas shaded in red along the vital areas, and green where skin would normally be shown depending on various clothing styles.

message 4: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria glanced at the others around her. She raised her eyebrows when she saw the human shaped, color coded targets one boy had with him. They were actually impressive, not that she would ever tell him. She turned back to her own, boring target and felt a little disappointed. Oh well. She brought the bow up and drew back her arm. She took one breath in...one breath out. Then she released the arrow and a second later, sank into the dead center of the target.

message 5: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Ri took out a two quivers of arrows, each colored like the targets, and began shooting, starting with the green ones. Each arrow hit the wall behind it, after scratching a green area on the targets.

message 6: by Sky (last edited Dec 31, 2012 03:22PM) (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria tried to concentrate on her own practice, but she was distracted by the guy with the color-coded weapons and targets. Clearly he was serious about archery, while she only practiced so she had more fighting options than throwing knives. Was he just showing off, or was he that good without thinking about it? She had to admit though, the colors were both impressive and over the top.

message 7: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Next Ri used the red arrows, shooting them into the red areas, like the neck, the heart and eyes, then into other areas, like the hands, ankles, wrists and knees. These ones sank into the target. The last ones though, had less force in them, going in less than the first ones, because he got sight of a person glancing his way. 'She's not bad, maybe I could just leave my targets out after practice, instead of putting them away.' He thought as he went to gather the arrows.

message 8: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She wasn't usually one to say anything to someone she'd never met before, but it was obvious that he noticed her noticing him and his crazy targets. She saw how the last arrows he'd shot were not as buried into the target as the others. She released another arrow, this time at his target. It sank heavily into the target right next to his own arrow, hers going completely through the front of the target and back out the other side. She smiled slightly.

message 9: by Zack (last edited Dec 31, 2012 03:36PM) (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Startled, he whipped his head from next to the target to where the arrow came from, eyes widening slightly as he saw the girl he noticed before smiling at him. 'Well,' he thought, 'so much for an icebreaker.' Taking her arrow out he went to her and held it out.
"Hey now, there's no need to fight over my awesome targets" he said, grinning as he looked at the targets she had been shooting at.

message 10: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She raised her eyebrows slightly as she took her arrow back from him. "I think you're misunderstanding my point," she said. "I wasn't fighting you for your targets. I was simply pointing out that you're doing it wrong." she shrugged like it was the most obvious thing in the world. She tried to keep her expression neutral but wasn't exactly succeeding.

message 11: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Ok, Any tips for the poor beginner?" he asked, with the same grin, albeit slightly smaller.

message 12: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments "We'll, for starters," she said, walking around him to line up with one of the targets. "You let yourself get distracted." She drew another arrow back. "And you did not draw the string back far enough to be effective. You might as well just throw the arrow at them." She released and the arrow shot right into the colored area of the dummy's eye.

message 13: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Ah, just not used to people watching me train, I suppose that affected my technique. But is it really necessary to punch entirely through the skull of someone? I mean hitting them in the eye, but only going through halfway will kill them just as surely." He said, using a red arrow to hit the other eye, again hitting only partway through the target.

message 14: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments "If you plan to only inflict pain, then less strength would be better," she agreed, pulling out another arrow. "But I usually prefer to make it quick and painless. It's a courtesy I would want, so I grant it to others." She released the arrow and it struck the heart of the dummy.

message 15: by Zack (last edited Dec 31, 2012 04:28PM) (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "I have to agree with you there. I just never worried about it, because, as you might have seen with the green arrows, I don't always aim to kill with the arrow." Ri stated soberly, Using a green arrow this time, and grazing the side of the dummy's hand.

message 16: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She nodded. "I have to admit, I thought it was Christmas time when you walked in here with your red and green dummies and your red and green arrows. You should be a florist if you're this into colors," she smiled, tying to lighten the somber mood.

message 17: by Zack (last edited Dec 31, 2012 04:42PM) (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Nope, just have a very creative little sister hehe. She and my brother forced me to be organized after they almost mixed up some nightshade poison with our vinegar one day, though it wasn't my fault they looked through my study for a special type of tea I make" Ri declared sheepishly. "I'm more the organized chaos type of guy."

message 18: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She smiled, realizing it wasn't a fake one, but real. She hasn't really smiled in...well, a while. "Thanks for the heads up. Now I know not to eat or drink anything near you in case some poison somehow found its way there." She silently envied him for having siblings. She was an only child, dead set on avenging her father's murder.

message 19: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Well, now its only the new poisons you have to worry about, the healing potions and other things I create are immediately labeled and organized by them. Though you might want to also be wary of Tas" He said as a taipan snake slithered out of a pack on his back to lay across his shoulders. "Mae Govvanen Tas, This is.... Sorry, forgot to introduce us" he flushed. I'm Mallenri, and this is Tas"

message 20: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She raised her eyebrows. "Wow. Mallenri. Your name is quite a mouthful. I'm Adria," she said. "Some people call me Addy," she added, though she wasn't sure why. She tilted her head and looked at Tas. "I have to say, Mallenri, I'm surprised. I never would have pegged you as someone with a taipan snake."

message 21: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "It's actually my last name, but the one I normally use. You can just call me Ri. And Tas is very useful, he has been trained from the egg and is fairly intelligent. Also very venomous, a definite requirement in my pets. They all help with my various toxins and antidotes. Do you have any pets?"

message 22: by Sky (last edited Dec 31, 2012 05:42PM) (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She shook her head slowly, eyeing Tas suspiciously. "Is there any chance Tas is going to bite me if I do or say anything against you?" she asked. "Because that probably wouldn't end well."

message 23: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Nope! Well, maybe. Not very likely though, now that I've introduced you. He is protective of me and mine though, it's just how he's been trained. If you were to attack me he would be alert, and if I seemed in danger, he would warn you, then attack, but he won't do anything if it's someone he knows not to be worried about. Tas is the same with my siblings. If you want you can hold him, he is secretly very affectionate, he just likes to hide it" Ri said chuckling as the snake moved to rest its head on Ri's own.

message 24: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria smiled slightly when she saw the affection between the two. She was definitely interested in holding the snake, but she didn't want to impose or anything. "I might just take you up on that. But maybe not just now. I haven't eaten all day." Her stomach rumbled right on cue and she laughed under her breath.

message 25: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Ri gathered his arrows together and, putting them in the correct quiver, said, "I was going to go to the Cafe after training. Wanna come with?" Tas moved from his perch to wrap around Ri's arm, leaving his head on the shoulder. "I'm just going to leave my targets out for a bit; seems like I'm not the only one who grows tired of the standard ones" he grinned.

message 26: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She looked over at the basic target she had been practicing wih before. "We'll, you're right about that. And I'll go with you, as long as Tas doesn't accidentally poison me." Where was all of this joking coming from? She wasn't usually like this. Maybe it was because she wanted to be a person Ri would want to be around, which wasn't someone like her.

message 27: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Right, Namear Tas." Ri headed out of the area thinking 'what am I doing? Oh man, lil' bro will so tease me for this! I haven't hung out with anyone since before!'

message 28: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She followed after him, slinging her bow over her shoulder. 'This is new,' she thought.

((Rp in the cafe?))

message 29: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments ((I'm there :P))

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace walks in and picks up a bow and two arrows while slightly grinning.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane walked in and sighed 'Im gonna die' she muttered

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace smiles and knocks both of the arrows "hopefully not" he says and aims carefully.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

She smirked and grabbed a bow and arrow, then shot before him, as he was concentrating, she laughed, the arrow landed a few centimeters from the bulls eyes

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace almost lost his concentration but held still and released the arrows, one getting a bulls eye on one target and one almost getting a bulls eye on another target, he smiled "almost" he says slightly annoyed.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

She smiled, 'Sorry for that..couldn't wait' she joked

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace smiled "it's okay. I'll just get you back later".

(gtg)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

She laughed, 'Scared now'

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace smiled and picks up another arrow and aims it at a training dummy.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

She picked up another one and aimed it at the dummies head, she released it, it landed in the middle of the dummies head

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace smiles and turns around then releases the arrow watching it wizz right over Jane's head "stop taking my targets" he jokes

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

She jumped down 'Hey!' She laughed. Then went to take her own target

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace knocks a arrow and smiles "did i give you a scare?"

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

She put her hand on her heart 'Heart attack' she smiled and steadied herself

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Jace frowns and looks at himself "I'm really that scary" he jokes

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him

message 46: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Katherine Frey walked into the training room, keeping her distance. Her mother's quote ran through her head. She picked up a bow and knocked two arrows testing it. I want my first weapon that I'm going to train here to be this bow. I need to get stronger in this. She let it loose and the first arrow got bulls-eye but the other went to the inner ring. She got another two aiming again.

message 47: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Katherine narrowed her eyes as she tried again. One arrow split the bulls eye arrow but the other still landed outside the dot, even if it was fairly closer.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Xaviera wrote: "She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him"

Jace smiles and aims realeasing the arrow getting a bulls eye and smiles "this is to easy" he says

message 49: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) Kat looked at jace's arrow fly. it flew straight. She went to her target taking out the arrows she had used.

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 01, 2013 10:43PM) (new)

Tavo wrote: "Jace smiles and aims realeasing the arrow getting a bulls eye and smiles "this is to easy" he says"

She smirked and went in front of his target, 'Shot now' she said taking out her axe.

« previous 1 3 4 5