A Wild in Colbie discussion

Colbie shopes > Lily's Shabby Chic Shop

Comments Showing 1-50 of 145 (145 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments .

message 2: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh leaned against the front counter of the shop. Lily had asked him to watch over while she ran out to do something. He let himself go threw his many emails, reading them through and replying. He heard the door chime and looked up, expecting Lily.

message 3: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily's mother bustled through the door to the shop, Hope holding her hand.
"Joshie!" The little girl yelled, running over to him and raising her arms, demanding to be held. The similarities between Lily and her mother were uncanny, her mother basically looked like an older version of herself. Lily followed right after her mother, but didnt bat an eyelash at any one of them, not even Hope. Instead she retreated to the confines of her apartment, the distict sound of the door locking sounding soon after. Lilys mother, Lita, sighed, looking after her daughter.
"I advise you not to try to go near Bethy today." She directed the statement toward Josh.

message 4: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh, whose eyes had followed Lily until she closed her apartment door, frowned. He crouched down to pick up Hope, tickling her stomach to hear her magical laugh. "Hello to you too, Lita." He gave her a small smile, still confused about Lily's mood. "Why do you say that?" he asked her in regards to her suggestion.

message 5: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Just...Did she inform you on how Hope came about?" Lita questioned at length, her brow creasing into a frown as she looked up at Josh. Hope giggled happily, her arms now thrown around his neck.
"Mummy sad." She said, her voice muffled by his top.

message 6: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh nodded his head slowly as he gently rubbed Hope's back. "It was a high school fling..?" Why would she be upset by that? Was this about Hope? He softly pressed a kiss to the little girl's hair.

message 7: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Ahh." Lita said.
"Its not my place to say, you'll have to ask for yourself. But just be...Careful. Shes fragile today." She gently took Hope from his grasp, rocking her granddaughter back and fourth as she made her way toward the door before looking over her shoulder.
"And Josh? Dont hurt her." And with that Lita exited the store, Hope in her arms leaving Josh alone.

message 8: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh's mind was in a jumble. He watched their retreating figure in silence before locking the shop doors. He turned around and put a foot on the top step to Lily's apartment. His mind was still trying to put together what exactly was going on. He shook it off, walking up the stairs and letting himself into the apartment.

((I'll continue on the other thread.))

message 9: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Ok :)))

message 10: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I can't believe he peed on me." Lily said, wrinkling her nose as she held the puppy out in front of her whilst exiting the car. Of course, P.C wasn't to concerned about this, he was wriggling about in her grasp, causing Lily to stumble as she stood on the pavement.

message 11: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh hopped out of the car and steadied Lily by her shoulders, making sure to stay a arms width away. He let go shortly after and rushed to pick of Prince Charming. "We'll see if there is anything in there to help." He nodded toward the store.

message 12: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily nodded slightly.
"Right. I really think getting him housebroken would be a good idea." She said with a nod of her head, letting Josh take Prince Charming from her and ensuring Hope was beside her. She stood next to Josh, gesturing for him to follow as she made her way toward the store.

message 13: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) He followed after her and scanned around the shop. He turned to a a nearby employe and asked where the 'dog stuff' was. She gave him a look before pointing in a general area of the store. Josh thanked her and started heading over toward the area.

message 14: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily followed along, whilst Hope bounded ahead, and the term 'like a kid in a candy store' was perfectly relatable to this situation. Although instead of it being a candy store, it was a pet store.
"Should we get him a harness as well as a collar and lead." she mused, running her hands along the dog things.

message 15: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh shrugged and gestures to the isle of different dog outfits and such. "I suppose all that's stuff is here?" The only thing he knew from that list was collar. His family never had any types of pets.

message 16: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily went straight to work on picking out things, although Hope choose most of the items and then they were 'approved' by Lily, seeing as she could be quite...Bossy, at times.
"I think this is all of it." She said eventually, the basket she was carrying piled high with puppy supplies.

message 17: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh watched them picking out supplies for Prince Charming for a bit before wandering to get more dog/puppy food. He took it over to the cash register to wait for Lily and Hope to return. He smiled politely at the employe, no other customers were around.

message 18: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((How about the employee tries to make a move on him?))

Lily smiled as Hope dragged her over to another part of the dog isle, chattering away at how cute Prince Charming would look in a pink, frilly tutu. In all honesty she also thought it would be quite adorable, but also a type of revenge on the dog considering last nights occurrences, as well as him weeing on her today.

message 19: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) ((Sure.))

Josh rubbed his chin, trying to figure out what was taking them. They must be trying to figure out the softest ones, or something. He looks up to the cashier and says, "Sorry, It'll just be a minute." By a minute he meant five.

message 20: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments The cashier girl, who couldn't have been less than 19 smiled politely.
"Really its ok." She fluttered her eyelashes slightly, pouting her lips as she looked up at him. Had she had been in school, she would have definitely been labelled one of the populars, with perfectly straight blonde hair and skye blue eyes, along with a stunning smile and a slim, somewhat lacking figure.
"So what's your name." Her hand slid over Josh's, which was placed on the counter.
Lily was currently discussing with Hope which toy to get for P.C, and their discussion was becoming awfully detailed, especially for somebody who was only 4 years old.

message 21: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh gave her a mildly surprised look. Usually he didn't really get women coming on to him when he was out with Lily. Most likely because most women felt threatened by her. He ran a hand through the back of his hair. "Josh?" He said unsurely.

message 22: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Well Josh. How are you feeling today." The girl, who's nametag read Sylivia, leaned in closer so they were barely a few inches apart as she met his gaze, eyes studying him closely as she watched him.

message 23: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh shifted. "I'm fine, thank you." He replied smoothly. He glanced at where Hope and Lily went before looking back at Sylvia. "How are you?" He didn't really know what else to say to her. He wondered if she wanted a extra tip or something.

message 24: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I'm very much fine thank you." Again Sylivia fluttered her eyelashes, and as he shifted she moved with him, their lips only mere centimetres apart and slowly, gradually moving closer. She had seen him enter with Lily, in fact the two had been sworn enemies at school.
"She doesn't have to know." She breathed against his lips.
Hope tottered around, now beginning to change her mind on every little thing.
"I want this lead Mummy." The little girl stated, holding it up to Lily.
"Honey, cmon we have everything. We can come back later." She countered.

message 25: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh was starting to realize her obvious come on to him. He visibly swallowed, unsure how to go about this. "That nice.. It will only be another minute. My fiancé is just picking out a collar for our new pup." He told her, making sure to put a little emphasis on fiancé.

message 26: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Oh even better." Sylvia murmured, getting closer and closer until she hit something that sure as hell didn't feel like lips. Lily stood between the two now, her expression set into a scowl as she looked up at the girl of which she had always shared a burning dislike for.
"Sylvia." Her voice was cold, a tone not heard very often from Lily's mouth.
"Lilibeth." the girl behind the counter all but spat.
"We would like to be served please. Minus any kissing attempts." She stated, heaving the basket of items up onto the counter as her enemy began to scan through each before finally asking for payment. Of which Lily quickly whipped out her purse handing over her credit card and being given it back a few moments later.
"Thanks Sylvie." She plastered a sickly sweet smile on her face as she picked up the bags full of dog supplies and beginning to walk away, gesturing for Josh to follow. Hope of course was at her side, proceeding to look over her shoulder a good few times.
"I still can't believe you sent Simon to jail for something he didn't do." Sylvia called out from behind her. Which caused Lily's stomach to drop slightly, not because it hadn't happened, it had. But she hated when others called her a liar.

message 27: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) "You don't know what you're talking about." He growled at Sylvia before trailing after Lily. Once they stepped outside he wrapped a arm around her waist to pull her to him. He kissed her forehead gently. He reached his hand down to capture Hopes hand in his.

message 28: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily leant into Josh slightly, closing her eyes for the briefest of moments before opening them again.
"Who knew a trip to the pet shop could be so eventful, huh?" She joked somewhat uneasily.
"Come on, you should see how the cafe in the shop is getting on. I love working there, I had to set up interviews and everything. Quite exciting really, it made me feel important about my job." Lily managed with a grin.
"I guess P.C will be ok in there for about 5 minutes. I don't wanna keep him in there to long though because there's a dog policy and everything." She explained.

message 29: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh squeezed her to him gently before letting go and picking up Hope. He then slipped his hand in Lily's and started toward the cafe. "You putting adds up for the job?" He asked, strolling along the sidewalk.

message 30: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I've hired a couple of people, but I want a few more employees so the work load can be shared out more evenly and so I can spend more time upstairs in the cafe." Lily informed him, looking up at Hope before directing her attention back to Josh again and smiling softly.

message 31: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh nodded absentmindedly. His mind thinking about how he didn't want to have to leave in a few days. He would only be gone for about two weeks, but any amount of time sounded too much for him to be away from Lily. He got back into the topic, "Menu all planned out?"

message 32: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "If your talking about the design then definitely. The actual menu not so much." Lily said somewhat sheepishly, having gone straight for the thing that she loved-drawing- rather than doing the actual work.
"I'm half way through it if that means anything." she offered up with a smile as they entered the shop.

message 33: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh looked around the familiar shop before setting Hope down. "I can't wait to see it when you're done." He gave her a small smile before starting up the stairs that used to be to her apartment. He was curious as to what it looked like now.

message 34: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Well it's not completely finished yet. I want to open it up after you come back home for good." Lily admitted, slipping her hand around Hope's and then managing to intertwine her other hand with his as they entered the soon to be cafe.
"I know it's not completely there yet. But I'm happy with it so far." She admitted.
"I love the chairs, I thought they were adorable." She gushed, pulling him over to one of the tables with chairs seated around it.

(view spoiler)

message 35: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) "So adorable." He agreed with a slight chuckle. He turned a chair around to straddle it. He rested his chin on the back of the chair and looked around the cafe. "From what I see, it looks great. Real homey." He gave her a small smile.

message 36: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Yea, I'm hoping so." Lily said, releasing Hope's hand to walk around the place, making animated gestures as she explained her dreams for how she hoped it to end out, how she had always imagined it to be, clearly excited about the whole thing. Eventually after chattering on for at least ten minutes, she turned to him.
"So do you think people will like it?" She asked, slipping into the chair in front of him and turning herself slightly so they were facing each other.

message 37: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh brought his hand to caress her cheek lightly. "I know they will." He told her honestly, deep in thought. "Who wouldn't? Great food, environment. Eye candy." He winked at Lily before dropping his hand to rest back on the chair.

message 38: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily smiled softly, her grin widening slightly as he spoke.
"I love you so much Josh. I just...Without you, I don't know what I would do." She informed him with a shake of her head.
"I never thought I would be one of those soppy girls." She admitted, the corner of her lips drawn up slightly.

message 39: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) "I love you too. You deserve to be one of those girls. I don't think I would be the same without you. We complete each other." He was his mother's son, sappy at times and all. His smile widened as he spoke, his eyes attached to hers.

message 40: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "That we do." Lily said simply, leaning over to lay a gentle kiss on his lips before pulling away again.
"So what else would you like to do today?" She questioned with a curious glint in her eyes.

message 41: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh scratches his chin. "I told my mum she could drop by this afternoon. I already told her about the engagement but she wanted to see for herself." The woman was just couldn't believe that her little boy was settling down.

message 42: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Oh, I like your mum. I'll make her some cupcakes or something." Lily decided with a smile and a nod of her head, looking over at Hope of which had busied herself by playing with a box of old toys she had purposely left behind at the old apartment, and hadn't gotten around to binning.

message 43: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh nods his head, "She loves those red velvet cupcakes. Goes mad over them." He followed her gaze to Hope who had picked up one of her old dolls. He caught Lily's hand and gave it a light squeeze as he held it.

message 44: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Red velvet it is. I'll make your favourites as well. And Hopes. And mine. I think I'll just flat out bake a load of cupcakes." Lily mused, smiling as he got a hold of her hand, and intertwining her fingers with his.
"I could show you how to bake them." She offered up with a grin.

message 45: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh makes a look of surprise with a spark of intrigue. "Are you sure? We usually don't work well together in the kitchen.." He smirks at her, recalling the memory. "I suppose I should learn though, Hope could help as well."

message 46: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Yep, it'll be like a family thing. Although if you mess up the kitchen, I won't hesitate to hurt you." Lily warned. Since Josh being away, the kitchen had officially become her's. And consequently if anything bad happened in it, she certainly wasn't a happy bunny.

message 47: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh gave her a stern solute before standing up from the chair. "Princess, want to help us make some cupcakes?" He already knew what the answer was, but he liked to see that sparkle of excitement in her eyes. So many things he had missed while he had been away.

message 48: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Hope turned around grinning and clapping her hands together excitedly, eyes gleaming.
"Yea! Sparkle cup cakes. With princesses." She stated, knowing full well that her mother would be able to do something of the sort. Even if they didn't have sparkles Lily would find some somewhere. She tottered over back to Josh, raising her arms into the air. Lily smirked slightly, also standing from her own chair.

message 49: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh swept Hope up and swung her around once before heading toward the kitchen. Once inside, he set Hope down on a nearby counter away from a cabinet that she could bump her head on. She had grown a few inches since he had left.

message 50: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily smirked slightly.
"Your lucky I plan ahead and stocked this place up with supplies a few days ago." She informed him, with a grin before collecting her apron from a hook on the back of the door, placing the floral thing around herself and tying a knot at the back. She smiled slightly as she plucked Hope's only little apron up and expertly put it over her daughters head and tying it up before looking at Josh.
"Looks like I know what to get you for your birthday." She said with a smirk, gesturing to the fact that he didn't have an apron.

« previous 1 3