The Cat's Tale discussion

Novel of the month! > January book pick

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katastrofekat (new)

Katastrofekat | 7 comments Mod
So, what is the expectation for this book?

message 2: by Kiwie (new)

Kiwie | 5 comments Mod
I have no idea. I like that the book is an expansion of a story told on an album (by the same name, it's Rush), which is why I find this interesting. Also:
a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life.

Pirates! Carnivals! Anarchists! Fun & interesting stuff that.

message 3: by Katastrofekat (new)

Yeah, was sold when the description included both pirates and steampunk. I really hope it will live up to my expectation!

message 4: by Lovisepanda (new)

Lovisepanda | 2 comments hello are you from Norway? Jeg er det :D

message 5: by Katastrofekat (new)

Ja, vi er fra Norge, but lets talk in english. Welcome!

message 6: by Lovisepanda (new)

Lovisepanda | 2 comments Okay thanks. :D clockwork angels seems really interesting. i have never heard of it before but i will definitely check it out.

message 7: by Silje (new)

Silje Sørensen | 1 comments Hello;) I love the clockwork-angels ;) but is it a now book your reading ??

message 8: by Katastrofekat (new)

Silje wrote: "Hello;) I love the clockwork-angels ;) but is it a now book your reading ??"

No, this was the book we read in January. Right now we are reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. You can read what we thought of Clockwork angels on our book clubs blog, at www.catstalebookclub.blogspot.com