Sublie, Colorado ~Advanced group~ discussion

Housing > The Wilson Family Household

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 105 comments http://www.thebeautyfile.com/wp-conte...

Annie and her husband Peter saved up for three years to buy this house. It's beautifully furnished and has a 'homey' feel to it
Visitors are welcome, but the most common visitors are Annie's kids!

message 2: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 105 comments Annie had just finished reading the daily newspaper, still donning her dressing-gown. Her husband Peter had left for work, and the kids were God-knows-where.
Annie put her mug of coffee on the countertop and went to get dressed. She didn't have to show up at the bar until 6pm, so she reckoned she could get a fair bit of cleaning done before then.

Just as she had gotten dressed, the familiar battered, red truck belonging to Daniel crunched up the path. Annie cursed under her breath.
She had forgotten he was coming.
In a last minute scramble she set boiled the kettle and arranged a sponge cake she had planned to share with Peter for their wedding anniversary on a plate on the kitchen table. Annie brushed down her clothes, and calmly opened the door.
"Oh, Daniel, hun! Y'all come in, now!" She exclaimed, awkwardly embracing him. Daniel hugged his mother back; something he hadn't done in months.
"So, er...where's Dad?" He asked. Annie bit her lip. "He couldn't get off work. I'm sorry, Dan. But follow me through to the kitchen, I bought a cake especially..." She bluffed. Daniel looked sceptical.
"I do know where the kitchen is," he answered, a little bitterly. Annie frowned. "Of course you do," she said softly, and they headed into the kitchen and sat down.

message 3: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 105 comments A few minutes of awkward conversation later, Annie spoke up. She took Daniel's hands in hers.
"I LOVE you, Dan. You're my son, of course I love you. And I know that I haven't always been the greatest mom to you, not when you needed me. AND I know that these little conversations haven't done us any good. So I need to tell you, Daniel Wilson, that I love you. I need you to know that, first of all."

A tear slid down her cheek as Daniel looked at the table. He knew forgiving his mother was what Millie would have wanted, even though she barely showed up at her funeral, and was, deep down, what he wanted.

Annie sniffed. "Next; I want you -and R and B, if you want - to move in here. That house holds bad memories, Dan. Memories that are tainted by pain."
Daniel shook his head. "No," he protested quietly. Annie continued.
"You have no money, Dan!" She said. "I saw you in the Bar, fiddlin' round with quarters and nickles to pay for a beer. Really, Dan, it's unreasonable to have a life like that. To rely so heavily on such a bad job for food."
"Millie was going to be a chef. She was taken on by Miss Darling. She had big things planned. We were moving to Boston. Did you know that? We would have been fine," Dani cut in. Annie smiled sadly. "'Would' being the key word, Daniel. 'Would'. But it's time to move on," she said kindly. Daniel stood up, his strong fists clenched.

"No way am I moving in here again. NO WAY. So you can forget that dumb idea. Secondly, I like my job. I've already met a - a promising... client. So, there's that practically sorted. Lastly, you have no right to control my life. It's easy for you. You grew up in a perfect farm with a perfect family, perfect money, a perfect husband. I could have had the perfect wife. But I damn didn't! I ... I DIDN'T! Okay? So you can eat your fancy sponge cake, go read the paper, waltz into your well-paying job at all hours, cook a lovely dinner for your perfect family, and y'know what? I'll be at home, BY MYSELF, drinking - wait, not even drinking beer - when I should be arrsnging my wedding with my FIANCÉ."
Daniel took a deep breath, then sat down, his head in his hands.

He was crying.

Annie, too, cried. She cried for her son, her soon-to-be-, but not any more, -daughter, her mistakes, her guilt.

message 4: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 105 comments Only 30 minutes had passed, but it felt like 30 hours.
Daniel had cleaned himself up, and drank a few mugs of herbal tea.
"This'lk make you feel right as rain," Annie had told him gently as he sniffed the aromatic drink.

Now, Daniel had waved from the path

message 5: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 105 comments Only 30 minutes had passed, but it felt like 30 hours.
Daniel had cleaned himself up, and drank a few mugs of herbal tea.
"This'lk make you feel right as rain," Annie had told him gently as he sniffed the aromatic drink.

Now, Daniel had waved from the pathway and climbed into his car. Annie blew him a kiss from the doorstep as he drove away. They seemed to have made up, but Annie knew she was going to have to try even harder to regain his full trust.

message 6: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 105 comments Annie had cleared away and was donning a patterened, flowy skirt to her ankles, a plain white t-shirt, a scarf that matched the skirt and sandals.
She locked up the housr, got into her large car and drove towards the Bar.