What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Children's newi-sh series, girl spy (detective?), mall

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (last edited Dec 24, 2012 02:14PM) (new)

Angie Andrea (angie-andrea) | 1 comments I NEED HELP! Ok, so a couple years ago, I read a book: Not YA, or A, but a kids/child novel. Kinda like a Junie b. Jones or animal house series.

The first book was about a girl who lived below a mall and worked as a spy. She had a fiend there who played the violin. Basically, the story goes on to her going to school to protect a rich girl who is rumored to be kidnapped. Befriending the girl, she Learns the the girl's father is the kidnapper, who really wants to capture her. I know there are other books in the series, and I would really like to read them. The book was this hot pick color with either a black silhouette or some sort of computer code on it. I don't really remember.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Dec 23, 2012 09:10PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
how long ago was "many years"? My first thought (until I re-read it and saw the Not-a-YA part) was that it was one of the I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You books. Except that she doesn't live below a mall. Sigh, that's what I think of automatically now when someone mentions "girl spies".

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Whenever I hear "girl spies" I think of Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City, which I don't think fits exactly, but is a great read.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) I'm old, I think of Harriet The Spy, but that doesn't fit at all either.

Yes, we need to get posters to define 'a long time ago' and 'when I was a kid' - but Angelina says (maybe she edited?) 'a couple of years ago.'

I've changed the subject line, too.

message 5: by Mir (new)

Mir | 703 comments Not all the details match, but I think this is a series so it could be a later book: Bad Kitty.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Angelina, are you still looking for this series?