My Sister's Keeper My Sister's Keeper discussion

For someone who likes Sparks' novels?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie I bought this last night for my sister as a Christmas present. I was totally unsure as to what to get her because she said that she loves to read but hadn't had a good book in a while. She said that she likes Nicholas Sparks kind of novels, and of course all the ones that I found at the store she's read before. So, would this be a good pick for someone who likes Nicholas Sparks' books? I have read almost unanimously positive reviews for this and for Jodi Picoult's writing in general, so I thought this would be good for her.

Thoughts?

Lorri If she like Nicholas Sparks she should like this book. It is a good book. I think her best on is 19 Minutes.

Maddie Ironic you mention 19 Minutes... I also bought that for my mother. I'm a bit wary of giving that one to her as well, but I'm hoping that she'll like it. I was just nervous about My Sister's Keeper because I wasn't sure if she would be too keen on the idea in the book.

Rebecca It is a beautiful story, I think that she will like it. It is definitely reminiscent of Sparks' novels, and is all of the things that make a great fictional story including laughter, tears, heartbreak, and hope. I loved this book. The movie that they did for it was pretty good too, makes me cry like a baby every time.

Maddie Since it was Christmas, I gave it to her today. She seemed happy about it, but later asked me if I wanted her to cry... Hoping that's a good sign?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I watched the movie and also read the book,its wonderful.I am also a spark fan and i loved this book.

Linda Maddie wrote: "I bought this last night for my sister as a Christmas present. I was totally unsure as to what to get her because she said that she loves to read but hadn't had a good book in a while. She said tha..."

Linda If you like this book, my all time favorite was The Pact!!! Love, love, love....

Esmeralda I'm not a fan of Sparks but I do like Jodi Picoult. She writes about many important issues. I've read several of her books.

Michael It depends on the book by Nicholas sparks, he writes mainly on the romantic side. However, there are a few books that he has written that bears similarities to this.