Indie Book Club discussion

Dragon Blade (War of the Blades, #2)
This topic is about Dragon Blade
Self Promotion > Dragon Blade is finally here!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (last edited Dec 23, 2012 11:28AM) (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments I'm thrilled to announce the release of Dragon Blade.

Dragon Blade (War of the Blades, #2) by J.D. Hallowell

Swords forged by dragon magic. Ancient rivalries flaring into all-out war. Dragon Riders caught up in a clash of hidden powers. A world hangs in the balance.

Dragon Blade, the final book in J.D. Hallowell’s War of the Blades, is the epic sequel to the story begun in Dragon Fate. Delno Okonan, his draconic bond-mate, Geneva, and their allies among the Dragons and Riders are once again caught up in events controlled by unseen forces. They must uncover the real secrets behind Corolan’s death and the Rorack insurgency to defeat a threat that could destroy them all and leave the world they know forever altered.

And to celebrate, I'm making the first book in the series, Dragon Fate, free through December 26th.

message 2: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Congrats J.D. I'll be looking forward to reading the book.

message 3: by Will (new)

Will (wweisser) | 6 comments Nice one J.D.. I have some free time this week with the kids out of school, so I decided to purchase the first one and give it a read.

message 4: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Will wrote: "Nice one J.D.. I have some free time this week with the kids out of school, so I decided to purchase the first one and give it a read."

Thanks, Will! I appreciate it, and hope you enjoy it.

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Will wrote: "Nice one J.D.. I have some free time this week with the kids out of school, so I decided to purchase the first one and give it a read."

Hope you enjoy it:)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments By the way JD I think those covers are very striking:)

message 7: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "By the way JD I think those covers are very striking:)"

The covers are by Craig R. Smith over at Smithcraft Press. He's amazing.

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Cool, they are pretty awesome:)

message 9: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new) - added it

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
Nice! I've been waiting for this one! Congrats, J.D.!

message 10: by J.D. (last edited Jan 07, 2013 09:37AM) (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Nice! I've been waiting for this one! Congrats, J.D.!"

Thanks! I really hope you enjoy it.

I'm absolutely overjoyed that the books are being so well-received. Last time I checked, Dragon Blade was at #16 in Kindle Epic Fantasy Hot New Releases (past 30 days).

message 11: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new) - added it

Nicely done! Congrats!! It's well deserved!

message 12: by A.L. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments :) Yay that is great. Well I stayed up until about 2am to finish it:)

message 13: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: ":) Yay that is great. Well I stayed up until about 2am to finish it:)"

While I sincerely apologize for disrupting your sleep schedule, I think this is just about the nicest compliment anyone can give to an author! Thank you.

message 14: by A.L. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Hehe no worries. It was great:) Good job I was on holiday really:)

message 15: by A.L. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Will there be any more?

message 16: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "Will there be any more?"

There will be at least two more books set in the same world, one following most of the same main characters, and one where the main characters and story arc from the War of the Blades books play more minor roles. The first drafts of both are completed now, and I'm working on the intial edits.

message 17: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Menefee (authorjsmenefee) | 2 comments Love the cover. I downloaded the book and it's high on my want to read list.

message 18: by A.L. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Oh awesome, will look out for those. The only thing I couldn't get my head round was a dragon being called Sheila;)

Just doesn't strike me as a dragon's name.

message 19: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Jeremy wrote: "Love the cover. I downloaded the book and it's high on my want to read list."

Thank you - Craig R. Smith did a beautiful job with both the covers. I was thrilled when I saw them. I hope you enjoy what's inside, too.

message 20: by A.L. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Yes the covers are lovely. Very striking:)
What is within is pretty good too:)

message 21: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Menefee (authorjsmenefee) | 2 comments Just finished reading Dragon Fate. Well worth buying!

message 22: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "Yes the covers are lovely. Very striking:)
What is within is pretty good too:)"

Jeremy wrote: "Just finished reading Dragon Fate. Well worth buying!"

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the books.

message 23: by A.L. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Oh and I caught up my sleep now.

message 24: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "Oh and I caught up my sleep now."

I'm so glad to hear it! Does this mean I need to hurry up and get the third book out? ;)

message 25: by A.L. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Haha. Well I have a long reading list and I need to work on my own second book. Let me know when Book 3 is ready though:)

message 26: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "Haha. Well I have a long reading list and I need to work on my own second book. Let me know when Book 3 is ready though:)"

Absolutely!

message 27: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new) - added it

Things are finally calming down around here with clients, writing, etc. Falling into a nice pattern, so I have some (gasp!) free time. Can't wait to get started on this one!

message 28: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Things are finally calming down around here with clients, writing, etc. Falling into a nice pattern, so I have some (gasp!) free time. Can't wait to get started on this one!"

I hope you enjoy it!