A Wild in Colbie discussion

Colbie Homes > Lily's Apartment

Comments Showing 1-50 of 210 (210 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments .

message 3: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh slowly opened the door, looking around the apartment. Everything seemed in place. He went to her bedroom door. He raised his hand as if to knock, before putting his ear to the door to listen in. He didn't ear anything on the other side, so he let himself into her room as well.

message 4: by wanderer (last edited Dec 24, 2012 04:25PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily had curled up in the middle of the bed. She had changed her attire to that of one that was simply comfy clothes and stray tears were rolling down her face. She was clearly out of sorts, seeing as she didnt have a speck of make up on her, nor was a smile plastered on her face. She had muffled her sniffles with the duvet and she looked up slightly as she saw Josh enter the bedroom.
"Go away." She mumbled, not wanting him to see her in her current state.

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh felt his heart plummet, looking at her in that state. She was still as beautiful as ever, but her tears ruined his perfect picture. He took off his shoes and socks before sliding onto the bed next to her. He wrapped a arm around her, silently spooning her to him. "What's wrong?" he murmured into her hair.

message 6: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Its nothing. Im being stupid." She lied, although turned over, burying her face in his chest as he laid down next to her, attempting to hold back her tears that were threatening to fall.

message 7: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh softly rubbed her back. "You can tell me, it's obviously not stupid." He kissed the top of her head, trying to comfort her. He felt like he would go mad if he didn't know what was wrong.

message 8: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily let out a shaky breath, closing her eyes before pulling away from him and sitting on the edge of the bed, her back to him.
"You know how I told you Hope was a highschool fling? I lied." She said simply, trying to use shorter sentences to prevent herself from breaking down completley.

message 9: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh sat up, sitting Indian style on the bed. His mind raced with all the different assumptions she had. Why had she lied? Why was she just now telling him the truth? He could feel himself starting to steam with anger. She must not trust him. He had given her and her daughter everything and she didn't even trust him. His chest felt like it was on fire. He waited for her to continue.

message 10: by wanderer (last edited Dec 24, 2012 04:51PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "About...About 4 years ago now, I was in a relationship with this guy. It was just one of those highschool sweetheart things y'know? It wasnt going to turn into anything more. But the guy I was with. He was...Over bearing. To the point of possesive. And he was pressuring me into having sex with him. But I wasnt ready for that. I didnt want to, so I ended it. But he didnt like that." Her breath hitched slightly.
"I uh...I was walking home from work. I had worked a late shift because my co-worker was ill. But...But as I was walking he..He cornered me." She wiped a stray tear from her cheek.
"He said it was for my own good. Said that it had to be done. I tried to fight back. Scream. But it was no good. He...He raped me." a short sob escaped her throat.
"I was raped Josh. It wasnt a high school fling. I was raped." She repeated with a shake of her head, her body quivering as tears rolled down her cheeks.

message 11: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh rushed to her, pulling her back into his arms. "It's okay.."He murmured against her. He rubbed his arms lightly, feeling ashamed for his earlier anger. In the back of his head was the thought of her not telling him earlier, but he understood now. He pulled her down so she laid down, still crying into him. His hands clenched to fists at the thought of that guy touching her, hurting her like he did.

message 12: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily finally let herself break. Let herself be held as she finally released her tears, sobs wracking her body as she held onto him, her head buried in the crook of his neck as her small body quivered underneath his hands. The sound of her cries echoed throughout the room, her arms gripped onto him tightly, as if holding on to life itself.

message 13: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh gave her all the comfort he had, silently letting her cry. He knew there wasn't anything he could do. He originally came to the shop to ask her a big question once her mother left. He thought their relationship should move up to the next level. He would ask her tomorrow, today was obviously wasn't the best day. He continued rubbing her back.

((I'm assuming since they have been going out for so long that they have already had sex? And no, the question has nothing to do with sex. ))

message 14: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments ((Yea, they have had sex.))

"I-Im S-sorry." She managed inbetween hitched breaths, trying to banish her tears away, her body continuing to shake. Her face was red; A mixture of embaressment, shame, and sadness combined. Josh rubbing her back was slowly beginning to calm her down, although still the tears continued to fall, much to her dismay.

message 15: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) "No, don't be sorry." he breathed. "Look at what a beautiful thing was made from that. It gives you Hope and Hope gives you hope." He started lightly kissing her tears away from her cheeks. He tightened his hold around her, wanting her to know that he had her and he wouldn't let go.

message 16: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily nodded slightly, her hands gripping onto his clothing, as if it would pull him closer. She managed a watery smile as he kissed the tears from her cheeks before resting her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Usually she didnt like being held so tightly. But right now it made her feel safe. As if nothing could ever hurt her.

message 17: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh remained silent for a moment, second thinking asking her. He decided he might as well. He exhaled a deep breath, "Lily, I was wondering.." he paused, hesitating before continuing. "If you and Hope wanted to move in with me?" he spoke in a rush, his head now wondering what he would do if she rejected.

message 18: by wanderer (last edited Dec 24, 2012 05:41PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Move in with you?" Lily repeated the words, as if to make sure she hadnt misheard. It barely took her two beats to reply.
"Of course we would." Her arms now looped around his neck as she pressed her lips against his, kissing him passionatley, her cheeks still tear stained for her previous crying scene. In all honesty she couldnt think of anything better than being able to move in with Josh. To be able to wake up everyday seeing his face.

message 19: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Despite the predicament, Josh broke into a smile. He kissed her back, his mind still on the fact that she wouldn't be a drive away everyday. He pulled back, gazing upon her in a look of wonder. "I love you." He wondered what Hope's response would be. And his mother's. And Lily's mothers. And Lily's siblings, especially Roman. That would be fun.

message 20: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I love you. I love you. I love you." Lily repeated over any over in a chanting style. She couldnt possibly explain her feelings for him, only that they were so...So big. So important in her life now. Nothing else mattered apart from the two of them at that moment, and she buried her face in his shoulder again.

message 21: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh could feel his heart fill with every word of love from her mouth. He needed her to know that he loved her more then anything. Especially at this time in his life because his job was getting so hectic. He was surprised to find out about himself that he actually wanted the whole family thing. Hell, he already though of himself as Hope's father.

message 22: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily sighed against his shoulder, breathing in his smell and closing her eyes. She would be quite content to just lay there the whole day in his arms, feel safe all the time just as she was now.
"Im sorry I didnt tell you." She mumbled, voice slightly muffled by his shirt.

message 23: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) "You should be." he murmured. "But it's alright, because I forgive you... Just don't keep anything from me okay? This wont work without..trust." he felt kind of stupid saying it like that, but he felt that it needed to be said.

message 24: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I trust you." Lily repeated in a serious tone, snuggling up ever closer to him.
"But if we're still on the subject of revealing secrets, my real name is Lilibeth. Thats why my siblings call me Bethy." She explained, her voice still thick with tears.

message 25: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh smiled softly. Her mother had already mentioned that before, saying that Lily didn't like the full name. He never wanted to bring it up because he thought it was cute that she was embarrassed by it. "Oh Lilibeth." he sighed. "What a strange name." he tried lightening up the mood.

message 26: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I know. It's so...Childish." Lily stated, a light blush tinting her cheeks as she pulled away, gazing up at him and reading his facial expression. She could read Josh like the back of her hand and an inquisitive look masked her face.
"My mum already told you my name, didn't she?" she questioned, one elegant eyebrow arched slightly.

message 27: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh chuckled softly, "Yes. She did." He kissed her softly once again, his arms still around her. He brushed one hand up to smooth away her hair. "You would love Paris." He knew it wasn't the best time to bring it up again, but he has wanted her to visit with him for the past few weeks.

message 28: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Paris?" Lily questioned, her breath still hitching ever now and then as she rubbed her blotchy red face looking up at him with red rimmed eyes sniffing slightly.
"I've always wanted to see the Eiffel tower." she admitted. The thought of going to France, to Paris. To the city of love with Josh made her heart swell slightly, and she managed a watery smile up at him.

message 29: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh beamed down at her, happy that she enjoyed the idea as much as he did. He nuzzled his face in her hair, "Do you think your mom could take Hope for a few days? I love her and I'll be happy to take her. I just want to go for us this time." He knew it was a lot to ask and even though he loved Hope like a daughter, she could still be a handful at times.

message 30: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I was just about to suggest the same thing." Lily informed him, her arms wrapped around his torso now. It was unexplainable, how much she felt for him. How much he meant to her.
"It would be nice. For once just to be the two of us, to maybe act like kids for once. I didnt really get to live out my teenage years how I'd planned." She said, her tone slightly defeated. After just one incident all her dreams, aspirations. Everything crushed and replaced by one sole goal. To raise her child.
"Do you think your father would like me?" Lily questioned. She had heard alot about Josh's father, but due to the fact that she had Hope she had yet to meet her boyfriends dad, and wished only to prove to him that she was worthy of his son.

message 31: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh chewed the inside of his cheek, thinking about how she had lost her teenage years. He was lucky enough to have all the free time he wanted, until he was eighteen and the film compony started taking off. At the sound of her question, he let out a sad smile. "I'm sure he'll like you.." There was a reason he was a mommy's boy. Honestly, he didn't know how his father would respond to Josh bringing home a serious girlfriend.

message 32: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Lily said with a nod and a sigh.
"All that matters is that I love you, and you need to remember that." She repeated again, as if in the 5 minute time frame he had somehow forgotten her words. THe overwhelming sense of sadness flooded over her again. It was usually like this. The sadness would come and go throughout the day, leaving her to look like she had some sort of bipolar disorder. Tears stung her eyes again and she desperatley tried to brush them away.
"Y'know you can go if you'd like. I'll probably just be crying the whole day anyway." She paused, more ters rolling down her cheeks.
"I just realised I must look a state." She said in a somewhat defeated tone.

message 33: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh started rubbing his arms on her back once more. His hands kneading into her. He kissed the fallen tears from her cheeks. "I love you too. That's why I'm not letting you go. Not now, not ever." It was the most honest truth he had ever said, hoping the double meaning behind it was obvious.

message 34: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily managed a watery smile again.He wasnt going to leave, he would be with her...Forever. It was a hard thing to get her head around, but at the same time she liked the idea an awful lot.She wrapped her arms around his torso again, sure now that they were as close as two people could possibly get. She sniffed a few times, burying her face in the crook of his neck again. After a few moments she shifted ever so slightly.
"Josh, im hungry." She said, voice shaky and quiet.

message 35: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh tried to restrain his chuckle. Ever since she discovered that he did a few cooking classes in Paris to impress the ladies, she was always hungry. He thought about what to make her for a moment. "Do you have any more Nutella?" He had the perfect pick-me-up for Lily.

message 36: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Thats a silly question. I always keep stocked up on nutella. It's a gift from the gods." On some days, days when Lily felt like pigging out, she could happily eat a whole jar of nutella. She had to admit that Josh's cooking was to die for, and she couldnt help but be thankful for a boyfriend that cooked.

message 37: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh let out his chuckle at this. "If you are willing to accompany me to the kitchen, I would be more than happy to make crepes." Though he didn't let go of his embrace with her. He wanted to carry her, not quite wanting to have her out of his arms again.

message 38: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I dont wanna get up." Lily mumbled, clinging onto him tighter.
"Carry me." She ordered, although her voice sounded awfully feeble compared to her usual confident, happy personality.

message 39: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh nuzzled his face into her neck at the sound of her voice before tightening his hold and sitting up on the bed, her in his arms. When he knew that she was secure, he stood up and headed toward her kitchen. As he set her down on the counter he brought his lips to hers, giving her a sweet kiss before he fully let her go.

message 40: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily met his kiss with a soft one of her own as she was placed on the counter, and she tugged at the hem of her jumper, crossing her arms around herself and studying her fluffy teddy bear slippers before looking up at Josh. She looked frailer than usual, ill almost. As if she would break at any given moment.

message 41: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh turned to look at her from his spot ruffling through her refrigerator. He couldn't help himself when she looked so weak, he left the fridge's door open to prod back over to her. He wrapped his warm arms around her once again, his nose inhaling the sweet smell of her hair before pulling back slightly to look at her. He pecked short kisses all over her; nose, cheeks, forehead, lips.

message 42: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Im sorry." Lily repeated again as he wrapped his arms around her once more before kissing her face over and over, finally meeting her lips. She hated it, hated showing weakness, being so...Incapable. She was naturally a strong, somewhat independent person. Letting somebody see her at her worst wasnt ideal in her mind. Especially when that somebody was her boyfriend. She didnt want him to see her as weak. That wasnt who she was. Lily held his face gently in her hands as their lips met, pulling him slightly closer for a lingering kiss before letting her hands drop to the counter again.

message 43: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh made himself turn from her to make her food rather reluctantly. He went to the open refrigerator and got out all the ingredients before heating the stove up. He put the ingredients into the bowl, whisking it in one hand while the other reached into the cabinet above his head. He stretched to reach the top shelf to pull down the juicer, his shirt riding up. He put it up so only he could reach it as a way for Lily not to use it to juice all the fruit, like she had done in the past.

message 44: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "I still think you over reacted by putting the juicer all the way up there." Lily commented, watching him reach for it.
"I mean, it was only a one off thing." She said sheepishly, wiping her red rimmed eyes.
"I just got bored..." She offered up as an excuse, biting her bottom lip. In all honesty she had gone a bit overboard on the juicing fruits thing. But it had been so fun in her mind.

message 45: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh laughed at the memory, coming into her apartment with fruit peels all over the floor and Hope running around from a sugar high du to drinking so much juice. Not to mention the mess in the kitchen. He pulled the juicer down, setting it beside the stove. He got out the crepe pan from another cabinet and set it on the stove to heat up while he got oranges out of the fridge to juice. "I should be more concerned when you get bored."

message 46: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments Lily managed to smile at the memory, her grin widening at his statement.
"You sure should." She stated, looking over at him.
"Could I...Could I juice the oranges?" She asked dubiously, eyeing up the juicer as if it were a long lost friend that she hadnt laid eyes on in years. When in actual fact the juice crazy incident had only been a month or two ago. Crepes, it had to be said, were one of her favourite foods, combined with her other favoruite food-if that what it would be called- nutella. It was bound to put her in a slightly brighter mood.

message 47: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) He set the oranges by the juicer before turning around and eyeing her skeptically. He let out a defeated sigh, playfully saying "How can I say no to a face like that? And I wonder where Hope get's it from.." A now steady smile on his face, he starts pouring the batter onto the pan, creating her crepes. "Get the powdered sugar out first." he said in a sing-song tone.

message 48: by wanderer (last edited Dec 26, 2012 07:25AM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "Im just gonna juice these oranges." Lily's eyes had lit up like a childs at christmas at the prospects of juicing again as she snatched the oranges and juicer, making quick work of them.
"Anyway, you owe me." She delcared, looking up at him.
"Dont think I've forgotten the time when you threw me in the swimming pool, whilst it was raining. And then had the cheek to lock me out of the house while you and Hope cracked up in the nice and dry house while I was stuck out in the middle of a thunder storm." Lily pouted slightly.
"Yea, you still owe me." She repeated.

message 49: by Ayn (new)

Ayn (vegangamer) Josh rolled his eyes lightly. "The pool was heated. But alright, how about I owe you with a trip to Paris?" A smile was alight on his face as he put the finished crepe on a plate and slathering Nutella on it. He went to her fridge to get the whipped cream out. He sprinkled powdered sugar on her crepe, then did a line of whipped cream just the way she liked it. "Bon-appitiete." He grinned, pushing the plate toward her.

message 50: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) | 1451 comments "it didnt matter if it was heated or not. It was bloody well freezing and you left me out there for a half hour. I could have died." Lily over empizised. She looked down at her plate, mouth watering as she did so.
"Thank you so much. Did I mention how much I love you." She said, managing to smile before leaning up on tip toe and kissing him passionatley. She took the can which he had left on the side, pulling away slightly and sprayed a load of whipped cream in his face, pulling away a little more until she was backed up against the counter.

« previous 1 3 4 5