YA/NA FANATICS discussion

QUARTERLY CHALLENGE > SLUMBOOK CHALLENGE (JANUARY-MARCH)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Hey everyone! :)
I'd like to introduce everyone to the SLUMBOOK CHALLENGE. For this challenge, you'll have to complete the questions below by reading a book that is related to your answer.

An example would be for the questions "What's your Name?". Your answer should be a book that will have your name on the cover or a name of a character of a book or the author or whatever as long as in that book your name is mentioned. It could also be your last name as long as a part of your name is somewhere in the book. If you won't be able to find any, it will have to be a spell your answer for that questions. If for example your name is Liz. Then you'll have to read a book that will spell your name for that one question.

This will be a three month challenge but we can change it to six months if you guys wont be able to finish it by three. If you want to extend the challenge please let me know. :)

The list of the questions will be below. If you need clarifications please message me or leave comments on this thread.

INTRODUCING ME:

1. What's your name?

2. How old are you?

3. Are you Male or Female?

4. What's the color of your eyes?

5. What's the color of your hair?

6. How many siblings do you have?

MY FAVORITES:

1. COLOR

2. BOOK

3. MOVIE

4. FOOD

5. SPORT

6. MUSIC

7. AUTHOR

8. SEASON

9. HOBBIES

MY IDEALS:

1. Ideal Man/Woman:

2. Ideal place to live in:

3. Ideal job:

4. Ideal place to go on vacation:

IF's:

1. If you were going to go out on a date what will you wear?

2. If you were going to get your hair done what do you think your hair will look like?

3. If you were given a chance to choose your super power what will it be?

4. If you could bring one fictional character to life who will it be?

5. If you were stranded in an island, who will you be with?

RANDOM QUESTIONS:

1. Which fictional character could you relate the most to?

2. Which book made you cry the most?

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Love this challenge! Sounds a bit difficult lol... I see what I can do!

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 55 comments So do you know a book with a character names Vicki or last name is Evans?

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Hahaha. I know of an Evan, Vicky. :p

Fall Guy. Its close enough. If you can't find one you'll have to spell out your name or nickname. :)

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Gisbelle wrote: "Love this challenge! Sounds a bit difficult lol... I see what I can do!"

It is going to be a little difficult that's why I extended the time for the challenge. :p
It will be three months but if more time is needed we can extend it to 6 months. :p

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Is it a different book for each, or can the same book count more than once? And how do we find a book that is sure to make us cry? I vote for 4 months.

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 80 comments If I understood correctly, we have 3 months to read 26 books?

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Can you walk me through each requirement, Sandee? Like if I have brown eyes, what should I read?

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Sara wrote: "Is it a different book for each, or can the same book count more than once? And how do we find a book that is sure to make us cry? I vote for 4 months."

Well you can reread the book that has make you cry. For example the Fault in Our Stars made you cry you have to reread that. :p

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Cynthia wrote: "If I understood correctly, we have 3 months to read 26 books?"

Depends really. If for example you can't a book that will fit your question then you have to spell the answer with the books that you will be reading for one questions.

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Gisbelle wrote: "Can you walk me through each requirement, Sandee? Like if I have brown eyes, what should I read?"

If your eyes is brown, you could read a book with a brown cover, a character with brown eyes or brown on the title of the book. :)

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Sara wrote: "Is it a different book for each, or can the same book count more than once? And how do we find a book that is sure to make us cry? I vote for 4 months."

Well you can reread the book t..."

Lol I want one that has me weeping buckets. Do you know one like that?

message 13: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Gayrama (princessdiaries_lover) | 8 comments Can the books be repeated?

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Thanks Sandee :) It's gonna be a fun one :D

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Pamela wrote: "Can the books be repeated?"

As long as you have read it before. :) Its fine. But if you repeat the same book for the same question you cant. :p

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Sara wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Sara wrote: "Is it a different book for each, or can the same book count more than once? And how do we find a book that is sure to make us cry? I vote for 4 mo..."

Edge of Never and the Fault in Our Stars.. Hahaha. You know how much I loved TFIOS right?

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Sara wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Sara wrote: "Is it a different book for each, or can the same book count more than once? And how do we find a book that is sure to make us cry? I ..."

Already read those. Any more??

message 18: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 154 comments Have you read Looking for Alaska, yet? Jalyn, me and Vicki are buddy reading it on January 2nd.

message 19: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) We don't have to do them in order do we?

message 20: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) No one has clarified if its one book for every question, and I'm in!

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
I think it needs to be a different book for every question. That is why it is a three month challenge;) happy reading!

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Alley wrote: "We don't have to do them in order do we?"

Nope. No need to be in order. :)

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Kenzie wrote: "No one has clarified if its one book for every question, and I'm in!"

Nope. It can actually be three or more books per question depending on your answer. :)

message 24: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Kenzie wrote: "No one has clarified if its one book for every question, and I'm in!"

Nope. It can actually be three or more books per question depending on your answer. :)"

I am confused. A different book per question or one book can count for more than 1 number??

message 25: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Gayrama (princessdiaries_lover) | 8 comments Sara wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Kenzie wrote: "No one has clarified if its one book for every question, and I'm in!"

Nope. It can actually be three or more books per question depending on yo..."

I think she meant a different book per question. One book cannot count for more than 1 number. But you can use many books to answer a question. Hope that helps. :)

message 26: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Pamela wrote: "Sara wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Kenzie wrote: "No one has clarified if its one book for every question, and I'm in!"

Nope. It can actually be three or more books per question de..."

Hmm. That just adds more books to the total;)

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I'll add books as I go along. I normally do better this way :)

message 28: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Gayrama (princessdiaries_lover) | 8 comments Sara wrote: "Pamela wrote: "Sara wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Kenzie wrote: "No one has clarified if its one book for every question, and I'm in!"

Nope. It can actually be three or more books ..."

Yep. :)

message 29: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) Thanks for clarifying for Sara, Pamela:) Can't wait to start, really need to start compiling a list XD

message 30: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Gayrama (princessdiaries_lover) | 8 comments No problem Kenzie. :)

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Sara wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Kenzie wrote: "No one has clarified if its one book for every question, and I'm in!"

Nope. It can actually be three or more books per question depending on yo..."

Its more of like for example your ideal guy.
It is possible that you will have more than one answer to one question.

Ideal guy could be something like:

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa because they are my ideal guys. :)

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) But if a book will answer to more than one question then it will work. :) Still put a reason for why that book is what you chose though. :p

message 33: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon This is probably the most difficult challenge I've ever seen.Sounds awesome.I am in.

message 34: by Mishma (last edited Dec 28, 2012 01:26AM) (new)

Mishma Nixon Can I use my middle name for the name question?Because the only book I can ever find my name is the Bible.

message 35: by Ariel (new)

Ariel  (allthebookfeels) I'm in, do we list the categories/books here?
this is my first challenge so I'm unsure of what to do

message 36: by Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (last edited Dec 30, 2012 05:46AM) (new)

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Mishma wrote: "Can I use my middle name for the name question?Because the only book I can ever find my name is the Bible."

Sure. :) as long as its in your name. :)

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Ari wrote: "I'm in, do we list the categories/books here?
this is my first challenge so I'm unsure of what to do"

Yeah just copy the questions above and put the corresponding books you've read below or beside the question. Make sure to give a short explanation why you read it okay? :)

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I have tried finding a book with my name on it. Seems like it is impossible. So I might go with Jezebel since the pronunciation is the same :)

message 39: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I have tried finding a book with my name on it. Seems like it is impossible. So I might go with Jezebel since the pronunciation is the same :)"

Same with me Gisbelle, even in my own language my name is kinda rare name. I can't imagine there's a book with my name in it :(

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Too bad, right Rachmi? :( It'd be nice to see our names in a book :)

message 41: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments Yes Gisbelle, it'd be super nice to read our own name in a book that we read.

message 42: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments So, I wonder instead of a book with similar pronunciation just like Gisbelle said, can I translate my name into different language and use it as my name? If I can do that, I think there’re books with mercy or beautiful (my middle name) as a title or characters.

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Yep middle name would work. Even last name actually. Or if you really can't find one, sounds like would work of book spell your name to make it more challenging. hahaha.

message 44: by Gisbelle (last edited Dec 30, 2012 07:03AM) (new)

Gisbelle I'm in my 20s, so I am going to read a New Adult for that one. Is that correct Sandee?

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) sure. :)
or a character who are on their 20s.
As long as its related to the question, its fine.
make sure to justify the book that you read though just so we would all know why you chose that book. :)

message 46: by Gisbelle (last edited Dec 30, 2012 07:05AM) (new)

Gisbelle Of course. I'll post my list when I'm done choosing the books. Thanks Sandee!

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) Yeah you can update it after you finished the book if you want. :)
I think it will work better that way. :)

Nicole (Desperate for a Good Read) (nicolesdesperateforagoodread) | 4 comments I AM IN? STILL OF HOW IT WORKS BUT I KNOW ITVWILL BE CLARIFIED.

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . (midnightperusing) what are your questions Nicole? :)

message 50: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Mishma wrote: "Can I use my middle name for the name question?Because the only book I can ever find my name is the Bible."

Sure. :) as long as its in your name. :)"

Thanks Sandee.

« previous 1