Comfort Food Comfort Food discussion

How would I know?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Blue Rabella Suppose I had met the male character from the book in a bar and had been able to strike up a conversation with him (never mind by which means). Would I have been able to tell whether I was dealing with a normal person or with a psychopath?

The man is described as beautiful but with cold eyes. Would they set me off, give me the willies, would I leave? Or would I take them as a sign that his mind was preoccupied?
Would I consider dating him if he was kind and gentle in his actions over that drink at the bar?
Would I find indicators of an empathic, caring, loving, romantic person?
Would I think absence of those factors stemmed from the fact that we didn't know another well enough for them to show?

I don't know, but googling about it I found this:
http://psychopathyawareness.wordpress...

Thoughts, anyone?
Please, no info on how to (bdsm-)date safely. There's ample information on that on the net. My question is simply: How easy is it to tell between a normal person and a psychopath?

Saunders Good Question and I would say you would pick up the psychopath traits (eventually) I also believe my gut feeling would send out alarm bells.

Replicant Rachel you'll never know he's a psychopath,because crazy people are the ones who appear normal at first, it's a disguise, and anyway talking to a stranger in the bar is never a good idea..so my answer is : you'll never know :)

Blue Rabella Rae wrote: "Good Question and I would say you would pick up the psychopath traits (eventually) I also believe my gut feeling would send out alarm bells."

I guess once I was in the same position as the female character found herself in, I would pick up on it, yes :)
Fingers crossed for gut feeling.

Blue Rabella Thebomb wrote: "you'll never know he's a psychopath,because crazy people are the ones who appear normal at first, it's a disguise, ..."

But normal people come across as normal too, right? Or do you think it's the other way round, that normal people will come across as slightly strange and this is an indication that they are in fact normal, whereas the complete absence of strange stuff iis creepy and indicative of abnormality?

Replicant Rachel Bluerabella wrote: "Thebomb wrote: "you'll never know he's a psychopath,because crazy people are the ones who appear normal at first, it's a disguise, ..."

But normal people come across as normal too, right? Or do yo..."

my point is don't bother yourself, stop thinking too much, don't talk with strangers unless they seem absolutely trustworthy,like a grandmother for example, or better yet, someone you know..other than that just relax and don't overthink this :)

Replicant Rachel it's very rare to meet a psycho anyway

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 20, 2013 08:46AM) (new)

One of the "symptoms" of being a psychopath is having a charming personality. You won't know you are talking to one.

And just to add, people who are labeled psychopaths are NOT always serial killers.

Replicant Rachel right, they could be serial rapists...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Or CEOs, lawyers, etc. Studies say that some psychopaths are happy just to cause unrest and mayhem in people's personal lives. They say as many as 1 in 7 Wall Street brokers are psychopaths. They get off on the adrenaline rush of taking big risks. Just saying.

message 11: by Replicant Rachel (new)

Replicant Rachel i was joking...