Ravelry Knitters discussion

Knitting > What new knitting book do you want to find under the tree the most?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 355 comments Mod
Every fall I drool over the new selection of knitting books! What is everyone dying to get from Santa? I confess, I got Knit Red out of the library and since its so good, might need to get my own copy.....

message 3: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments I received Cast on Bind Off for Christmas.

message 4: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 355 comments Mod
Lisa, I thought that would be a good one too! I need to get back to experimenting a bit.

message 5: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 355 comments Mod
I also wanted to look at Circular Knitting Workshop Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round by Margaret Radcliffe , because while I'm an expert at dpn's, I realized I don't know magic loop, etc.

Dana, knit in circles looks like one of those books that's a bit above my skill level, but stunning to look through and very inspirational!

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri Haynes (thaynes) | 3 comments I actually found Jane Austen Knits, volume 3 under my tree. Warmed my Janite heart.

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 355 comments Mod
And so fun to look at! I've got all the Jane Austen Knits!

I didn't get any knitting books, but I got a Barnes and noble gift card- almost as good!

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri Haynes (thaynes) | 3 comments Zoe wrote: "And so fun to look at! I've got all the Jane Austen Knits!

It took superhuman strength not to cast on the Longbourn Mitts.

message 9: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 355 comments Mod
I need mitts too, a shorter pair than the o e I keep by my desk. I've had a really generous year with my knitting, I made 14 projects, and 7 of them were gifts! I'm definitely going to be selfish for a bit. Almost done with a simple cowl for me, then I might thumb through the Jane Austen's......love their socks too.

I'm also waiting for something I can't find on Goodreads yet - which probably means its not published yet. One is called, I think, LiteraryKnits, knits inspired by famous literature. The second is What Else Would Madame DeFarge knit? If you never looked at What Would Madame Defarge Knit? by Heather Ordover , pop over to Ravelry and check it out. Fabulous for book lovers, and a terrific mix of knits!

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (quiltsrme) I actually did not want a new knitting book this year. I got a case to hold my sock circulars in!! yay!! Exactly what I needed!

message 11: by Georgina (new)

Georgina My boyfriend has been very supportive of my new hobby. (He has footed the bill for at least two LYS expeditions.) For Christmas he gave me all four volumes of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns. I didn't ask for them; he just knew that I'd like them and get good use out of them. Best. Boyfriend. Ever!

message 12: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments Georgina wrote: "My boyfriend has been very supportive of my new hobby. (He has footed the bill for at least two LYS expeditions.) For Christmas he gave me all four volumes of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting ..."

You are very lucky!

message 13: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments Zoe wrote: "Lisa, I thought that would be a good one too! I need to get back to experimenting a bit."

It's a very interesting book. You will enjoy it.

message 14: by CatBookMom (new)

CatBookMom Georgina wrote: "My boyfriend has been very supportive of my new hobby. (He has footed the bill for at least two LYS expeditions.) For Christmas he gave me all four volumes of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting ..."

Great prezzie, great guy!