☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Angel Breaths
This topic is about Angel Breaths
Your Creative Writing > Angel Breaths Romantic fiction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sherrie Lowe | 3 comments I'd like comments on the opening chapter please. It is very short, only about half a page long but I'd like to know if it would make people want to read on.

The inspiration for this novel came from a news item on abortion laws which asked the question, at what point does a baby have a soul.
Thanks Sherrie

ANGEL BREATHS

Chapter 1

I have never been born. I came together, two cells dividing into four cells, eight cells, and began my journey down that long, long tunnel, its soft warmth cradling me, propelling me onwards to the opening of a crimson chamber. It allowed me to enter and I drifted, wafted on an invisible current, nestled into its pulsating wall but it was unyielding, unwelcoming, it refused to let me embed. Rejected before I’d had a chance to live, to survive, to be. I was thrust into a different tunnel, not so comforting; I shouldn’t have been there, not then, not until I’d grown. I should have been back there in that ruby warmth but I drifted, out of control, out, out into the light and soared away from the cluster of cells.
My mother wept; my father comforted; I watched unseen, a soul without a body, never to share their world, never to bring them joy. Angelique, that was who I was to have been, sent by the angels my mother said, but as the angels gave, they took away and I never knew love, well not earthly love. My family is here, in this realm; Daisy and Alf were their earthly names and they’d have been my great grandparents. They took care of me and I grew.

More can be read on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angel-Breaths... where it can be downloaded and also ordered in paperback

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments Do you want us to read the Amazon sample? According to goodreads it is 200+ pages, so I'm happy to read it- depending on who it is aimed at.
Thanks (:

Sherrie Lowe | 3 comments Hi Amy,
Thank you for saying you'll read for me. I wouldn't expect you to read 200+ pages! I'd just be happy for an opinion of the first page which I've put on here. If you felt you wanted to look further that would be great but not imperative.
Thanks Sherrie.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments I obviously can't review it all as it would have to be purchased & to be honest, I wouldn't buy it on impulse (I don't know who it is aimed at- I'm a YA) but a page won't give me enough I don't think (: